Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

What kind of gauges for track use

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2006, 10:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What kind of gauges for track use

Hi guys,

I'm about to get a boost gauge and whatever other gauges you recommend. What gauges are critical to watch as I drive/ come off track.

I am getting a Zeitronic zt-2 installed (which will probably be in the glove box or something) but I want some gauges up in front of my eyes to monitor.

Boost, oil temp, water temp, oil pressure? What do you think?

Any recs on manufacturers?
Old Mar 10, 2006, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

I'd really reccomend Boost/EGT/Oil Pressure for your first gauges. Make sure they come with peak/hold/warning features as well. EGTs are great on the track, if you are pushing it too hard it will let you know and save an engine. I would also pick up a oil/coolant temp as well if you plan on doing some serious road racing. Temperature is a big issue and this will help you monitor it.

I like GReddy gauges, personally. Any Blitz/Defi/Apexi/GReddy/HKS gauge will suit you well.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
search button landed me this thread.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ghlight=guages

I'm running defi-d's, boost, water temp, oil pressure ( in addition to the stock boost, oil temp and volt (woo-hoo)). Also running the xd-1 (wideband)

Water temp and oil temp are important. I don't have any peak hold or anything of the sort, but you just learn to check as soon as you're on the straightaway, and have shifted. You have to deliberatly remind yourself to check, or you get caught up and they do no good.

I wouldn't want a warning beep, a light might be good, but a beep would scare me on track i think
Old Mar 10, 2006, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

I run gauges for Boost, Exhaust Temp., and Air/Fuel Ratio. All are really for the safety of the engine.