Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

WAI - In car Video

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2006, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WAI - In car Video

Here are a few videos from this past weekends event. The first one I was riding with an instructor and got the car sideways in third gear The other two are a couple of my better runs. One from Saturday and then the course in reverse on Sunday. I was running on Toyo RA-1 255/40-17 tires. Sorry for the wind noise. I need to find a mic shield for my camera. Right clicking and doing a "save as" will prevent any buffering problems with media player.

http://www.dragnracing.com/video/WAI...06instruct.wmv

http://www.dragnracing.com/video/WAI/wai8-26-06tj.wmv

http://www.dragnracing.com/video/WAI/wai-8-27-06tj.wmv

The car held up to all the abuse I could dish out thanks to Buschur Racing and Exedy.
Old Aug 31, 2006, 08:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yo from wat i can see thats pretty awesome handling real nice driving man i wish i could drive like that later on...lol major props on those vids...lol that was pretty sick though i had to say it again...lol
Old Aug 31, 2006, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks! I wasn't driving my best this past weekend and there are a few things I could have definitely improved upon. I can't wait to get more rubber under the car and then the videos should really get sick Whenever I would hit the gas the torque was ripping the tires loose. Half the time I felt like I was trying out for a dift competition

Last edited by DragNRacing; Aug 31, 2006 at 09:08 PM.
Old Aug 31, 2006, 10:07 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for posting the videos....they're awesome!
Old Aug 31, 2006, 10:23 PM
Evolved Member

is that the sound of the wastegate or the BOV?
Old Aug 31, 2006, 11:52 PM
Evolving Member

Damn, awesome lot and layout! Youre car looks damn fast.

But um, why steering with 1 hand.....
Old Sep 1, 2006, 05:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bmguser
is that the sound of the wastegate or the BOV?
It's the BOV.
Old Sep 1, 2006, 05:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AndrewSS
Damn, awesome lot and layout! Youre car looks damn fast.

But um, why steering with 1 hand.....
Um...cuz I'm a drag racer turned Solo nut I'm working on two hand driving because it is the proper way to drive and with my bad left shoulder it should help me even more than most. I have a hard time driving for 60 seconds right now let alone going out on a road course for 30 - 45 minutes which is what I really would like to do at some point but the pain will be worth it! This course had numerous shift points in it so I could take my right hand off the wheel and be doing the right thing once in awhile

PS. I checked out a picture of your Subi and with your mod list how is it that you are in AS?
Old Sep 1, 2006, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Nice driving!!
Old Sep 2, 2006, 06:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DragNRacing
Um...cuz I'm a drag racer turned Solo nut I'm working on two hand driving because it is the proper way to drive and with my bad left shoulder it should help me even more than most. I have a hard time driving for 60 seconds right now let alone going out on a road course for 30 - 45 minutes which is what I really would like to do at some point but the pain will be worth it! This course had numerous shift points in it so I could take my right hand off the wheel and be doing the right thing once in awhile

PS. I checked out a picture of your Subi and with your mod list how is it that you are in AS?
Ok, I gotcha, well I hope you can manage to get used to 2 hand driving with that bad shoulder, thats gotta suck. But anyway, keeping my hands 9 and 3 really helped me reduce sawing at the wheel, and etc.

But anyway, I love that course design and whatnot. Oh and my car isnt AStock anymore, its STU - and my silly mod list isnt quite right anymore, I am too lazy to change it, heh.

Anyway, its great to see incar, its a great resource
Old Sep 2, 2006, 10:27 PM
Evolved Member

Not bad for starter. You will be suprised how much faster you can go with a little more patient. Don't let the boost get over your head, it's very easier to overdrive a high hp car. Patient, patient, patient . Nice video and thanks for sharing.
Old Sep 2, 2006, 10:57 PM
Evolving Member

Modlist please?
Old Sep 3, 2006, 12:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AndrewSS
Ok, I gotcha, well I hope you can manage to get used to 2 hand driving with that bad shoulder, thats gotta suck. But anyway, keeping my hands 9 and 3 really helped me reduce sawing at the wheel, and etc.

But anyway, I love that course design and whatnot. Oh and my car isnt AStock anymore, its STU - and my silly mod list isnt quite right anymore, I am too lazy to change it, heh.

Anyway, its great to see incar, its a great resource
Yeah the shoulder does really suck. I am hoping that eventually it will get better but the doctors are saying no so road racing may never be an option I do have a tendency to jerk the wheel with one hand so driving with two should really help with that. I appreciate the input. The course was blast.
Old Sep 3, 2006, 12:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kevo
Not bad for starter. You will be suprised how much faster you can go with a little more patient. Don't let the boost get over your head, it's very easier to overdrive a high hp car. Patient, patient, patient . Nice video and thanks for sharing.
I appreciate the feedback. Including the last couple of events I think that is the 15th Solo event I have been at in the last two years. I have learned so much and have made alot of friends. It is great! I have been driving in a 01 four door Focus for most of the events as it has been much easier to learn in an HS car. It is hard to not drive the EVO though as it is so much fun!!
Old Sep 3, 2006, 12:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by vanisher
Modlist please?
I have the Buschur stage 4 with a race FMIC, BR20G9-5, Revolver 264 cams, Exedy clutch, AEM EMS, Apexi N1 coilovers, BR strut bar, BR rear sway bar, Gram Light 57F 17x8.5, and Toyo RA-1 255/40-17's.

Quick Reply: WAI - In car Video