Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Track whores with MRs?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2007, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I mean since you don't have the tray there, you still have air circulating. I just thought that maybe the stock tray actually concentrates the air a bit more. I guess if you put it in terms like that then why not just make an air duct tot channel more air into the cooling fins of the tranny. I mean the key here is to just have proper cooling and air circulation to the tranny.

Last edited by timmiii; Nov 6, 2007 at 06:59 AM.
Old Nov 6, 2007, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Well I just got done ordering the Tilton Pump and Fluidyne cooler. I am going to run Earls lines instead of Aeroquip (my friend is a earls dealer). I will do a install thread once I get everything together.
Old Nov 6, 2007, 12:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kidloco51
Well I just got done ordering the Tilton Pump and Fluidyne cooler. I am going to run Earls lines instead of Aeroquip (my friend is a earls dealer). I will do a install thread once I get everything together.
Where'd you get the pump and how much?
Old Nov 6, 2007, 01:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kidloco51
Spectacular... Please post a message in this thread when you do it!
Old Nov 6, 2007, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by grenade
Where'd you get the pump and how much?
Summit Racing for $179.00
Old Nov 7, 2007, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

stock undertray anyone?
Old Nov 7, 2007, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by timmiii
stock undertray anyone?
I was using the stock undertray when my 6sp overheated (if that's your question?).
Old Nov 8, 2007, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

I havent checked this thread for awhile, but wondering if anyone has used or has any thoughts on this fluid, Amsoil Synthetic Manual Transmission and Transaxle Gear Lube 75W-90 API GL-4:

http://www.amsoil.com/StoreFront/mtg.aspx

Heres a quick quote that sounds pretty nice:

Recommended for synchronized manual transmissions and transaxles that require 75W-85, 75W-90 or 80W-90 viscosities

Meets GL-4 performance specifications required by some models of Acura, Hyundai, Infiniti, Kia, Land Rover, Lexus, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Subaru, Suzuki, Toyota, Volkswagen, Hino Mitsubishi-Fuso, and Zetor.
I run Amsoil in the engine, saw this in their brochure so I thought Id ask if anyone has used it.

-Ryan
Old Nov 8, 2007, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hmmm
i just happened to find quite a few leftover brand new -6 aeroquip fittings in my parts boxes
anyone see any negatives about running this size? ive used this size for many fuel systems up to 700 hps...I ask because why should I buy more if these will work...i have at least a few hundred dollars in fittings here
Old Nov 8, 2007, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 555R
hmmm
i just happened to find quite a few leftover brand new -6 aeroquip fittings in my parts boxes
anyone see any negatives about running this size? ive used this size for many fuel systems up to 700 hps...I ask because why should I buy more if these will work...i have at least a few hundred dollars in fittings here
Care to share...lol Fab up a kit and lets see it.
Old Nov 8, 2007, 01:24 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by BlackTrack
I havent checked this thread for awhile, but wondering if anyone has used or has any thoughts on this fluid, Amsoil Synthetic Manual Transmission and Transaxle Gear Lube 75W-90 API GL-4:

http://www.amsoil.com/StoreFront/mtg.aspx

Heres a quick quote that sounds pretty nice:

I run Amsoil in the engine, saw this in their brochure so I thought Id ask if anyone has used it.

-Ryan
That's what I've been using since my first gearbox oil change at 5k miles.
Old Nov 8, 2007, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

Hmmm, I want to ask more but it just seems useless right now... Everyone seems to hate it.
Old Nov 8, 2007, 03:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Ask away...no hate here. Besides, if someone hates your question it says more about them then it does you. So again, ask away...
Old Nov 8, 2007, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mrfred
That's what I've been using since my first gearbox oil change at 5k miles.
Have you tracked it any and how do you like it compared to stock. I know my 2nd gear is a little notchy on cold mornings with stock fluid. I am down to the Amsoil or Motul...just trying to decide which one is best.

Also for anybody wondering I have been exchanging emails with a motul technician and he said the Gear 300 even being GL5 certified is completely safe in our transmission. They use different type of additive and detergeants I guess that is not harmful but allows them to meet GL4 and GL5 requiremens.

On questions for you guys though does the rear diff and transfer case have to be 90wt. Because I see some people run the Motul 75-140 Competition gear oil but the motul tech reccomend 90pa fluid. Or do you think the stock Diaqueen fluid is adequate for daily driven and occasional tracking?
Old Nov 8, 2007, 05:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by dbsears87
I know my 2nd gear is a little notchy on cold mornings with stock fluid. I am down to the Amsoil or Motul...just trying to decide which one is best.
You should check out the MOPAR fluid too, IMO.

Quick Reply: Track whores with MRs?