Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Building a BSP Evo 9 or 8

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2010, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by S1MPSONS

So what's Berry's dyno plot look like???
I am gonna guess it looks like stock, only fatter and taller. . .
Old Mar 24, 2010, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jake,

If you want to know what a built evo8 would make ask Mike Fineberg from Philly region. His car is pretty much full out save for swapping pistons. Not sure if he has had it on a dyno though.

John
Old Mar 24, 2010, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by kekek
Jake,

If you want to know what a built evo8 would make ask Mike Fineberg from Philly region. His car is pretty much full out save for swapping pistons. Not sure if he has had it on a dyno though.

John
Mike's a great guy, he's full of knowledge and always willing to lend a hand if he can. Just don't ever look away when he's on course...
Old Mar 24, 2010, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
So what's Berry's dyno plot look like???
this guy is likely leading the bsp evo pack in power.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/6550125-post26.html

I couldn't find his dyno chart, the search function on this site is lame.

Last edited by griceiv; Mar 24, 2010 at 01:02 PM.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 07:11 PM
Evolving Member

Dude, my car is slow, what do you mean

BTW, I miss you guys, can't wait for Nationals!

Jon, whats been up, you going to run your car this year?

Marshall, better have that Big Trouble in Little China Hat in Full Effect when I see you!

As far as power, I have not had my car on a dyno, so I do not want to talk without really knowing. Namer knows me, any questions he has I am more than willing to help, just like you guys did for me in the past! What goes around comes around...
Old Mar 25, 2010, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. MR
I can attest to this, as I drove the car. Between all the misfires, banging and popping... I'd say you are putting down at least 250HP. Only about 30HP less than an STU car.

Corey #89 STU

Last edited by CoreyR; Mar 25, 2010 at 09:18 AM.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 07:35 AM
chu
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CoreyR
I can attest to this, as I drove the car. Between all the misfires, banging and popping... I'd say you are putting down at least 250HP. Only about 30HP less than my STU car.

Corey #89 STU
Still looks damn fast on course!
Old Mar 25, 2010, 08:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CoreyR
I can attest to this, as I drove the car. Between all the misfires, banging and popping... I'd say you are putting down at least 250HP. Only about 30HP less than my STU car.

Corey #89 STU
there you go, I speak the truth! FYI no more misfires or popping..... Believe it or not, that was all caused by user error.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 10:14 AM
Evolving Member

Consider that a BSP EVO is WOT 3x more than an ASP FD because it has 2 additional contact patches putting the power down. In Dixie, I can't think of more than 2 places I was WOT. If I was in the STU Subaru I know I would have been all over the throttle (much like Evos).
My new (to me) IX is really a BSP car that I ran in SM this year @ Dixie (went for a 3-peat in SM) . I can't think of more than 2 places I was WOT there either. SM ran 1st & I had no co-driver to put any heat in the tires, and it was COLD (esp Sun)--so it was 'skate' maintainence.

When BSP ran in the 2nd heat, the winning BSP car (my mechanic's car), had the advantage of 2 drivers & having the tires @ least a little warm because the car ran in SM as well. I do agree that they were able to plant it a bit more than we did in the 1st round...

I am happy w/ the new SE so far, it's been reliable (my fingers are tightly crossed) & it's more tractable than my since-sold yellow VIII. It only weighed 3042# w/ a low fuel level--pleased abt that too

It will be going in for an e85 conversion here shortly as well--looking forward to it!

Old Mar 29, 2010, 05:20 PM
Cy

Thread bump from a new BSP addict.

Originally Posted by Mr. MR
Mike, I believe that your car is actually really fast. It's the driver that's slow...

(Just in case non-Philly Region people don't know, we love to give Mike a hard time, he definitely deserves it and is (usually) a good sport about it. )

Last edited by Cy; Mar 29, 2010 at 05:44 PM. Reason: clarification
Old Mar 29, 2010, 05:59 PM
Cy

Consider that a BSP EVO is WOT 3x more than an ASP FD because it has 2 additional contact patches putting the power down. In Dixie, I can't think of more than 2 places I was WOT. If I was in the STU Subaru I know I would have been all over the throttle (much like Evos).
As for whether the rx7 fits in BSP -- the best case scenario is that it would be good competition, but worst case is that it would make the "car to have" course- or surface-dependent or even kill the Evo.

It would not serve the SCCA membership well to upset a class currently dominated by a fun, easy-to-mod platform that is plentiful and becoming cheaper each year and make the "car to have" be an 18+ year old car that is quite rare and increasingly expensive.

Disclaimer: I just moved to BSP from STU and don't want to go back -- more purple crack, please!

I hope your Subie wasn't too badly damaged yesterday Jake, keep us updated...
Old Mar 29, 2010, 06:32 PM
chu
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Cy
As for whether the rx7 fits in BSP -- the best case scenario is that it would be good competition, but worst case is that it would make the "car to have" course- or surface-dependent or even kill the Evo.

It would not serve the SCCA membership well to upset a class currently dominated by a fun, easy-to-mod platform that is plentiful and becoming cheaper each year and make the "car to have" be an 18+ year old car that is quite rare and increasingly expensive.

Disclaimer: I just moved to BSP from STU and don't want to go back -- more purple crack, please!

I hope your Subie wasn't too badly damaged yesterday Jake, keep us updated...
Oh man, I wasn't watching when it happened, but people were saying half the car was airborn. The damage didn't look too bad from outside, but good luck in any case!