Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Large Size Racing Seats??

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2006, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EVOlutionary
I wonder how hard it would be to move the whole seat in toward the center console about 1/4-1/2". Probably would need some custom brackets or something. Mind if I ask how how big you are? I'm 6'3, 275# or so. Do you think the EVO2 would be small for me?

I already put my car on a diet . . . now you expect me to do it too?? My friends always mess with me because I try to knock off weight on the car when I could knock an easy 50 pounds off my stomach and a$$.

EVOlutionary

your not the only one...
Old Mar 21, 2006, 06:23 PM
Evolving Member

does anyone know if the bride vios, or the recaro pole position would fit us big guys?? ive got about a 36-38 waist...
Old Mar 24, 2006, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
OK folks, I think I found it! I am going to test fit it on Tuesday if time goes well. Here is a linky:

http://www.racetechseatsna.com/race_seats/RT4000.html

It is at the bottom - the RaceTech 4000WX. I sat in a 4000W and it was too tight in the hip area. This should do the trick. I am going to fit the 4000W and see if there will be enough room to fit the WX. It looks like I need about an inch more at the B-pillars for the WX as compared to the W.

I will let you all know how it goes. BTW, for anyone looking for seats, the RaceTech are absolutely awesome!! Their top of the line seats have been tested to withstand an over 45G crash. That's 45 times normal gravity!!

EVOlutionary
Old Apr 2, 2006, 09:26 AM
Evolving Member

Question

Originally Posted by EVOlutionary
OK folks, I think I found it! I am going to test fit it on Tuesday if time goes well. Here is a linky:

http://www.racetechseatsna.com/race_seats/RT4000.html

It is at the bottom - the RaceTech 4000WX. I sat in a 4000W and it was too tight in the hip area. This should do the trick. I am going to fit the 4000W and see if there will be enough room to fit the WX. It looks like I need about an inch more at the B-pillars for the WX as compared to the W.

I will let you all know how it goes. BTW, for anyone looking for seats, the RaceTech are absolutely awesome!! Their top of the line seats have been tested to withstand an over 45G crash. That's 45 times normal gravity!!

EVOlutionary

So, any new info? I am in the same boat as you.

thanks
Old Apr 2, 2006, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

ok...its not confirmed just yet...but buddy club saids that their racing spec seat(lage size) will fit up to about 210lbs/ 36 -38 waist....i will soon confirm it when i order the seat...
Old Apr 2, 2006, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
cobra suzuka (rally style seat)

recaro pole position, but i hate the shape of these.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

Here you go. This is what I came up with so far. Seats under 24" wide "should" fit in the EVO without a problem. I agree that the PolePosition looks stupid with the round head rest area, but I think that is the one I am going to go with, unless I find out that I can fit in the 4009WTHR. It is actually a couple inches taller than most seats so that would be good for me.

Old Feb 23, 2007, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
can any of the big & tall guys chime in here with what they bought??

I fit in the Evo 2 seat well; however, my torso is too long, and I completely block the openings for the shoulder straps I'm 6'4", 220lbs. and have a 36/37" waist.

I'm leaning towards the Cobra Suzuka GT's???
Old Feb 23, 2007, 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn little Asian niblets. Hell, my wife is a 5'8" 125 beanpole...I can't imagine a guy being that small!
Old Feb 23, 2007, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

Check out the RaceTech 4009WTHR. Downsides are price and the head restraints, but I just got one and it is absolutely awesome! I don't think the head restraints will be too bad.

http://www.racetechseatsna.com/race_seats/RT9009.html

I just ordered some Buddy Club seat rails and we'll see soon jsut how it fits in the EVO.

EVOlutionary
Old Feb 23, 2007, 09:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Damn little Asian niblets. Hell, my wife is a 5'8" 125 beanpole...I can't imagine a guy being that small!
lol....
Old Feb 24, 2007, 03:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by meanmud
can any of the big & tall guys chime in here with what they bought??

I fit in the Evo 2 seat well; however, my torso is too long, and I completely block the openings for the shoulder straps I'm 6'4", 220lbs. and have a 36/37" waist.

I'm leaning towards the Cobra Suzuka GT's???
I'm 6'3, and 225, the memoryfab seat i have holds me stuck.

It's just perfect enough that i don't move, even without the harnesses on. good stuff. but i'm about a 36 waist, and thats where it squeezes, good for me, bad for you.
Old Feb 24, 2007, 05:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WarmPepsi
I'm 6'3, and 225, the memoryfab seat i have holds me stuck.

It's just perfect enough that i don't move, even without the harnesses on. good stuff. but i'm about a 36 waist, and thats where it squeezes, good for me, bad for you.
Memoryfab - are they the NRG seats?? The one model is an Evo 2 copy, I think I think I would fit fine in those; however, it's the holes for the shoulder straps that I'm too tall for

I've been told that the Cobra GT seats are tall then Sparco's - I haven't been told about the RaceTech's. I'll be calling CDOC on Monday; they carry both
Old Feb 24, 2007, 05:23 AM
Evolving Member

Corbeau makes some large size seats.....ofcourse if you dont mind cheap seats....but hey they do the job =D
Old Feb 24, 2007, 05:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by meanmud
Memoryfab - are they the NRG seats?? The one model is an Evo 2 copy, I think I think I would fit fine in those; however, it's the holes for the shoulder straps that I'm too tall for

I've been told that the Cobra GT seats are tall then Sparco's - I haven't been told about the RaceTech's. I'll be calling CDOC on Monday; they carry both

I have no idea what they're a knockoff of. No doubt they are though. prices went up a bit too (on their site)

http://memoryfab.com/products/access...glarge_2_4.jpg

I have the 68's. the belts come through the hole and go up, but don't really contact the top of the seat. (for me) Other than that, i love the things, have survived my abuse very well.

Quick Reply: Large Size Racing Seats??