Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

SCCA Fontana ProSolo Round 1 - Evos podium finish

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2006, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jpgunn
Sounds to me like the Ralliart ECU for the ACD would be good. Anyone have a work around for making those work on the US cars yet?

Rear diff may be worth worrying about -- which one works best in the tight radius AX application?

Front diff seems like it would not be worth the trouble, but could be.

Full exhaust and possibly headers are a given.

ECU and some way to switch from 91 Octane maps to 100 Octane map is a must.

Lose weight everywhere you can.

What about people's choices for spring rates?

Ride Height?

Alignment specs?

Anyone make a nice flare for the Evo? 315s would be nice, but may make the car too wide. I wonder if you could do a 315 front and 275 rear?

Has anyone looked into putting the ABS on the Evo IX RS?
Ahhhh, welcome to the board James. Didn't realize who you were until I noticed your signature.

Good job on your 2nd place finish at the Fontana Pro in A-stock. An 89' Honda Civic no less. Can't forget about your 3rd place finish at the San Diago Tour in STU (95' M3 on Kumho MX's). What are you planning on driving the rest of the year? and at Nat's? Not STU I hope.

Just to help you out. The Xede we are talking about is able to switch maps on the fly. 91 to a race fuel map and back again.

I have not read of anyone using the Ralliart ECU on US Evo's yet. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Both Cusco and Ralliart offer alternative front and rear lsd's including 1, 1.5, and 2 way.

You can realistically get the Evo down to just above 2900 lbs w/o driver in STU/BSP trim. There is a thread around here about loosing weight.

Spring rates and ride heights are usually not offered here.

There is also different opinions on alignment. Personally, I run my camber at -3.2 front, -1.3 rear. Toe is at 1/4 total out front and 1/8 total out rear.

Flares?, front not sure, rear yes. Wider front fender replacements are available as well as an APR wide body kit for both f/r (nice kit).

ABS on an RS, good luck.

I know both Daddio and John/Andy have experimented with different tire sizes f/r, but I believe they both ran same size f/r at the 05' Nat's. As I remember.

Dave
Old Mar 25, 2006, 06:10 PM

Thanks for the info Dave. I am not sure if the Evo IX will be my car of choice yet, but I do think it would do very well in STU. I think I have all the info I need to put together a pretty serious contender for STU at this point. BSP would be a bit tougher, as Uyeda's new S2000 is seriously fast and barely developed as of yet. I am pretty wary of going to BSP until the S2000 gets put back in ASP:-)

Thanks for noticing the results to date this year. The MXs did well on the M3, and the Boxster S worked well for AS.

Looking around to see what strikes my fancy. I think an Elise for ASP would be very good, or a Spec Miata looks good for a dual-purpose car.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

FYI, I don't think that the S2000 will be able to hold a candle to any of the current BSP cars, not including the rally cars. It will just be down on power. Jason is fast in it, because Jason is fast
Old Mar 27, 2006, 10:47 AM

Hmmm, I have seen that low powered S2000 run faster than Gary T in his SM2 winning Corvette. Power does not seem to be an issue.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

Hmmm, I have seen that low powered S2000 run faster than Gary T in his SM2 winning Corvette. Power does not seem to be an issue.
Well what's the story behind that? That doesn't sound right at all.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 12:49 PM

That is just what has happened repeatedly at multiple events around Southern CA. Not always beating Gary outright, but killing him and everyone else on PAX always by large margins. So, I think the S2000 is a very serious contender for 2006. Unlimited boost and a full boat Evo could be trouble for one at the pros though.
Old Mar 28, 2006, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

That is just what has happened repeatedly at multiple events around Southern CA. Not always beating Gary outright, but killing him and everyone else on PAX always by large margins. So, I think the S2000 is a very serious contender for 2006. Unlimited boost and a full boat Evo could be trouble for one at the pros though.
That's a very interesting data point James. I'll defintely keep my eyes open the rest of the year. No matter what the outcome is, things should be interesting in Topeka. See ya there
Old Mar 28, 2006, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hey Dave, Jeremy, and Max.

Thanks for the congrats!

Good luck to those going to the Walnut Ridge tour this weekend.

Rick