Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

GSC center diff - TESTED w/ VIDEO

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2007, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
honestly... this is one of the best mods I have done in a long time.... it turned the car into a 'fun' car again...

n
Old Sep 20, 2007, 04:32 PM
Evolving Member

Is your t-case whining?
Old Sep 20, 2007, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

This is awesome along with the Robi suspension.
Old Sep 20, 2007, 11:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by white8
Is your t-case whining?
not yet...

n
Old Sep 21, 2007, 10:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nils
not yet...

n
Then what is that noise as you leave in 1st gear and then between mid range to top end in third gear i'm sure i heard it and i was sure thats the same noise my car makes and i was positive that it was my t-case. Or is it not the t-case at all?
Old Sep 22, 2007, 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

for all the people that brought this thread back to life, i hate you.
Old Sep 23, 2007, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CleverUserName
for all the people that brought this thread back to life, i hate you.
ha ha....

n
Old Sep 23, 2007, 09:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is this enough of a change to generate snap on-throttle oversteer at lower speeds? In a naturally aspirated rwd car, tail out attitude is very easy to modulate since power is directly related to right foot movement. Since the Evo deals with boost response, does that create a more difficult car to drive under certain conditions?

If the speeds are low enough, the Evo is happy to go tail out. Increase the speeds and the problem goes the other direction where it just grips. Does this exacerbate the problem?

-Jon
Old Oct 6, 2007, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

Subscribing...curious to hear results of this diff on an ACD equipped car.

Dave
Old Oct 7, 2007, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by white8
Then what is that noise as you leave in 1st gear and then between mid range to top end in third gear i'm sure i heard it and i was sure thats the same noise my car makes and i was positive that it was my t-case. Or is it not the t-case at all?
not sure to be honest with you... there is a reason I call my car 'the rattle can'.. ha ha.

The diffs are good though... I did end up blowing my rear diff, but that happened before I installed this center diff

n
Old Oct 7, 2007, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by stimpy
Is this enough of a change to generate snap on-throttle oversteer at lower speeds? In a naturally aspirated rwd car, tail out attitude is very easy to modulate since power is directly related to right foot movement. Since the Evo deals with boost response, does that create a more difficult car to drive under certain conditions?

If the speeds are low enough, the Evo is happy to go tail out. Increase the speeds and the problem goes the other direction where it just grips. Does this exacerbate the problem?

-Jon
Jon,
I havent done donuts in the car yet after center diff install.. as soon as my tires are worn down & useless I will though & report back to you

But yes, this makes the rearend looser, at low & high speeds... no more corner exit push.

n
Old Oct 7, 2007, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DaveK
Subscribing...curious to hear results of this diff on an ACD equipped car.

Dave
you & many more..... someone with an ACD is going to have to step up & buy this thing to find out.

I know evom user 'thechoc' has it in his acd equipped car but I think he works overseas & does not have time to test his car out.

somebody with and ACD car buy this thing already & let us know!!

n
Old Oct 7, 2007, 10:32 AM
Account Disabled

GSC needs to sponsor someone with it... If someone is going to take a few thousand dollar risk it should be the company backing the product IMO.
Old Oct 7, 2007, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ultimatesteve
GSC needs to sponsor someone with it... If someone is going to take a few thousand dollar risk it should be the company backing the product IMO.
My car will be available for testing, but it may be a couple of months till it goes back together. Car will be an 05 with an 06 drivetrain, and is being built for PPIHC. It will see plenty of track time while we're trying to dial it in, and an aftermarket ACD controller is on my list of 'must haves.'

Dave
Old Oct 12, 2007, 05:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DaveK
My car will be available for testing, but it may be a couple of months till it goes back together. Car will be an 05 with an 06 drivetrain, and is being built for PPIHC. It will see plenty of track time while we're trying to dial it in, and an aftermarket ACD controller is on my list of 'must haves.'
There are a few guys running ACD-equipped cars with diff controllers in Rally America and Canadian Rally. You should be able to get some pretty good feedback and advice out of those folks. Andrew Comrie-Picard was really helpful with helping me understand how to make the most of the stock ACD on tarmac, and swears by the controller in his Evo.

One unit to check out is the combined Pectel ECU and diff controller. Both are plug and play and can interact with each other. Very trick stuff.

Quick Reply: GSC center diff - TESTED w/ VIDEO