Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

SCCA Autocross Pictures: Hershey, PA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2006, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That chop-top Vette looks pretty hilarious.
Old Nov 14, 2006, 06:58 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by eve-slow
That chop-top Vette looks pretty hilarious.

the car looks beautiful in person, its a very limited edition car apparently, derek would know the details.

ok... im going to have to do some autocross in the spring....anyone care to laugh at my transition from roadcourse to autox?

lol

(derek is raising his hand i know it!)

cb
Old Nov 14, 2006, 07:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skunk works vette FTW. I was behind Don in that vette and it sounded M-E-A-N. I've never seen so much carbon fiber under a hood before.

cb-

I can hear Derek smack talking you already.

Dave Mac
Old Nov 14, 2006, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by CBRD
the car looks beautiful in person, its a very limited edition car apparently, derek would know the details.

ok... im going to have to do some autocross in the spring....anyone care to laugh at my transition from roadcourse to autox?

lol

(derek is raising his hand i know it!)

cb
sweet, what car will you be driving?
Old Nov 15, 2006, 05:44 AM
Evolving Member

Hey Chad, I think you will find the transition not as bad as you think. My dad did it, and went from rear wheel drive 911 to AWD Evo and got used to it in one or two events.

I know we have a pretty full season planned for next year and Dave is going all out and doing a ton!! It is fun to drive the cars and fun to go out with the guys and share in the Evo fun!

Thai you are running next year right?

Me and the family met Dave, Peter, and Thai this year all through the events.

-Derek

Last edited by dmeluzio22; Nov 15, 2006 at 05:49 AM.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 05:48 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
yeah i am anxious to get more involved...

we are trying to get a new set of scales before the spring to flatpad the cars also...

if i cant beat derek with the evo, ill just have to bring out the shifter kart hee he--- hey, its stock- i didnt change anything since i bought it lol

cb
Old Nov 15, 2006, 08:04 AM
Evolving Member

Guess you can't make all of the people happy all of the time, and to each his own. I will say I like it better with the top down. Its funny. An Evo guy doesn't like it but the Vette guys treated like the Holy Grail. If you saw under the hood I think you would feel differently. Or if you drove it at a track day or at the drags. Guess thats why they have different flavors of ice cream. Not everybody likes the same thing.

That being said...........

Designed and Built by John Cafaro and Henry Iovino (Chief design team for GM and the men behind the C5 Corvette)

Commissioned by GM to build this one off factory supported prototype (1 of 1)

Custom interior by Caravaggio

Featured on the cover of AUTOWEEK magazine with a 4 page article.

Feature car in the Skunk Werkes display at the SEMA Show in Las Vegas. BTW, winning the "America Muscle" Design of the Show

Nearly twice as much horsepower as a stock Evo.

Source - Skunk Werkes Press Release:

This unique Skunk Werkes 'Speedster' is considered the 4th model in the Corvette line up. Truly a work of art, with it's 10' shorter than stock chopped windshield and a new convertible top allowing the open air driving enthusiasts an opportunity to really open it up. This Corvette is a high tech version of the speedsters reminiscent of yesteryear.

When the C5 Design Chief John Cafaro, along with former platform engineer Henry Iovino created the 'Speedster' they created the Skunk Werkes body kit to work in perfect design harmony with the already beautiful C5. The Skunk Werkes Body Kit consists of: a rear spoiler, front canards, body side strakes, and a custom high rise hood.

More exterior elements include lowered suspension, custom Skunk Werkes exhaust built by Corsa. Wheels are beautiful HRE 547 split spoke; 19 X 9.5 front, 20 X 10.5 rear, with Dunlop tires; 275/30/19 front, 285/30/20 rear.

Interior includes Simpson race belts, leather wrapped cosmetic bars, suede and leather steering wheel, shifter boot, park brake, door pulls, short throw shifter, and metalized trim.

From the crowd's reaction at the SEMA show two years ago, this was one very hot number ... drawing a lot of attention. It was also a big hit at last year's SEMA show held in Las Vegas 11/4/03-11/7/03.

Last edited by dmeluzio22; Nov 15, 2006 at 08:20 AM.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dmeluzio22

Thai you are running next year right?

-Derek
i'm definitely going to run next year.
Old Nov 27, 2006, 01:10 PM
Evolving Member

Videos

God bless youtube.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebzJrbC2OPY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI_gOKuTv54

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pArzjNNdtxE

Last edited by dmeluzio22; Nov 27, 2006 at 01:24 PM.
Old Nov 27, 2006, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

hey derek, are you going to the season awards banquet. i think your dad is in second place in STU
Old Nov 27, 2006, 04:05 PM
Evolving Member

I wanted to go but I have a company event that night that I can not skip. I am bummed I have to miss it. Adam, my brother in law won STU and he can't go either!

I would like to go to get to know more people, especially cause my work is helping sponsor the series next year.

I assume you are going right?

Dave Mac, you going?????

-Derek
Old Nov 29, 2006, 09:52 PM
Evolving Member

I don't think Ill be going Derek. We can just take Adam out and get him drunk some time. LOL

Dave Mac
Old Dec 3, 2006, 07:00 AM

Dave,

I usually make the faces with the helmet on, that way the camera doesn't catch them, or when you are out on course. I will never grow up!

AC
Old Dec 3, 2006, 07:08 AM

Dave - I'm up for the going out offer!

Derek - good info on the speedster, pics of the car do not do it justice. Driving the car (top up is how I prefer because of the looks you get when you pull up beside some one) is a treat, I took it to Wendy's after my runs at Hershey and had to get out so the drive through girl could hand me my grub

AC

Last edited by NotMyEVO; Dec 3, 2006 at 07:13 AM.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 09:29 AM
Evolving Member

Adam-

When are you getting your Evo? You gotta work on your wife some more. We've got 2 car seats in the back of mine, it's a great family car.

I'll be in touch this week some time, we need to get the families together before x-mas.

DM

Quick Reply: SCCA Autocross Pictures: Hershey, PA