Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Interested in hearing input from you TTA guys...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2006, 12:51 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Oh, I didn't know TTA was considered stock type, and every TTA car in my region is on race tires - I didn't know it was abnormal to use race tires in such a high competition class. I thought TTA was pretty high up there when the AMS car is only one class higher. Maybe it won't be as bad this year as you said.
Well, other cars that start in TTD or lower can afford to throw race tires on there, but both you and I know, our cars can outhandle them on street tires, even with them running race tires.

I get the whole idea of this being to equal things out. I had no problems keeping up with a TTU'ed RX7 when I was running with them one time. Super crazy cars that are in TTU now, will probably get bumped to TTR in this next series of point updates.

I will try to stay in TTA, even if that means no cams right away. If I have to go to TTU, I will probably move to race tires.
Old Nov 17, 2006, 12:52 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by johannes
Fireball-didn't you forget to add the camber plates on your Buddy Clubs (I have them as well). Plus, how about your Walbro.
Plus-I've run hard with Buddy Clubs on street advans and the car just needs more grip (did this at the Redline Time Attack). I sure hope I can stay in TTA and run 255 RA1s as my suspension and power really like the extra grip. On the other hand, 285 DOT slicks might seem a bit excessive in the same class as 255 RA1's. To me tires are the most important factor when it comes to running faster times.
I was told that the camber plates were part of the coilover conversion +7 point thing.

And I added the fuel pump as my last edit.

I couldn't run RA-1's because that adds way too many points. No point penalties for running RT-615's.
Old Nov 17, 2006, 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
With the rear sway (+2), camber plates (+2), and fuel pump (+2), I think that puts you at 41 if you have to count all those.
Old Nov 17, 2006, 01:01 PM
Evolving Member

Huh. If I see you here in the Midwest and you are on 615's and I'm on RA1's-well let's say that wouldn't seem fair to me Seems to me they would need to add more points for tires as compared to other mods.
For example-I couldn't tell any difference when adding my whiteline bumpsteer kit (2pts.). But, I know I can gain at least 2 seconds on my home tracks just by running RA1's. I also have a V-style lip that will probaby come off as it adds 2 pts and does very little.
I guess it is pretty complicated keeping everything as fair as possible.
Old Nov 17, 2006, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
What are the point cut offs? I did mine and got:
Your 15 base points plus your 29 modification points (44 total points) puts you in TTA.
Old Nov 17, 2006, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

+20-39 puts you in TTA. Anything over 39 puts you in TTU unless you meet one of the TTR requirements.
Old Nov 17, 2006, 01:20 PM
Evolving Member

An Evo VIII has only 15 base points (MR has 20). I have 42 extra points which then gives me 57 total. At 60 you get into TTU.
I'm fine, unless they change the rules to penalize turbo cars (something they seem to be considering).
Old Nov 17, 2006, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

Ah, modification points not total per say.

Thank you.
Old Nov 17, 2006, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm sure everyone is going to have their combination of parts that they think will win them the TTA or TTB championship. The winner will be the one who is a phenominal driver and one who can utilize the point system to his/her advantage. Personally if I ever get to that point, I'm seriously thinking about staying in TTB but most likely will end up in TTA. This is what makes NASA so much cooler than the SCCA ...
Old Nov 17, 2006, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Oh, I didn't know the MR got more points. I wonder why. The only advantage is the Bilsteins, and those go away with a coilover upgrade, so do MRs just get a heavier penalty that isn't removed when the advantage is removed?
Old Nov 17, 2006, 01:26 PM
Evolving Member

Well, isn't your roof 10lbs lighter? Actually mine has a ~50lb sunroof in it as well
Old Nov 17, 2006, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

The roof is lighter than on the GSR, but the non-SSL GSR weighs 25lbs less overall than the MR.
Old Nov 17, 2006, 01:31 PM
Evolving Member

Well, then I guess we both didn't pick the best model to start with. I guess we will just have to drive faster than the other guy
Sounds fun to me
Old Nov 17, 2006, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

We didn't, but I'm not sure there should be a 5pt penalty on the MR, or at least not after being penalized again for a later mod that removes whatever the advantage is (assuming it's the Bilsteins). I'll have to look into that when the new rules come out.

It's probably far more important to Fireball, because if he can save that 5pt penalty due to having coilovers, he may have an easier time staying in TTA.

Last edited by Warrtalon; Nov 17, 2006 at 01:35 PM.
Old Nov 17, 2006, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

It could be your 6sp v. our 5sp. Or just a combo of all that the MR gets the GSR does not.

Quick Reply: Interested in hearing input from you TTA guys...