Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Large Size Racing Seats??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2007, 05:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks - I appreciate all of the suggestions

Sold my seats last week and thought I'd have at least 1 seat in yesterday, but thanks to Sparco's hair-brained ideas - I do not I ain't got no seats!!!

Sparco came out with the Evo 2 Plus seat; an Evo 2 (I thought/assumed)with a slightly longer/taller back side w/higher openings for the shoulder straps Silly Sparco took the Evo dimensions and elongated them for a taller driver - shouldn't they have called it the Evo Plus and not Evo 2 Plus Sparco said that maybe this summer they'll actuall keep the Evo 2 dimensions and elongate them and call it Evo XL Plus
Old Feb 24, 2007, 06:38 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had the EVO XL in my car and it is too wide for the EVO. Unless you are takiing out the center console and the trim by the seatbelt. I ended up selling mine.
Old Feb 24, 2007, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo8usa
I had the EVO XL in my car and it is too wide for the EVO. Unless you are takiing out the center console and the trim by the seatbelt. I ended up selling mine.
I wouldn't be opposed to removing the center console (The RS model's console is hardly a console ) or the b-pillar interior moldings. Oh yeah - no Sparco's for me
Old Feb 24, 2007, 07:02 AM
Evolving Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by evo8usa

Bummer... AMS made my EVO XL work, a little trim on the seat by the console and on the wing by the B pillar, fit's perfectly. Had to take the adjuster out, I am torso tall.

EVO XL will work with some work... sorry no photos
Old Feb 24, 2007, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Gary C
Bummer... AMS made my EVO XL work, a little trim on the seat by the console and on the wing by the B pillar, fit's perfectly. Had to take the adjuster out, I am torso tall.

EVO XL will work with some work... sorry no photos
If you're torso tall, how did you get the shoulder straps through the holes? Or are you not running with a harness?
Old Feb 24, 2007, 07:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by meanmud
can any of the big & tall guys chime in here with what they bought??

I fit in the Evo 2 seat well; however, my torso is too long, and I completely block the openings for the shoulder straps I'm 6'4", 220lbs. and have a 36/37" waist.

I'm leaning towards the Cobra Suzuka GT's???

I just put a suzuka gt in my car. I'm a nearly identical 6'4" 215lb 36" waist and the seat is snug but not uncomfortably so. Sometimes the waist doesn't tell the whole story though and hip width can be more important (I don't have a tape measure free to measure mine). The shoulder strap openings are fine for my height.
Old Feb 24, 2007, 07:41 AM
Evolving Member

If you're torso tall, how did you get the shoulder straps through the holes? Or are you not running with a harness?

Yes, I am running a harness.... The EVO XL/3 worked perfectly in my Road race SRT4 also.
Old Feb 24, 2007, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Barfly30
I just put a suzuka gt in my car. I'm a nearly identical 6'4" 215lb 36" waist and the seat is snug but not uncomfortably so. Sometimes the waist doesn't tell the whole story though and hip width can be more important (I don't have a tape measure free to measure mine). The shoulder strap openings are fine for my height.
Good info - not sure if I ever measured my hips

If I may ask - how did you mount the seat?? I'm looking to get this seat in WAY low
Old Feb 24, 2007, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

I found the solution:

Don't have to pack that extra beach chair - I wonder if NASA will have any issues with this
Attached Thumbnails Large Size Racing Seats??-seat1.jpg   Large Size Racing Seats??-seat2.jpg  
Old Feb 24, 2007, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TwoMix9900
if all else fails...theres always dieting...
tried that, lost 60+ lbs, but now thanks to the gym, I can't find a seat that will fit my shoulders...
Old Feb 24, 2007, 09:59 PM
Evolving Member

If I may ask - how did you mount the seat?? I'm looking to get this seat in WAY low
I used alloy side mounts. The seat is pretty low and I have about an inch head clearance with helmet. I also have the seat pretty far back and will have an extra rear mount installed so that there isn't rearward flex. I am using a short splash hub with quick release, spacer, and a medium dish wheel. It fits my frame perfectly.
Old Feb 25, 2007, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Barfly30
I used alloy side mounts. The seat is pretty low and I have about an inch head clearance with helmet. I also have the seat pretty far back and will have an extra rear mount installed so that there isn't rearward flex. I am using a short splash hub with quick release, spacer, and a medium dish wheel. It fits my frame perfectly.
The side mounts are bolted directly to the car?

I just installed the Splash, w/quick release and the Sparco 375 wheel (about 35mm dish.
Old Feb 25, 2007, 08:53 AM
Evolving Member

The side mounts are bolted directly to the car?

I just installed the Splash, w/quick release and the Sparco 375 wheel (about 35mm dish.
Mine are bolted directly to the car.

I believe I bought the 345 with 63mm dish and I added a spacer. The seat is reasonably far back and I still have good leverage on the wheel.
Old Feb 25, 2007, 08:55 PM
Evolving Member

Hey guys. Does anyone have Recaro SPG XL in their car?
http://www.recaro.com/index.php?id=2012&L=2
Im 6'4",215,36waist. I've sat in one at the shop and it fits me pretty good and shoulder straps holes line up good. Just dont know how is the fitment in the Evo.
Just sharing some info
Old Feb 25, 2007, 10:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
what do you mean fitment in the evo? it's all about the mounting base you use.

if you're super tall then you don't have to worry about the b pillar because your shoulders bolsters will be behind it.

Quick Reply: Large Size Racing Seats??