Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

TCdesignfab rollbar

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2006, 06:49 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,052 Likes on 764 Posts
TCdesignfab rollbar

Was going to put this in show and shine but figured this forum was a bit more appropriate.

Finally got a rollbar in the beast. TCdesign fab rollbar. Can still fit the 255 RA1's in the back too. With the seat cushions out of course.

http://www.tcdesignfab.com/

Here are the photos:

and a surpise apperance by my brake rotor:

Last edited by razorlab; May 12, 2006 at 06:52 PM.
Old May 12, 2006, 06:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dig that last pick looks like a desert on that rotor
Old May 12, 2006, 07:00 PM
Evolving Member

Did you have to cut the supports out of the backseat in order to fit it like that?

Looks awesome!!! Was thinking about picking up one soon, this one looks of very good quality. How was the install?

Devin
Old May 12, 2006, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

Bolt in? How much? I couldn't find prices on their site for it.
Old May 12, 2006, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hmm, form follows function and all, but short of the diagonal not intersecting the harness bar on the autopower, looks the same, just farther back.
Old May 12, 2006, 08:38 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by WarmPepsi
hmm, form follows function and all, but short of the diagonal not intersecting the harness bar on the autopower, looks the same, just farther back.
Yup, not much difference between actual rollbar designs but... and this is the BIG difference..

I can fit 255's 17x9's in between the bars. I could not with the Autopower since the diagonal bent back.

I can't take the passenger seat out for track events since I instruct and I didn't want a tire trailer so this was a great solution.

Last edited by razorlab; May 12, 2006 at 11:03 PM.
Old May 12, 2006, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by razorlab
Yup, not much difference between actual rollbar designs but... and this is the BIG difference..

I can fit 255's 17x9's in between the bars. I could not with the Autopower since the diagonal bent back.

I can't take the passenger seat out for track events since instruct and I didn't want a tire trailer so this was a great solution.
gotcha.

Normally if you're serious enough to merit a roll-bar in a 4 door sedan, you're serious enough to pull it there on a trailer heh, all the tools, etc i take would never fit INSIDE the evo, even if i wanted to drive it there
Old May 12, 2006, 08:42 PM
Account Disabled

looks great...
Old May 12, 2006, 11:04 PM
EvoM Guru

gotcha.

Normally if you're serious enough to merit a roll-bar in a 4 door sedan, you're serious enough to pull it there on a trailer heh, all the tools, etc i take would never fit INSIDE the evo, even if i wanted to drive it there
Yea one of my track buddies just caged his evo and bought a F150 to tow it to events.

You should see the amount of tools, tires and easy-up I bring to events. The car looks strange with tucked wheels from all the weight.
Old May 13, 2006, 05:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by razorlab
Yea one of my track buddies just caged his evo and bought a F150 to tow it to events.

You should see the amount of tools, tires and easy-up I bring to events. The car looks strange with tucked wheels from all the weight.
yeah, i've been usin an older chevy pickup, with a massively over-sized tilt top trailer... get it done, but is a pain.

I like being able to pull in, unstrap the car, and go straight to tech, with no issues. Rather than gettin there, swappin tires/brakes/yankin tools, etc. Besides, twice i blew an intercooler pipe off (turbo side of the fmic) at the end of the day, and i just loaded it up, fixed it when i got home
Old May 13, 2006, 06:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 992gnt
Old May 13, 2006, 01:24 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by 992gnt
It bolts in. Price depends on options/mounting/finish. I believe Tony only makes them for locals since he was having some 3rd party install problems before.
Old May 13, 2006, 03:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Solo Evo
Did you have to cut the supports out of the backseat in order to fit it like that?
Devin
Old May 13, 2006, 03:51 PM
Evolving Member

looks good bryan. glad you got that in there. it was definitely time.

yeah, i've been usin an older chevy pickup, with a massively over-sized tilt top trailer... get it done, but is a pain.

I like being able to pull in, unstrap the car, and go straight to tech, with no issues. Rather than gettin there, swappin tires/brakes/yankin tools, etc. Besides, twice i blew an intercooler pipe off (turbo side of the fmic) at the end of the day, and i just loaded it up, fixed it when i got home

and i thought you said you brought a lot of stuff to the track.
i had that happen and had 2 spare samco hoses for it. got it back together between sessions. i think i carry more **** to the track than anyone i know.
even a full spare set of brakes(the stock set).

ps. in case anyone cares you can get 275/35/18's in the rear of the full cage version of the autopower bar. i just use the rear half instead of the full thing since it stays in on the street as well.
Old May 13, 2006, 04:10 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Solo Evo

Looks awesome!!! Was thinking about picking up one soon, this one looks of very good quality. How was the install?

Devin
You just have to cut out abotu a 2" or so area on each side out of the supports to fit it around the bar. You can't visually see it.

Quick Reply: TCdesignfab rollbar