Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Interested in hearing input from you TTA guys...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2007, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Balrok
992 - Ya they are the "roll center correction" kit, which IS just an adjustable tie rod end. So i guess it would add something, if so how much?

Bueller - according this this rule "Note: vehicles with headers and downstream aftermarket exhaust are assessed a total of +4 with a catalytic converter,
and +5 w/o a catalytic converter, regardless of the OEM setup." Since we technically DO have a header, and the rest IS aftermarket, would that be it?

...the regardless is what's making me doubt.
I asked my TT Director the vary same question when i began. He said its only a +5 IF you get AFTERMARKET headers. So a TBE is +3 on its own.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 03:06 PM
Evolved Member

Edited due to a mistake...dont know how delete this, so this will do.

Last edited by Bueller; Sep 5, 2007 at 07:22 PM.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 992gnt
Since your base class is TTB*, don't forget to add in those 7 points right off the top. Roll center kit I was thinking was +2 (Alteration of Ball joints/Dive Angles), hopefully not relocation of suspension mounting points (+6). I'll ask the National TT director next week for a ruling on that one.

Technically we do NOT have a header, it's an exhaust manifold. So aftermarket turbo-back and no cat - +3 If you installed a tubular header, +2 more.
Im not sure who youre referring to regarding the TTB*, and for them to add +7, but remember that only the Evo 9 MR is TTB*. The Evo 9 RS and GSR are just TTB. So basically, if you have an Evo 9 thats NOT an MR, you dont have to include the +7.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Originally Posted by Bueller
Im not sure who youre referring to regarding the TTB*, and for them to add +7, but remember that only the Evo 9 MR is TTB*. The Evo 9 RS and GSR are just TTB. So basically, if you have an Evo 9 thats NOT an MR, you dont have to include the +7.
Sweet. So minus the two from the TBE and i'm at 39 exactly. I'll ask about the rod ends, because they are only for alignment purposes so it should be aight. Now all i have to do is get better and fix my bov from sputtering.

Last edited by Balrok; Sep 5, 2007 at 03:57 PM.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

Sweet. So minus the two from the TBE and i'm at 39 exactly. I'll ask about the rod ends, because they are only for alignment purposes so it should be aight. Now all i have to do is get better and fix my bov from sputtering.
If you want to stay in TTA, im pretty sure youre going to have to go with the stock undertray, otherwise youre going to get assessed points for it which will bump you out of TTA. Pretty much everything that you add/change, that isnt a no-points mod, will be assessed points. Either way, youre going to have to go over all of this with your TT Director when you sign up.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 09:43 PM
Evolved Member

Ok guys, read this whole thread, and using the rules from the NASA TT website, here is how I breakdown, if I made any mistakes, please help me out with them.

Evo IX MR - TTB* (+7)
Enkei NT03+M's/Nitto NT-01 275mm (+5 and +1)
Rear Bumper support removal (JDM Rear) (+1)
Flashed ECU (+10)
Buschur Intake (+1)
Buschur Boost Controller (+4)
Buschur TBE (No Cat) (+2 and +1)
Robispec Clubsports (Planned coilovers) (+9) (?? Read that on page 5??)
Progress Rear Swaybar (+2)
Whitleline Ball Joint Extenders (+2)
Autopower 4- Point with Harnesses (No Points)
AMS LICP (Included with Intake mods)
GiroDisc 2 Piece Rotors (No Points)
Raybestos ST-43s (No Points)

That all adds up to: 45 Points

I figured I could get the suspension dialed in enough to dump the Rear sway (-2) and dump the MBC (-4) and have the car tuned for 98-100 oct. using ECUflash to control boost (21ish psi ??) With those removals, I should be at 39.

Remove Rear sway (-2)
Remove MBC (-4)

That should put me at 39 points. Did I miss anything or make any miscalculations?

Thanks
-Ryan (Hopefully TTA!!)

Last edited by BlackTrack; Sep 5, 2007 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Brake Info
Old Sep 5, 2007, 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

^^^
39 points...looks right.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 10:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Gonna be tough in TTA without boost control. Remember that it's not just the MBC, but you also can't raise boost in any other way. You can't use the ECU or use boost hose/pill modifications if you don't want to incur the MBC penalty.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 11:55 PM
Evolved Member

Warrtalon,

Thanks for the info! I didnt have my car stock very long, I don't remember what the PSI is/holds, but for road racing, I'm generally not looking for alot of boost (playin it safe/reliable). As far as a tune, I was considering havin AMS do it because I plan to hit another HPDE at Autobahn yet this year. Most tracks, that I've been to, have 98/100 + available, I'm hoping with a tune for high octane fuel with stock boost and my above mods will make decent power...and let the suspension setup/driving make up for the rest.

-Ryan
Old Sep 6, 2007, 12:09 AM
Evolved Member

The power will be ok but fairly low since you can't touch boost. The actual psi is not as important as the fact that you must use the OEM hoses and have NO modification to the boost tables when you get the tune.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 12:14 AM
Evolved Member

Gotcha, thanks Warr

Out of curiosity, did you happen to make it under 39?

-Ryan
Old Sep 6, 2007, 12:21 AM
Evolved Member

No, I wasn't even close - I'm in TTS right on the cusp of the TTU/TTS weight:hp ratio boundary.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 03:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Gonna be tough in TTA without boost control. Remember that it's not just the MBC, but you also can't raise boost in any other way. You can't use the ECU or use boost hose/pill modifications if you don't want to incur the MBC penalty.
you need to check your sources man

If you take points for an ecu flash, you're legal with doing the boost INSIDE the ecu, again, can't swap any of the boost lines, or the actuator.

Nasa's very simple. Just ask greg.

edit:

again, the rules will probably completely change again for next year, so the setup that sounded sweet this year, will probably be over-pointed.

Last edited by WarmPepsi; Sep 6, 2007 at 03:45 AM.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 03:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just added it up and I think i nailed 38 points, here's what i've got:

06 Evo IX - 325 awhp - 9.94 P/W ratio (I think)

Parts with points
9.5'' Eneki's with 255/40/17 NT-01's (rules said you could subtract 7 points being they are 30mm less then the 295 rule) -1 +5 = +5
Robispec KW Clubsports 9k front/10k rear (they do have that "remote" res. attached) + 7 +2 = +9
Flashed ECU +10
Injen Pipe's/filter +1
Turbo XS intercooler +4
Perrin TBE w/o cat +3
Progress 25mm rear sway +2
Forge MBC +4

Parts without points
Whiteline tie rod ends +2
Whiteline rear control arm bushings (is this the bump steer kit?) +2
PFC front rotors free
OEM rear rotors free
Raybestos st-43 pads all around free
M-1 Harness Bar free
Schroth ASM-FE 4 point belt free
Shifter base bushings free

Did i get it right?
I count 42.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 04:18 AM
Evolved Member

Right, you can modify the boost tables in the ecu, but the lines under the hood and the pills have to remain stock. Otherwise it's +4. Also, there is no way 255's are big enough for an Evo in TTA. Stock-ish Z06's play there and have enough points available to run 295 Hoosiers....

Quick Reply: Interested in hearing input from you TTA guys...