Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Small Video of BMWCCA NHIS Track Day feat. WRX & Evo

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2005, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Small Video of BMWCCA NHIS Track Day feat. WRX & Evo

Incase anyone is interested, here is a small video of myself and a friend of mine (EDIT: driving at high performance speeds) at NHIS. I more or less wanted to show off what an amazing job my friend did at editing the video. My performance doesn't look very impressive because his footage includes 4 sessions (including in-car) whereas mine includes just 1, which happened to be my worst for the weekend. (Excuses, excuses, I know!) My buddy in the WRX managed to kick some ***, though.

Enjoy:

I also manage to look like a total dork in the opening, too.

Last edited by Tsurara; Jan 19, 2006 at 04:43 PM.
Old Nov 23, 2005, 02:07 PM

At least your *** wasn't hanging out like mine was.

Bless google, bless warez'ed Premiere.
Old Nov 23, 2005, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Exactly what kind of racing was that? Because HPDE isn't racing.

Is that Zero Stage Monster website a joke?

LOL You kept track of how many times you lapped a car.
Old Nov 23, 2005, 06:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mayhem

I doubt he posted the video to invite your holier than thou remarks. I'm sure he is aware that HPDE is not racing as well. So, live and let live.
Old Nov 23, 2005, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

Percy -

You forget where we are. This is the land of the trolls. Of course you can expect snide comments (not from me of course LOL).

I watched the first 3 minutes of the video. Obviously these are a couple of guys who are pretty new to the track, and the cameraman is new to making videos. They seem to be having fun. More power to them.
Old Nov 23, 2005, 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

Very nice video editing and driving. Btw, nice tunes too, can I get the titles to those tracks.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see you have them @ the end. So impatient, huh?

Last edited by QAT-R; Nov 23, 2005 at 07:22 PM.
Old Nov 23, 2005, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mayhem

The video is a joke, my website is a joke (sorta) and we are super beginners at racing. This was just meant for fun, we don't really keep a "kill count". Relax
Old Nov 24, 2005, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry I gave you a hard time. You're right that you were just having a good time. Just something about the "kill count" that got to me. My bad.
Old Nov 25, 2005, 12:29 AM

The whole thing is about having fun. Take yourself too seriously, and you'll find yourself dead real quick. We had a blast at the driving school, and I had a blast editing the footage.

If you enjoy the video, i'm glad. Otherwise, I'm wearing my flamesuit.

Last edited by eclip5e; Nov 25, 2005 at 12:36 AM.
Old Nov 25, 2005, 12:52 AM
Evolved Member

it's so amazingly nice to see some evos (and wrx) for that matter, doing something besides drag racing.
Old Nov 25, 2005, 01:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Hotshot940
it's so amazingly nice to see some evos (and wrx) for that matter, doing something besides drag racing.
+1
Old Nov 25, 2005, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tsurara
Incase anyone is interested, here is a small video of myself and a friend of mine racing at NHIS.
I was supposed to instruct at that event, but I couldn't get the time off from work. BTW, people will get pissed if you refer to an HPDE session as "racing!" We do what we can to keep racing out of these events

Emre
Old Nov 25, 2005, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kayaalp
I was supposed to instruct at that event, but I couldn't get the time off from work. BTW, people will get pissed if you refer to an HPDE session as "racing!" We do what we can to keep racing out of these events

Emre
Again, understood. I just refer to on-track driving as racing, but since that seems to be taboo, I will restrain in the future.
Old Nov 26, 2005, 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tsurara
Again, understood. I just refer to on-track driving as racing, but since that seems to be taboo, I will restrain in the future.
Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed it! These track events are addctive, aren't they?

If you have a chance, try to sign up for some winter driving school, winter rally school, or "ice racing" (i.e., autocross on ice) events. You'd be amazed at how quickly your track driving will improve. The whole joy of track driving comes from being able to control your car at the absolute limit...and just over the limit. When you spend a day on a frozen lake, that's hours and hours of being "over the limit" but still keeping the car on-track.

Emre
Old Nov 26, 2005, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kayaalp

Emre

Emre,

It's probabaly not good, but I'm sure you realize how competitive some non-racing HPDE events can be, especially in areas like norcal...not so much that people are dive-bombing and trying to take away apexes, but in that everyone is running laptimers, and that there are a bunch of very competent drivers in fast cars. In some of the groups I run open passing with, NCRC and Trackmasters racing, not to mention NASA hpde 4, there are organized time trials, and in the open passing sessions a lot of race prepped cars...so the atmosphere gets a little competitive, but not necessarily dangerous. for a lot of people in these more time-trial oriented groups the next step is racing, that is my plan. So everyone does not take the light hearted let's just go out and have fun approach to driving in the upper groups at these events. Not to down anything you have said, but there are variious levels of "hpde" and various approaches to participating in them. Just to put it out there.

Percy

Quick Reply: Small Video of BMWCCA NHIS Track Day feat. WRX & Evo