Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

superstreet TA results

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2006, 12:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting. The first evo on the list is from a shop I've never heard of. Its also 2 seconds faster than any evo on the list.

The works limited class evo seemed as fast as most of the other unlimited evos and an 11 year old integra was as fast as most of the evos in the field.

I also don't see some of our fellow big names out there. I wonder how they figured the invite list if there was such a thing.

makes you go hmmm....
Old Nov 29, 2006, 12:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
vesko runs a buschur parts car.

limited is merely tire choice. that of course has nothing to do with the gt35r turbo they run.

and racing is all about development some of the competitors are not local.
Old Nov 29, 2006, 08:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by trinydex
limited is merely tire choice. that of course has nothing to do with the gt35r turbo they run.
Having run a Time Attack (in fact, the very first one) in my MR2, I can tell you that limited is about a lot more than tire choice. The car has to have full glass and be street registered - back in the day they even made us drive the Limited Class cars from the Motel 6 to the track in a caravan to prove they were street worthy.

As far as tires go, this is actually a big variable and racing slicks can make a 2 second per lap difference at a track like Buttonwillow.

-- DavidV
Old Nov 29, 2006, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
so how many evos were running plexiglass?
Old Nov 29, 2006, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

AMS Evo has no glass at all in the front doors, but the rest is OEM.
Old Nov 29, 2006, 09:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by trinydex
Who is they? Vesko? WORKS was not running a GT35R.

-- DavidV

Last edited by DavidV; Nov 29, 2006 at 02:05 PM.
Old Nov 29, 2006, 09:59 AM

Im not sure if you can make this comparison. but how does this vesko cat stack up against tarzan and sofronas. Is it not that big of a difference that the evo wouldn't have jumped up a spot or two? or are these cars all just so impressive that its all driver?
Old Nov 29, 2006, 10:20 AM
Evolving Member

In my opinion there were definitely cars in the limited class that are basically "unlimited" cars. If the Works Evo was running NASA TT it would be a TTU, if not TTR car. I'm not bashing them, or any of the other competitors, Superstreet decided to configure the categories in this manner. Tire choice is important, but so is power and suspension, and weight, not to mention the most important variable at this level, the driver. But these Time Attacks are a show, and a fun one to boot. IF a good driver shows up in a 300 WHP Evo weighing 3000 pounds, I don't care who is driving the car though, you are NOT winning in "limited" or "unlimited". they needto be a little more discerning with the qualifying characteristics of the cars.
Old Nov 29, 2006, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by yooyooyoo
Interesting. The first evo on the list is from a shop I've never heard of. Its also 2 seconds faster than any evo on the list.

Vesko been around for a while & he is fast.....

n
Old Nov 29, 2006, 11:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nils
Vesko been around for a while & he is fast.....

n
Hey nils,

Yeah Vesko has been racing Evos for a while, I ran against him a few years back at a Prosolo. I believe he did pretty well in the Open Track Challenge also.

Rick
Old Dec 7, 2006, 08:23 PM
Evolving Member

Vesko is my business partner and yes he is a good driver. Our shop, Competition Associates is in SLC and I guess at this point you could call our home track Miller. Our core business is fabricating race cars for a handful of very good customers. We purposely keep a low profile. You won't see us on the forums too often. Over the last few years, we've built Evos, BMWs and Minis for club, Grand Am, and World Challenge. More recently we've been focused on the Evo platform. We actually have 4 or 5 of them in the shop right now. We did run an Evo at OTC a few years back, but it was basically a street car (stock motor, full weight, no cage). If I remember right we took 2nd or 3rd. We took 2nd overall in the time attack last year, but this year we had mechanical problems which is why we were slower this year than last year. Last year we ran 1:52 and barely lost to Henricy and the car is quite a bit faster now. We also built and supported the TORQ Evos that ran at the Thunderhill 25 hour last week as well. If you're ever at Miller and you need Evo support, just give us a call. We have a shop downtown and at the track.

Originally Posted by SS RX7 r2
Hey nils,

Yeah Vesko has been racing Evos for a while, I ran against him a few years back at a Prosolo. I believe he did pretty well in the Open Track Challenge also.

Rick