Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Track whores with MRs?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2007, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So whats some good transmission oil to run in the 6speed? I have to change mine very soon along with the rest of the driveline fluids. Any recommendations would help! Thanks!
Old Dec 15, 2007, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

AMSOIL Product Code MTG...... Email me for a quote... oildoc@bestoil4you.com

Doc
Old Dec 15, 2007, 03:44 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by Oil Doc
AMSOIL Product Code MTG...... Email me for a quote... oildoc@bestoil4you.com

Doc
What do you think about running the Severe Service EP gear oil in the gearbox?
Old Dec 16, 2007, 12:21 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by timmiii
So whats some good transmission oil to run in the 6speed? I have to change mine very soon along with the rest of the driveline fluids. Any recommendations would help! Thanks!
You can try the AMsoil like oil doc recommended and you could also try the MOPAR full synthetic 75W-85 that I've had good luck with.
Old Dec 16, 2007, 12:36 AM
Evolved Member

Right now I'm aiming towards AMSOIL, just waiting on a reply back from Doc.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Using QuickOnes tranny cooler as a guide I here is mine. I mounted my cooler and pump a little different. I am also using Earls line instead of Aeroquips. All the brackets/mounts turned out grreat. Today I got the cooler mounted and pump mounted. Tomorrow wire it up/install a switch in the car and plumb all the lines and done. I will update pics once it is complete.

The Car.

Pic of the front before anything was touched.

First things first. In order to get the Fluidyne cooler to fit properly a section of the original mounting tab had to be cut and new holes re drilled.

Next was to create a bracket for the cooler to rest on. Opted to make this piece out of mild steel. Once the piece was fitted it was marked and drilled.

Since the lower bracket is mounted into a boxed part of the Evo's body (can't access to put a nut on or thread it) I used self expanding rubber pieces that are threaded on the inside.

What the bracket looks like installed.

Pic of the upper mount on the cooler

Next we fabbed up the mount for the oil pump.

This is a pic before the bracket was made. We used 3 existing mounting point to build upon. Used mild steel strap to create the bracket.

The oil pump

The upper strap.

Upper strap test fitted

Pic of the upper/lower strap after it was welded together.

Test fitted

Next a bracket had to created so that the pump had a mounting surface (This was plug welded.)

Fast forward. Bracket painted and pump mounted. Looks factory.

Old Dec 18, 2007, 05:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Nice!
Old Dec 18, 2007, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

timiii... I have not forgotten you, will have it in the AM... I have been slammed the last couple weeks...

ATLVALET.... MOPAR gear lube is not a very good lube... If you are happy with it, you should be ecstatic with AMSOIL....

Doc
Old Dec 18, 2007, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

No problem Doc!
Old Dec 18, 2007, 07:31 PM
Former Sponsor

ATLVALET.... MOPAR gear lube is not a very good lube... If you are happy with it, you should be ecstatic with AMSOIL....
So you're saying the OEM Viper tranny fluid (repackaged Castrol SynTorq) is mediocre?
Old Dec 21, 2007, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Update: Finished

Ran into a slight problem with the original mounting bracket. I had some clearance issues with the bumper therefore I had to drop the cooler down a 1 1/2".

Therefore lowering the bracket

Thanks to SW20-AE86 for making the lines for me

The wiring for the switch.

The switch

AND DONE!!!
Old Dec 21, 2007, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by atlvalet
So you're saying the OEM Viper tranny fluid (repackaged Castrol SynTorq) is mediocre?
We just went from Gear Lube to ATF ?? ... The SynTorq, if I remember right, is ATF and is not a bad fluid as is PAO Based and also used in Allison automatic bus and truck trannies for the Extended Warranties.... AMSOIL has a similar fluid, also PAO Based, and less expensive.

Doc
Old Dec 21, 2007, 10:26 AM
Former Sponsor

We just went from Gear Lube to ATF ?? ... The SynTorq, if I remember right, is ATF and is not a bad fluid as is PAO Based and also used in Allison automatic bus and truck trannies for the Extended Warranties.... AMSOIL has a similar fluid, also PAO Based, and less expensive.

Doc
I've been talking about tranny fluid the whole time, as this thread was originally regarding blow'd up 6 speeds
Old Dec 21, 2007, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

timiii... I have not forgotten you, will have it in the AM... I have been slammed the last couple weeks...

Doc

Sorry but I never take advice from someone that only pushes their product post after post. Your here to sell, and you have nothing to back up your claims. Im not saying amsoil is crap by any means. All Im saying is we have severe problems with the 6 speed transmission shearing 4th gear, and I highly doubt your tranny fluid will change that. Especially considering its the wrong weight right off the bat.

Secondly, Ive allready heard of people haveing problems with synchros grinding with your oil. Not only that, but lets talk about how many tcases have started the death whine from not using stock fluid? Sorry bud, but Im not buying it. Engine oil is one thing, but you need to stop pushing in this thread until you can come up with some PROOF of ANYTHING that you claim in regards to the 6 speed. Not some generic "check out our motor oil compared to a bunch of other companies" test. We have the same problem with them too, so what makes yours different?
Old Dec 21, 2007, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry, The AMSOIL MTG is the proper gear oil and the proper weight oil.

So fill us all in.. Who makes Mits Fluids.... this year...

I have seen people with problems using the Stock Mits fluids, I suppose that is OK though ... I also see no proof offered from you that the AMSOIL fluid was at fault which is actually quite simple to prove...

I don't suppose it could have anything to do with Racing the car, missed shifts or the fact that the 6 speed has problems to start with other than just 4th gear. A missed shift alone can cause problems such as a cracked Synchro.

I sell AMSOIL and have Since 1984 because I can say the things I do. I don't say them to sell it.

I have also seen people running the wrong fluids. so regardless of Manufacturer, there is a potential problem.

Just like people running "Cocktails" of fluids....

Doc

Quick Reply: Track whores with MRs?