Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Thunderhill HOD pics

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2006, 07:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thunderhill HOD pics

Here's a few shots from Hooked on Driving 7/27/06 at Thunderhill, nothin special.

Everybody:
http://gotbluemilk.com/web060727/

Me in my RA:
http://gotbluemilk.com/web060727/17/index.html

My friend in his e36 M3:
http://gotbluemilk.com/web060727/16/index.html

My instructor's '03 evo:
http://gotbluemilk.com/web060727/sm/index.html

Black evo... not sure if he's on the boards (wasn't very friendly):
http://gotbluemilk.com/web060727/12/index.html

My instructor scaring the crap outa me (he runs 4xx HP, 20+ lbs of boost and I thought it was stock until we got out there)
http://gotbluemilk.com/web060727/sm/...s/image16.html

By the end of the end, David Ray (the main man) says "All day I've been hearing people talking about the black Evo in Group A and nobody seems to know that's not what it is!" (The real black evo was in group B)

I had somebody say "Well, you should be pretty fast with AWD and a turbo."

But hey what the hell, I'm out there trying to show them that the RalliArt is more than a grocery-getter. Was a great day of driving and we all learned tons. If you guys can catch an HOD event, I would really recommend them. Great organization, plenty of track time, really good coaches, overall solid program. Was able to improve my driving greatly in a pretty comfortable environment. Great track for beginners, too.

Hope you like!
Old Jul 28, 2006, 08:45 PM
Former Sponsor

DANG!!! there is a VW Toureg out there... thats my daily driver......

haha thats pretty funny...

ive been wanting to put mine on track.....
Old Jul 28, 2006, 09:40 PM
Evolving Member

Holy crap it's Leh! Where the hell have you been, man? It's Andy (imp0rkncheese on AIM). Haven't talked to you in forever. How's the season going?

The guy in the Toureg was in my run group... he also drove a Porsche I believe, he just wanted to see what the thing could do I guess. I heard him laughing about something related to the Toureg.

Did you see the yellow Ferrari spinning out? The driver's dad had purchased that car the morning before the event.

Leh, aren't you in Alabama at Barber Motorsports Park? If so, how did practice go today? Did the R34 ship yet?
Old Jul 29, 2006, 02:15 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Nice photos. What was your instructors name?
Old Jul 29, 2006, 08:26 PM
Former Sponsor

yooo man.....

i got 22s on my Treg... so its got ALOTTA tire under it.... i wouldnt be scared to take it to a DE and smoke some nukku's in boxters or sumtin....

yuh the r34 is here... IM me.... i send u pics

and im in ala-BAMA.. rite now.... we are qualified 4th.. so sitting pretty for the race.... its gona be hot tho....
Old Jul 29, 2006, 08:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by razorlab
Nice photos. What was your instructors name?

I've met him before when I ran with the audi club. His name is Dan. I got to ride on his evo and his S4. Fantastic Driver. He's new 6pot brake system from WORKS is freakin awsome.

His evo is deck-out as well with all the works upgrade, sounds like a V8

Last edited by evo637; Jul 29, 2006 at 08:52 PM.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 01:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kingleh@GSC
yooo man.....

i got 22s on my Treg... so its got ALOTTA tire under it.... i wouldnt be scared to take it to a DE and smoke some nukku's in boxters or sumtin....

and im in ala-BAMA.. rite now.... we are qualified 4th.. so sitting pretty for the race.... its gona be hot tho....
Care to post pic of R34??Any plan on it??
Old Jul 30, 2006, 11:34 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah, his name's Dan (I think Dan Sullivan or something, I'll have to find my logbook). He kept talkin about the audi club and his boosted S4. Didn't see that, but his evo was nuts. He really is a great driver... he got me very confident in his abilities once I rode in the evo and I was able to trust his advice even moreso than before.

A 6-pot system. No freakin WONDER! That's why he was able to scrub off crazy amounts of speed in no time at all. Man, the first corner we dove into at speed I thought he screwed up and forgot to brake in time, but then I realized he was just able to brake amazingly late and firmly. He kept talkin about WORKS products, like his short-throw, but I never got around to asking everything he'd done to it - I was too busy digging my right foot into the firewall hoping we would make the next corner. Yeah you're right, the sound is pretty freakin awesome. He said he's running boost in the 20's but he hasn't dynoed it yet.

Dan + his evo = scary fast.

Originally Posted by kingleh@GSC
yooo man.....

If you smoke some boxters in your Treg, make sure to get it on film haha. I would IM you, but you're never online. I'll try to hit you up for pics sometime after this weekend.

I missed the very beginning of BAMA today but whatever happend sucked real bad. Was David in the car the whole time? That's alright it just wasn't your weekend. Good luck at Watkins - I won't be able to watch (I'll be in Mexico).
Old Jul 30, 2006, 11:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yowza, 400+ whp with only 20psi. Must have a monster turbo on that sucker!
Old Jul 31, 2006, 02:47 PM
Former Sponsor

i got in car about half way in.......

the exhaust broke and melted the wireing harness and the stooopid thing kep shutting off