Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Interested in hearing input from you TTA guys...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2007, 04:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WarmPepsi
you need to check your sources man

If you take points for an ecu flash, you're legal with doing the boost INSIDE the ecu, again, can't swap any of the boost lines, or the actuator.

Nasa's very simple. Just ask greg.
I concur.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 05:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 992gnt
Right, you can modify the boost tables in the ecu, but the lines under the hood and the pills have to remain stock. Otherwise it's +4. Also, there is no way 255's are big enough for an Evo in TTA. Stock-ish Z06's play there and have enough points available to run 295 Hoosiers....
I'll say yes and no on that one.

Down south here, ie: sebring, homestead. I've run quicker on 255's than i have with 275's. (ra1's.)

Mid-O would obviously give a gain to more tire. When i ran there earlier this year, I loved the track, but wish my setup was a bit more complete. (fresh outta the box robi setup, not really setup for anything.) Was also running stock power/boost.

Each continuing session, i was knocking 3/4 to 1 second off the laps there, again, running 255's. If i'd run up there this year, i was 50/50 between 255 nt01's, and 245 hoosiers. Can basically swap one for the other if you have the pts.

again, just my thoughts, really was spending this year, setting to run up there, not really to be competitive, but just for the experience. damn work.

In another note, I came back after the mid-o trip, and ran at sebring (home track, very familiar), couldn't run quicker than a 2.36. (ran that stock). Made a few tweaks, came back the next weekend and ran 2.30's.

Alas, best of luck for you guys.

Last edited by WarmPepsi; Sep 6, 2007 at 05:32 AM.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Hmm, damn. Most of it was relilability upgrades that went with increasing the boost. What kinda of cars are running TTU in FL?
Old Sep 6, 2007, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Balrok
Hmm, damn. Most of it was relilability upgrades that went with increasing the boost. What kinda of cars are running TTU in FL?
very few cars are running TT at all in florida. I know dennis with his stalker is running normally, and a few others. Very little competition in florida, as chin has a much better setup than nasa.

Heck, i mean, i took most of the class records with a stockish evo. I'm about the only one running tta.

TTS, jared in his 'vette will outrun you. He's a pretty darn good driver. He walks away from me, was running in the mid 20's at sebring.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Balrok
drop the intercooler and run in TTA.

I got no shame, if somebody can come out with the same setup i've got, and beat me, awesome.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

That's what i was looking at, either the cooler or the MBC. But i LOVE this cooler man, holds the temp so damn well, and it was such a PITA to get to bumper off to install. I wonder if scott can work magic with the boost........you running more boost or stock still?

Also where'd you get your cage at? If i'm gonna attempt to keep up with you i'll prolly have to drive 10/10's which is kinda scary without a cage as you have voiced.

Last edited by Balrok; Sep 6, 2007 at 11:53 AM.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

very few cars are running TT at all in florida. I know dennis with his stalker is running normally, and a few others. Very little competition in florida, as chin has a much better setup than nasa.

Heck, i mean, i took most of the class records with a stockish evo. I'm about the only one running tta.

TTS, jared in his 'vette will outrun you. He's a pretty darn good driver. He walks away from me, was running in the mid 20's at sebring.
Come out to California if you want some competition...we have enough.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

Does anybody know what the planned (if any) changes are for the 2008 NASA TT rules?
Old Sep 6, 2007, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Bueller
Come out to California if you want some competition...we have enough.
Ya ya, you guys got everything, rub it in
Old Sep 6, 2007, 03:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Agreed, do a mod, figure out how many points it costs and add or subtract it from your base class. Much easier to classify than cough*SCCA*cough ...

If you do a mod and it isn't on the free list of mods allowed, then most likely it is going to cost you points in NASA ...
Old Sep 6, 2007, 09:42 PM
Evolved Member

I'll say yes and no on that one.

Down south here, ie: sebring, homestead. I've run quicker on 255's than i have with 275's. (ra1's.)

Mid-O would obviously give a gain to more tire. When i ran there earlier this year, I loved the track, but wish my setup was a bit more complete. (fresh outta the box robi setup, not really setup for anything.) Was also running stock power/boost.

Each continuing session, i was knocking 3/4 to 1 second off the laps there, again, running 255's. If i'd run up there this year, i was 50/50 between 255 nt01's, and 245 hoosiers. Can basically swap one for the other if you have the pts.

again, just my thoughts, really was spending this year, setting to run up there, not really to be competitive, but just for the experience. damn work.

In another note, I came back after the mid-o trip, and ran at sebring (home track, very familiar), couldn't run quicker than a 2.36. (ran that stock). Made a few tweaks, came back the next weekend and ran 2.30's.

Alas, best of luck for you guys.
When were you at Mid-O? You gotta let me know next time you're up here. This much I know - in this region TTA is very fast - fast enough that I cannot run 245 Z214's and keep up. I just give up too much grip under braking and in the corners to the Z06's. My super top secret Plan B for Nationals is nearly complete, and hopefully I can close the gap.

All I will say is if you're building an Evo for TT competition, start with the biggest, stickiest tires you can fit and then mod around them.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 10:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you need to check your sources man

If you take points for an ecu flash, you're legal with doing the boost INSIDE the ecu, again, can't swap any of the boost lines, or the actuator.

edit:

again, the rules will probably completely change again for next year, so the setup that sounded sweet this year, will probably be over-pointed.
Well, when people change boost with the ECU, it's by default in conjunction with boost hose/pill modification. That's just how it works. Without that, there's hardly any change anyways, so it's not on the same scale as what I was talking about. I don't think of one without the other, because they go hand in hand.
Old Sep 7, 2007, 03:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 992gnt
When were you at Mid-O? You gotta let me know next time you're up here. This much I know - in this region TTA is very fast - fast enough that I cannot run 245 Z214's and keep up. I just give up too much grip under braking and in the corners to the Z06's. My super top secret Plan B for Nationals is nearly complete, and hopefully I can close the gap.

All I will say is if you're building an Evo for TT competition, start with the biggest, stickiest tires you can fit and then mod around them.
Was around in May, ran mid-o for 2 days, then went up and ran gingerman (used to live in N. Indiana).

Yeah, any track with medium/lower speeds and lots of corners, favors some meat and sticky tires. Sebring is fairly wide open, and definatly full of straights., ditto on homestead.
Old Sep 7, 2007, 03:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Well, when people change boost with the ECU, it's by default in conjunction with boost hose/pill modification. That's just how it works. Without that, there's hardly any change anyways, so it's not on the same scale as what I was talking about. I don't think of one without the other, because they go hand in hand.
i guess i missed that one. my boost lines hoses are 100% stock.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

drop the intercooler and run in TTA.

I got no shame, if somebody can come out with the same setup i've got, and beat me, awesome.
Well i finally heard back from Bill, and come to find out i've already got too much to just drop the cooler, i'm forced to compete with the vette in TTS. Warr was right...i dunno how to get away with TTA Which is good because it'll make me a strive to find the fastest line, pressures, etc with what i've got. I figure that vette has like 415hp so thats about 70 more then me, which sucks, and he's prolly got years of exp on me. However i think with the BF 245/40/17 R1's I'll need, then i've got 5 points left. Which i'm still debating on what to do with. Maybe remove the rear seats(3), mini battery/move battery to back(0), and 2 points left........maybe the stasis 6 pot's (2). Whatcha think?

Quick Reply: Interested in hearing input from you TTA guys...