Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Photo shoot of the GSC Time Attack EVO

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2006, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ Leh Keen, he races GT3's.

Scorke
Old Jul 12, 2006, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

Car looks even better in person!
Old Jul 12, 2006, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by scorke
^ Leh Keen, he races GT3's.

Scorke
He co-drives with David Murray in the Grand am Rolex Series. He's lucky & good enough to be bumping his sh*t against the likes of Scott Pruett, Wolf Henzler, Bill Auberlen, Max Angelli, Ian James, Andy Wallace - the list goes on
Old Jul 12, 2006, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

Yup, he is, *sorry Jon, Paul, Robi, the best driver in one of our cars as of right now IMHO. Give GSC time to sort out there car and he WILL be the fastest guy out there.

Scorke
Old Jul 12, 2006, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hot ride, love those wheels.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 01:51 PM
Evolving Member

Yup, he is, *sorry Jon, Paul, Robi, the best driver in one of our cars as of right now IMHO. Give GSC time to sort out there car and he WILL be the fastest guy out there.

Scorke
With all due respect to Leh, that is why we all show up to race, and remains to be determined.

Mark
Old Jul 12, 2006, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

How many laps did he get in his car? How close was he to AMS's time?

(With all due respect to the entire AMS crew)

Yes, winning is winning......... lets just watch. None of the other drivers have the experience/skills that Leh does, if they did their day job would be racing cars too....

Scorke

p.s. Sorry for leaving your name out of the mix, it seem's you aren't lost without cones
Old Jul 12, 2006, 02:21 PM
Evolving Member

How many laps did he get in his car? How close was he to AMS's time?

(With all due respect to the entire AMS crew)

Yes, winning is winning......... lets just watch. None of the other drivers have the experience/skills that Leh does, if they did their day job would be racing cars too....

Scorke

p.s. Sorry for leaving your name out of the mix, it seem's you aren't lost without cones
As far as number of laps, I am not sure. He did get a few in, but not many. As far as
how close he was to ams's time, I believe the best he turned was a 1:45.6, which is pretty darn good in a car that was making its first trip to the track. Leh, however, knows the track well. The ams time attack car ran a 1:44.3, and the ams street class car ran a best of 1:45.5.

As far as the day job being racing cars, driver skill alone is not the determining factor in getting a grand am cup ride. I know it, Leh knows it, and you should know it too. Granted some of us may not have the experience of pro racing, but that alone is not a measure of driver skill. That being said, I saw enough of Leh's driving to know that he is most certainly a gifted driver, however, I would not put him in a league of his own here.

p.s. No offense taken. I can understand that I don't have the roadrace history of some others, and would not expect to be given that respect until I earn it.

p.s.s. You forgot Cory, he seems to be quite capable behind the wheel himself.

Mark
Old Jul 12, 2006, 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

Whoops, it seems I am leaving out a lot of people haha.

Sorry about the day job being racing car's. I like all of the people you mentioned know that there is one lil nagging thing that you need to race, that is many, preferably high numbered dollar bills. I also know that GSC/Leh have plenty to throw around while some do not, which makes the results for those privateers all the more impressive. However, even with the best car, if it is not driven to its limits you know it will not be fast, I guess I was just very impressed with Leh's speed considering the amount of seat time he had in it.

Mark in time there is no doubt that you will get the all the respect you deserve for your grass lined events, your autox experience/results/history speak for itself and you deserve every ounce of respect you get!

Scorke
Old Jul 12, 2006, 06:48 PM

damn thats sick! hahaha I LOVE the trunk hahahahaha
Old Jul 12, 2006, 08:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by markdaddio
As far as number of laps, I am not sure. He did get a few in, but not many. As far as
how close he was to ams's time, I believe the best he turned was a 1:45.6, which is pretty darn good in a car that was making its first trip to the track. Leh, however, knows the track well. The ams time attack car ran a 1:44.3, and the ams street class car ran a best of 1:45.5.

As far as the day job being racing cars, driver skill alone is not the determining factor in getting a grand am cup ride. I know it, Leh knows it, and you should know it too. Granted some of us may not have the experience of pro racing, but that alone is not a measure of driver skill. That being said, I saw enough of Leh's driving to know that he is most certainly a gifted driver, however, I would not put him in a league of his own here.

p.s. No offense taken. I can understand that I don't have the roadrace history of some others, and would not expect to be given that respect until I earn it.

p.s.s. You forgot Cory, he seems to be quite capable behind the wheel himself.

Mark

you cant compair sat afternoon track condidtions to sunday mornings.... u should know that.....

my lap... was the only lap i turned.... the entire weekend... also, of corse, the first lap the car has ever done... i have ever done in the car... i have ever done in 2 years at that track... the first lap the car and i have ever done together... and i was 2 tenths off of Jon in the AMS car....

the lap was far from good... what was your first lap when you guys tested 2 weeks ago....

also.. please... its insulting for u to compair ur time to mine..... even tho your car was more powerfull then mine... there isnt a comparison.... like i said... track conditions....

your car was more powerfull then most out there... u had 100 more AWHP then COry.. and he was within a second... and another guy was within 2 tenths who was undepowerd by u... so dont get all high and mighty... u won because u out powerd everyone.... AMS won for you......... ur shift points were almost identicale to our unlimited cars shift points... and u were 400 pounds heavier....

...... well i guess i went into a rant.....

Mark.. i dont know why you come into our thread and start this..... i think u shoulda just been quiet.... and "earned" you respect like u say
Old Jul 12, 2006, 10:59 PM
Evolved Member

What about Kent Jordan? 18 wins in a row in the NorCal SCCA region in his Muellerized EVO.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 03:59 AM
Evolved Member

^ bah that guy is a joke. He raced it in ITE which is a class where you can build anything and if its fast enough you win. He is an old man. There I said it.

Scorke
Old Jul 13, 2006, 04:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kingleh@GSC
you cant compair sat afternoon track condidtions to sunday mornings.... u should know that.....

my lap... was the only lap i turned.... the entire weekend... also, of corse, the first lap the car has ever done... i have ever done in the car... i have ever done in 2 years at that track... the first lap the car and i have ever done together... and i was 2 tenths off of Jon in the AMS car....

the lap was far from good... what was your first lap when you guys tested 2 weeks ago....

also.. please... its insulting for u to compair ur time to mine..... even tho your car was more powerfull then mine... there isnt a comparison.... like i said... track conditions....

your car was more powerfull then most out there... u had 100 more AWHP then COry.. and he was within a second... and another guy was within 2 tenths who was undepowerd by u... so dont get all high and mighty... u won because u out powerd everyone.... AMS won for you......... ur shift points were almost identicale to our unlimited cars shift points... and u were 400 pounds heavier....

...... well i guess i went into a rant.....

Mark.. i dont know why you come into our thread and start this..... i think u shoulda just been quiet.... and "earned" you respect like u say
Leh,

First off, I didn't mean to offend you, and thought I made it quite clear that from the limited driving I saw, you were quite capable behind the wheel.

Second, 100 whp more than Cory and more than your car is a bit of an exageration, since we know all the numbers that the cars layed down.

Yours made 404 on a mustang Dyno
Cory's was 286 on a mustang Dyno (corrected, thanks Cory)
The AMS white car made 390 on a Dynojet dyno
The Pure-tuning guys were making 400+ on a mustang dyno spiking 28-29 psi of boost falling to 24. (They told me this directly after we were done running)

Third, regarding shift points, I was shifting pretty consistantly at 7300 rpm. Martin tuned the car to make torque, not top end horsepower. This is where you are right that the AMS guys gave me a great car to drive that really pulled well off the turns. But certainly not one that was making 100 more than Cory, or one that was making more than 400 at the wheels. In saying all that, you are certainly entitled to your opinion that it was all car and horsepower.

Lastly, I find the high and mighty comment pretty damn funny considering your screenname. If you wish that I don't make any comments in any of your threads, I am cool with that. It was not intended to offend.

Mark

Last edited by markdaddio; Jul 13, 2006 at 05:16 AM.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 05:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by markdaddio
Second, 100 whp more than Cory and more than your car is a bit of an exageration, since we know all the numbers that the cars layed down.

Yours made 404 on a mustang Dyno
Cory's was 320 on a mustang Dyno (I am pretty sure of that, but correct me if I am wrong.)
The AMS white car made 390 on a Dynojet dyno
The Pure-tuning guys were making 400+ on a mustang dyno spiking 28-29 psi of boost falling to 24. (They told me this directly after we were done running)
My car made one run at 286whp on a mustang on the wednesday before the event. All the other runs where in the high 27x range.

Wow! I thought that pure tuning's car was making some power but when I talked to them they said 370 on a mustang so 400 is crazy I think the power order for street was Pure, AMS, then me. I dont really know what the other guys were running so maybe some of the slower guys might have been making decent power.

Bottom line as I see it is that no matter what power any of the street cars made, it takes a great driver and a well set up chassis to run lower than a 47 at CMP in July. Mark and Clifton both were driving the wheels of their cars! It was allot of fun to watch and to try and run with. We will be more prepared next time with my car and try to run a little closer.

Also, I drove the GSC unlimited car for a shakedown run before Leh made it to the track Sunday morning and that car is going to be FAST! It was handling very well and did not feel like any evo I have ever driven

Quick Reply: Photo shoot of the GSC Time Attack EVO