Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

SCCA Touring racing results nationwide

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2006, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SCCA Touring racing results nationwide

http://gmperformancedivision.com/rac...SCCA_Club.aspx

Pretty cool site esp if you were wondering what the SCCA Touring class guys run at the tracks you visit. Cars have ECU tuning, cat -back exh, a drop in filter and struts but have stock springs and ride height, oh and use R compounds and upgraded brake pads and fluid. For those of you that dont know, the EVO is in T2.
Marty
Old Sep 28, 2006, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Galant VR-4 #34
http://gmperformancedivision.com/rac...SCCA_Club.aspx

Pretty cool site esp if you were wondering what the SCCA Touring class guys run at the tracks you visit. Cars have ECU tuning, cat -back exh, a drop in filter and struts but have stock springs and ride height, oh and use R compounds and upgraded brake pads and fluid. For those of you that dont know, the EVO is in T2.
Marty
yeah, not too bad.

02:29:177 *
David Rosenblum
Subaru WRX

For sebring. Hrm. Granted, i guess with cams and mbc, i'm running a little more power, but thats a great number for me to shoot for, very handy link.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 06:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks!

I have been looking for a bit of perspective at my local tracks (Gingerman and Grattan). Those SCCA track records put me better than T2 at Gingerman and I'll attempt to better the Grattan record Saturday as well (if it doesn't rain).
I am cheating though (cams and coilovers ).
Now those T1 times
Something to work toward
Old Sep 29, 2006, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by johannes
Thanks!

I have been looking for a bit of perspective at my local tracks (Gingerman and Grattan). Those SCCA track records put me better than T2 at Gingerman and I'll attempt to better the Grattan record Saturday as well (if it doesn't rain).
I am cheating though (cams and coilovers ).
Now those T1 times
Something to work toward
Yea coilovers and more power are pretty big as you can imagine. What was your time at BeaveRun? It was my first time there, I was doing fine till I blew my IC hose off atleast it happened after I was over half way so the race counted.
Marty
Old Sep 29, 2006, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

My evo at VIR

You can see just how bad a bone stock evo leans compared to a 350Z with a custom set of struts. Ill have new Ohlins struts in time for the runoffs.

Marty
Attached Images  
Old Sep 29, 2006, 09:01 AM
Evolving Member

I had never been to Beaverun before. It was actually only the third different track I have ever been on. I had to work on Saturday so no practice. I had just thrown on coilovers and they were not properly setup. And I was on street tires. Enough excuses yet?
My best lap that counted was a 1:06.689. I was very dissappointed in my car and performance, but my kids love that trophy!
If I went back now, I'd be looking for 1-2 seconds faster on street tires, and 3 seconds on R-compounds.
Gotta go-I'm out the door to head over to Grattan right now
Old Sep 29, 2006, 09:57 AM
Account Disabled

I saw a 1:00.821 at Lime Rock (STI) in June 06... thats flying with stock springs!

Also... what layout did you guys run at pocono? I did a 1:44 on the SCCA long track, hope its the same layout.

-Kyle
Old Sep 29, 2006, 10:15 AM
Evolving Member

You can see just how bad a bone stock evo leans compared to a 350Z with a custom set of struts. Ill have new Ohlins struts in time for the runoffs.

Marty
Struts don't affect amount of roll, just how fast you get there. Most likely they are just running a ton of rebound, which you may have been implying with the roll statement anyway.

May I ask what you are doing for your Ohlins? I had horrible customer service when trying to contact them directly and Works (ie. they never responded), when I was inquiring about a custom valved set with stock perches. Eventually I had TrueChoice build me a set of custom valved 8611 DA Konis using the stock front housings and modified OTS Koni 8611 Camaro rear housings since they fit all the same.

Devin
Old Sep 29, 2006, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Solo Evo
Struts don't affect amount of roll, just how fast you get there. Most likely they are just running a ton of rebound, which you may have been implying with the roll statement anyway.

May I ask what you are doing for your Ohlins? I had horrible customer service when trying to contact them directly and Works (ie. they never responded), when I was inquiring about a custom valved set with stock perches. Eventually I had TrueChoice build me a set of custom valved 8611 DA Konis using the stock front housings and modified OTS Koni 8611 Camaro rear housings since they fit all the same.

Devin
Yes, I realize that but didnt want to get too detailed In a corner like the one I was in (turn 4 at VIR) rebound very much affects roll as it is a quick corner, long corners like they have at Roebling it would eventually end up in the same place the stockers do.

AMSPerformance is now the Midwest distro for Ohlins USA. I had Ohlins USA build me a custom set utilizing my stock perches/ springs and ride height as per scca rules. They used the 3k set AMS sells as the starting point. They were also careful enough to have the head scca suspension tech involved in the specs to insure they would meet the scca rules. Should be a nice difference. Oh as for times, keep in mind that these are very accurate times, not your passengers best guess
Marty

Last edited by Galant VR-4 #34; Sep 29, 2006 at 03:23 PM.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, I realize that but didnt want to get too detailed In a corner like the one I was in (turn 4 at VIR) rebound very much affects roll as it is a quick corner, long corners like they have at Roebling it would eventually end up in the same place the stockers do.

AMSPerformance is now the Midwest distro for Ohlins USA. I had Ohlins USA build me a custom set utilizing my stock perches/ springs and ride height as per scca rules. They used the 3k set AMS sells as the starting point. They were also careful enough to have the head scca suspension tech involved in the specs to insure they would meet the scca rules. Should be a nice difference. Oh as for times, keep in mind that these are very accurate times, not your passengers best guess
Marty
yeah, thats why i like my traqmate, it's not perfect, but it's accurate to .025 sec. or 1/40 of a second.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kingkyle
I saw a 1:00.821 at Lime Rock (STI) in June 06... thats flying with stock springs!

Also... what layout did you guys run at pocono? I did a 1:44 on the SCCA long track, hope its the same layout.

-Kyle
Yea we ran the long track.
Marty
Old Sep 29, 2006, 04:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WarmPepsi
yeah, thats why i like my traqmate, it's not perfect, but it's accurate to .025 sec. or 1/40 of a second.
I like the traqmate as well, very good to help you improve your line as well.
Marty
Old Sep 29, 2006, 07:02 PM
Evolving Member

Marty
It looks like the 350Z hasn't turned in yet.