Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Interested in hearing input from you TTA guys...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2007, 02:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you don't take points for any weight reduction. Everybody uses the alternate weight method. Car can be down to 3263 (depends on model), with driver and fuel. Once you start gutting, it's easy to get down in the 3000 or below range, but then add a cage, and driver, and fuel, and the car's fat again.

Other than the cooler, what more do you have? You can freely bump your HP in TTS, (any mods you'd like, i'd check on turbo swap, but TTS/U/R are just hp/weight based classes.)

remember, i'm running TTA. and i'm clipping around sebring with the new car, suspension honestly unsetup, with stock power/boost (untuned turboback), ra-1's @ 2.30. I'd honestly bet the car has a 27 or 28 in the current form with no hp upgrades, and i can get 370ish hp, and stay in class.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Originally Posted by WarmPepsi
you don't take points for any weight reduction. Everybody uses the alternate weight method. Car can be down to 3263 (depends on model), with driver and fuel. Once you start gutting, it's easy to get down in the 3000 or below range, but then add a cage, and driver, and fuel, and the car's fat again.

Other than the cooler, what more do you have? You can freely bump your HP in TTS, (any mods you'd like, i'd check on turbo swap, but TTS/U/R are just hp/weight based classes.)

remember, i'm running TTA. and i'm clipping around sebring with the new car, suspension honestly unsetup, with stock power/boost (untuned turboback), ra-1's @ 2.30. I'd honestly bet the car has a 27 or 28 in the current form with no hp upgrades, and i can get 370ish hp, and stay in class.
Well with the full weight, 3263 you can have 375hp and keep an 8.701 ratio, which is pretty sweet but hard to get with limited mods and stay in TTA (stock turbo etc) The goal for my project is to keep her as a DD AND compete.

NT01's +4 (R1's +6)
Removal of trunk lining +1
ECU flash +10
mod of air box +1
boost controller +4
cooler +4
fuel pump +2
tbe +2 no cat +1
Shocks with external res (even though they arn't like motons still counts) +10
springs +2
rear sway +2
roll center kit +2
rear strut bar +1
modified sub-frame bars +3
fab (beatrush) flat bottom/belly tray +5 (i tried to neg. this one but no gimme even though i'm only using half of the kit)

=54

I can get rid of the rear strut and the sub frame but that's still not enough. The car torque's out of the turns so well and sticks it's hard to go back to stockish setup.

So at this point its build HP and shave weight (on myself too lol) ?

Last edited by Balrok; Sep 13, 2007 at 10:57 AM.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

again, you don't take points for weight reduction. you do NOT take points for weight reduction.

Use the alternate weight method. Set the alternate weight at 3263, and you take no points.

The kw's both of us have are +7. They have a "piggyback" external reservoir.

Sub frame bars? Under tray? Pull the cooler, and both of those, and you're in TTA. it's not hard at all. Or leave the cooler and run stock boost.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

LoL, alrighty then. Well can't pull the undertray as.....i don't have the stock one any longer..it got ripped apart by a combonation of modification to fit the original cooler, then chunk of sod got stuck in it - bending it down, then small rodent did the rest. And research has shown that having none at all is a bad thing I think it came off in 5 pieces . You just want to wax me in tta . Why don't you up your boost and run TTS? That way both of us can chase down the vette
Old Sep 13, 2007, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Balrok
LoL, alrighty then. Well can't pull the undertray as.....i don't have the stock one any longer..it got ripped apart by a combonation of modification to fit the original cooler, then chunk of sod got stuck in it - bending it down, then small rodent did the rest. And research has shown that having none at all is a bad thing I think it came off in 5 pieces . You just want to wax me in tta . Why don't you up your boost and run TTS? That way both of us can chase down the vette
undertray? don't need no stinking undertray. if I had the time and tires, i'd be running right with him. however, i'm without both at the moment
Old Sep 13, 2007, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Balrok
I read the Evom review of the Beatrush Under-Panel.
"The biggest source of improvement was the increase in straight-line speed, which was 15 mph faster than without the panel."
Old Sep 13, 2007, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by boomn29
I read the Evom review of the Beatrush Under-Panel.
"The biggest source of improvement was the increase in straight-line speed, which was 15 mph faster than without the panel."
strap one on my car, and i'll confirm or deny that claim. til then, hogwash
Old Sep 13, 2007, 09:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WarmPepsi
undertray? don't need no stinking undertray. if I had the time and tires, i'd be running right with him. however, i'm without both at the moment
Indeed man...indeed
Old Sep 16, 2007, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I ripped my undertray off this past weekend at Nationals after exiting the track at 130+ mph with no brakes. The subsequent sessions revealed a DEFINATE loss of high speed stability (120+ mph). You can feel the air packing up under the car, and transitions at that speed were a little un-nerving.

The only Evo that will win TTA in the OH/IN or Midwest regions (or Nationals for that matter) will be one FULLY developed and probably illegal for the class, costing way more than I would ever spend on a race car. The TTA Z06 that just won at Nationals winning time would have placed 3rd in TTS, 3rd in TTU, and 4th in TTR. TTR was an all Evo podium, but they were only 2 seconds faster than the TTA winner.....
Old Sep 16, 2007, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 992gnt
The only Evo that will win TTA in the OH/IN or Midwest regions (or Nationals for that matter) will be one FULLY developed and probably illegal for the class, costing way more than I would ever spend on a race car. The TTA Z06 that just won at Nationals winning time would have placed 3rd in TTS, 3rd in TTU, and 4th in TTR. TTR was an all Evo podium, but they were only 2 seconds faster than the TTA winner.....
Figures, whoz pockets are deepest However a really experienced driver who knows the car/course could also pull it off. It's happened before

So what was the setup/story with your brakes?
Old Sep 16, 2007, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

Not really a money game with the Vettes, the top 4 TTA cars this weekend (all Z06's) are basically stock. Big Hoosiers, sway bars, intake. That's it. Anything is possible, but someone would really have to put a single-minded program together with an amazing driver to take the class.

As for the brakes, I had a left rear line failure at the fastest place on the track. Check your lines often fellas.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

Well I ripped my undertray off this past weekend at Nationals after exiting the track at 130+ mph with no brakes. The subsequent sessions revealed a DEFINATE loss of high speed stability (120+ mph). You can feel the air packing up under the car, and transitions at that speed were a little un-nerving.

well, i'll agree to disagree on that one then. Sebring is about as rough and bumpy as you can get, and is a 130+ track in a stock evo.

Tray or no tray, I couldn't tell the difference. (without the tray is a touch lighter ). Turns 17 and 1 are mid-high speed corners that are worse than county roads up there. (80-100 mph, full suspension travel required.) Never had any hints of the nose floating around on me.

As far as for the speed, I've only ran up there once, with a brand new suspension, 1 day old full tread ra-1's, and :ahem: lots of rear toe. (don't ask).

the first day, the car was miserably off. 1200 miles and a set of loose rear toe bolts had its way with the rear end. (1:48's? wtf) But by the afternoon on the second day, i was loosing a second each session (down to a 42.)

Now, while thats not at all impressive.... I went over and ran g-man. Had never run anything but a stock evo there twice, so on a drizzling rainy track, a 33 was all I could do.

I came back and ran sebring, and was no faster than i was with a stock evo. (2:36) Something's not right. Ive run out there 15-20 times. Check some more stuff, go back out 2 weeks later, solid 2.30s.

That being said, i think a properly setup evo, with the 370ish hp, and a good driver can match the mid-30's times.

Also, We ran the 2.4 mi setup, and well, My car is fat (as am I) and stock hp/boosted.

Again, at this point, its all bench racing, and the rules will change again, but congrats to the people that actually made it all the way up there and got it done.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

As for the brakes, I had a left rear line failure at the fastest place on the track. Check your lines often fellas.
I had the same at about 110, going into a 35-40 mph left hander (see dead end) Didnt loose a line, just the vaccum assist. Push as hard as you like, it ain't gonna stop. be careful out there man.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Not really a money game with the Vettes, the top 4 TTA cars this weekend (all Z06's) are basically stock. Big Hoosiers, sway bars, intake. That's it.
I knew something was wrong with that statement. 295 hoosiers, sway bar, and intake would bump them out of TTA. thats 20 pts. Also at minimum weight, they can only put down 371 hp to the wheels. I highly doubt thats the case. Probably just nobody called them on it. The ls-6 is factory claimed at 405, but i assure you, they put out more than that.

It'd be interesting to see if any of the cars were legal.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 05:51 AM
Evolved Member

They dyno'd and weighed all of them, they were all legal. Perhaps I am mistaken on the intake, although at least two of them were running 285's which gives them some points back.

As for the TTA/Evo thing, let me just say this. MY car won't make 370 legally and leave me points for big enough tires to use the power. Every car in the class was on at least 275's, and I think you need every bit of that. It's a shame that Robi's car broke on wednesday, I was looking forward to comparing times with Russ.

Quick Reply: Interested in hearing input from you TTA guys...