Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Sebring T2 Pole

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2007, 09:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sebring T2 Pole

WTS (evoM member) just set pole and starts Sundays SCCA Sebring Nationals ace LOOKING in his mirrors!
You evos in the area should come down....start time is around 13:30..Chear your Favorite Chassies/Engine combo on acgainst the best in the SE....runoffs wining Subi, lotus, Gto, F-body's,...all looking for some Evo blood!

Thanks to WTZ for a great qualifying effort and the faith to let Robispec work on his car....Oh Warmpepsi is also helping in the pits...ROAD TRIPPPPP!
Old Jan 6, 2007, 10:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great news - looking forward to a better Evo year for the T2 class
Old Jan 7, 2007, 08:47 AM
Evolving Member

Cool

Good Luck Bill... Give us a call tonight so we can get the details
Old Jan 7, 2007, 09:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by robi
runoffs wining Subi, lotus, Gto, F-body's,...all looking for some Evo blood!
i don't believe that the run-offs winning ICY/Subaru Team is in Florida for T2 this year... But it is good to see Bill's car performing well!

-franz
Old Jan 7, 2007, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
That's great! Sebring is one bumpy *** track too!
Old Jan 7, 2007, 10:00 AM
Evolving Member

Cool From the SCCA Site

Chris Brannon's post:

Sebring Qualifying.

Well Sebring was everything I hoped it would be and more. It is very fast, very historic and very fun! It requires guts, skill, consistancy, great tires and great brakes. It will not be my last Sebring race. One thing is for sure..........it is the hottest I personally have ever been in Jan.

Here is the qualifying results for T2:

1st Bill Ziegler EVO 2:30.656

2nd Chris Brannon GTO 2:31.036

3rd Bryan Viviani (Hemmingson's 06 Runoffs Subi) 2:32.473

4th Albert Nocerine Camaro 2:34.222

Ed Zabinski's little Elise is one delicious unit and he flat drove the crap out of it. I love it and want one. Unfortunately his transponder malfunctioned and lost his times. I am not sure if they will make him start from the rear or if he will run. Three different people timed him at a 2:31.5 so that is probably pretty accurate (give or take a few tenths). I want my power and the Elise's handling and brakes. I didn't get to be around the car on track but several spectators said he looked better and smoother in the twisty bits than the Corvettes. Way to bring some new stuff to T1 and T2 Ed.

I want to drive it Ed............Please! Please! Please!

Race results will come tomorrow.

Later,

Chris
Old Jan 7, 2007, 11:39 AM
Former Sponsor

Good luck guys, and bring home the win!
Old Jan 7, 2007, 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Im sure WTZ will get on here for an update (ill call him to remind him ) But Im told that he did indeed win today down at Sebring and the Lotus took second. Congrats Bill, see you at the track soon.

Last edited by Galant VR-4 #34; Jan 7, 2007 at 04:59 PM.
Old Jan 7, 2007, 06:12 PM
Evolving Member

Cool

once again from Chris Brannon on the SCCA Forum:

"Here are the race times (in order) to look over and ponder:

B. Ziegler EVO 2:30.8

E. Zabinski Lotus "Elise" 2:29.1

C. Brannon GTO 2:31.8

B. Viviani Subi STi 2:31.8

A. Nocerine Camaro 2:35.2

Well it was the craziest and most oil leaking race group I have ever been in. There was GT1, T1 GT2, GT3, AS, BP, T2. Normally the AS cars grease things up for us but this time some of the GT1's and the BP cars were putting oil down everywhere. The start went amazingly flawless. I didn't see anyone do anything stupid. A BP car was beside me and I back way off to give him the corner. He came over and chopped my right front with his left rear. I have to believe that he didn't know I was there. Had I wanted to be a *******...........the 4,000 lb pit manouver was a flick of the right foot away. Anyway unknown to me until after the race, the two phillips screws and 3 push clips that hold the front bumper cover on could not hold on during our contact and it took the entire facia off. The good news is that it went clear of the cars and myself nor anyone else ran over it. The workers brought it to me and I put it back on the car before going into the trailer! Sweet!

Great job to Bill. He had the car and he drove a great race with all the traffic and crap that was on the track. He never missed a beat! Good job Z!

Viviani was all over me like stink on poo ! You would have thought we were racing for 1st. He was a super clean racer that coulda and maybe should given me the chrome horn on the last few corners of the last lap. Nice race man.........I really enjoyed your competition.

Zabinski owes me a new race suit which he can just bring to the Daytona race. Because when I looked up in my rear view mirror and saw that little Lotus catching me.............I soiled my britches. He had to pass at least 12 cars (after starting from the rear of the field due to transponder trouble), picked off Nocerine in the Camaro, assorted AS, BP and GT2 cars, then Viviani in the STi, myself and then was making headway to Ziegler. I gotta tell ya...............I have a new respect for Ed. That boy can drive! Way to go buddy. In my book you won and earned the hard charger award, especially at that track. I want to drive that thing somewhere........sometime! See you in Daytona.............with my new race suit!

Good luck to all you guys heading to Homestead. I wish I could go but family and work calls!"
Old Jan 7, 2007, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

congrats!

n
Old Jan 7, 2007, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thats scarey that that Lotus came from dead last to get within 5 second of Z. Not to mention he bested his lap time by that much on a high hp track, we may be in trouble on any tight tracks this year against that car.
Old Jan 7, 2007, 11:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by fatbastard
i don't believe that the run-offs winning ICY/Subaru Team is in Florida for T2 this year... But it is good to see Bill's car performing well!

-franz
Car was sold to the owner of Beaver run....and yes he can drive...but has a new car and limited support...

Well the two days of testing paid off...Lead from the start...gap up to 15 seconds by the 1/2 way point and cruised to the finish...with the Lotus closing every lap after we went into save the tires mode... (we thought the Hoosier "A's"...245 would go away by the 10th of 13 laps) and with WTS driving Fantastic and sticking to our pre-race plan..(you just can't rattle the man!) and also driving as smart a race as any pro I've ever watched, the WTZ's Evo had a fine result with PLENTY of tire left.....WTZ then paid me a complement I couldn't have begged for.."car was faster and easier to drive... than at the run-offs and this is the first time we haven't completely used up the tires during a race"..WTZ gave great feedback during testing and through 10 total test sessions the car worked better and better..Many thanks to Warm pepsi.. the Data Analysis wizard!On to Homestead next weekend..
Old Jan 8, 2007, 03:13 AM
Evolved Member

Good work Bill. Good stuff, enjoyed the event. And yes, LF is on the driver's side, thanks.

Edit: Good to hear Brannon got his bumper back. Was about the cleanest take off ever. Should be some more fun this next weekend.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 10:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Galant VR-4 #34
Thats scarey that that Lotus came from dead last to get within 5 second of Z. Not to mention he bested his lap time by that much on a high hp track, we may be in trouble on any tight tracks this year against that car.
Yes the track didn't have a lot of grip (people kept oiling the track down) the elise
was very quick back in the twisties...
Old Jan 9, 2007, 06:39 AM
wtz
Evolving Member

To Robi and Brian,
Thanks for all the hard work. It certainly makes racing easy when you have the luxury of going only as fast as you have to to win. The car was set up great, and our race strategy worked out perfectly. Trust me, if that little Lotus had ever been a real threat, we had plenty left in the bank. Robi, my rig is staying in Sebring through Wednesday. Will move it to Homestead Wednesday afternoon. Decided to work a little. If you need to reach me, call me at 904-543-0977.
Cheers,