Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

I will be racing at Daytona..

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2006, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will be racing at Daytona..

I have just put together a deal to drive at Daytona on Rolex 24 weekend, here is the release. No.. it's not an Evo, it's an SRT4 - and after fighting with the SRT4s at One Lap in the AMS car it does feel sorta like being a traitor, but oh well..

Here is the release:

Krolewicz to drive Koni Challenge Series at Daytona

Jon Krolewicz will be joining up with SDS Performance Motorsports for the Grand American Roadrace Series Koni Challenge 3-hour race at Daytona on January 26.

Krolewicz will co-drive with Derrick Reade in the ST class of the Koni Challenge series in a Dodge Neon SRT-4.

“I am really excited about getting together with SDS and pairing up with Derrick,” Krolewicz said. “Grand Am and its series are getting stronger each year, and being able to participate in the inaugural event of the Koni Challenge Series is going to be a kick.”

SDS Performance Racing is owned by Steve Sliwa and Derrick Reade and is based out of Daytona. SDS campaigns the SRT-4 in the Koni Challenge Series, and SCCA T2 class competition.

Krolewicz is entering 2007 with good momentum. In 2006 Krolewicz was crowned NASA National Champion in TTU, Winged Warrior Grand Champion, a third place in One Lap of America and an overall win at the Evo Tuner Shootout.

“Driving for AMS the last couple years was a blast, I loved driving their Evo super car, and I hope I can take the momentum of 06 into next year.” Krolewicz said.

Jon will test with SDS at Daytona on Jan. 4 – 6 of next year.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 08:43 PM
Evolving Member

Awesome! Good luck to you, Jon.

I'll be there drinking all the Red Bull one person can handle... again

Devin
Old Dec 7, 2006, 03:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice, never been up there, might have to run up the coast and check it out
Old Dec 7, 2006, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

Congrats Jon! I'll be rooting for ya!
Old Dec 7, 2006, 11:11 AM
Former Sponsor

good job man

glad u got a ride!
Old Dec 7, 2006, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts
I'd love to tackle the 33 degree banks of Daytona!!!! Awesome!
Old Dec 7, 2006, 12:30 PM
Evolving Member

Jon, That is awesome. That car should be super competitive in ST class. Good Luck, hope you kick butt.

Mark
Old Dec 7, 2006, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kingleh@GSC
good job man

glad u got a ride!
Yup - that's what it's about, isn't it?

Not many Mitsu based race teams around - huh?
Old Dec 8, 2006, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks guys. I am really looking forward to this. It won't be the fastest I have driven at Daytona, but It's a good group of guys and I think we can put up a good effort. Where it goes from there, who knows.

I actually did my 2nd drivers school at Daytona, I have a half-dozen races there I have driven, and I have worked corners at 11 Rolex 24 hour races. (12 if you count the 20 min stint I did for the hell of it after the LMP broke in 02.)

For Mitsubishis, I haven't seen one in a while at Daytona - Spirit of Daytona used to run a gen 2 eclipse in the 24 hours, but that's it, and.. it wasn't fast. I do hope that we can see an Evo in Grand Am Cup, or SWC as I have posted on here, but for now we will have to settle with the SRT4.

And hey, AMS builds SRT4's also, so it's still in the family kinda. I have an excuse to wear my AMS shirts in the Daytona garage area.
Old Dec 8, 2006, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Congrats Jon. Are you done driving for AMS, or will you drive in OLOA in 2007 for them too?
Glad to see everywhere you go.....you carry the Winged Warrior Grand Champ label!
Old Dec 9, 2006, 04:49 AM
Evolving Member

St is a great class! should be allot of fun. See you down there in a couple weeks.
Old Dec 9, 2006, 05:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Congrats on the ride.
Old Dec 9, 2006, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Eclipse2Lancer
Congrats Jon. Are you done driving for AMS, or will you drive in OLOA in 2007 for them too?
Glad to see everywhere you go.....you carry the Winged Warrior Grand Champ label!
I am not done driving for AMS, but there are some different driver things happening. I will let them announce what and who, but the driver lineup is as exciting as that new car they are working on.

It looks like I will not be in the AMS car for One Lap, but I am talking to a couple other teams, so I should be there in something.
Old Dec 9, 2006, 07:48 AM
Evolving Member

Maybe Martin can chime in here, but I don't think that AMS is even entering a car in one lap of america this year. I believe their road course focus is being devoted to building the quickest unlimited time attack car at this point.
Mark
Old Dec 12, 2006, 07:10 PM

Congrats on the ride for Daytona. Will the test days be open to the public or is it a close door(or gate) affair? Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: I will be racing at Daytona..