Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

F1 - Bahrain

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2007, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KevinD
wuhu! i jumped 800 places in my fantasy formula 1 although, kubica has been holding my team back big time at least he finally finished where he started...
Which fantasy league to you toy in?
Old Apr 16, 2007, 09:57 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is gona be the best season for F1 ive ever seen....

i also know the tracks so well because of my F1 racing game for PS3....

lewis is a prodogy child... being takin under mclaren's wing since he was 10... thats pretty cool.. good investment for them....

im excited for him to win his first race... i think it will be soon... with his consistency its a matter of time...

kimi's interveiw at the end is a trip... he is so mono tone...

lewis saying "sweet".. when they talk about his record breaking 3 for 3... pretty funny too...

im hooked on F1 more then i ever have been... way more... if renault was up there like they were last year.... and bmw was just a tad bik quiker.. we would be seeing the most amazing racing ever...
Old Apr 16, 2007, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

nice to see there are fellow evoowners that are f1 enthusiasts as well.. ive been an f1 addict since 2000.. obviously a shumy fan.... this season is gonna be great.. i dohope that ferrari ragains its titles
Old Apr 16, 2007, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
^^^ yeah, Kimi's interview is anoying as heck, there's no expresion of emotion. i guess that's why he's the Iceman
Massa's interview always starts with "yeah, for sure".
i know english is a second language for most of these guys but it's still funny.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

kingleh - How is the F1 game for PS3? I have been a PS fan since the beginning but, switched to a 360. Of course now they come out with a decent F1 game, figures. Oh well hopefully Forza Motorsports 2 will live up to the hipe.

Anyway, Lewis has been very fortunate that McLaren, mainly Ron Dennis, has basically taken him under his wing since such an early age. Good catch on Ron's part for sure.

Kimi's nature is just awesome. Its almost like he could care less about anything but, actually driving the car. I've always liked him, ever since his Sauber days. The Tifosi were apparently complaining that he didn't celebrate like Schumi with those huge jumps and fist pumpings but, I think they will just have to get use to the Iceman because I'm sure a lot more wins are coming.

It would be unreal if Lewis takes the championship this year, dare I say it already. I am pulling though for the Iceman but, I'm loving the battles so far.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 10:45 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by evo8dad
kingleh - How is the F1 game for PS3? I have been a PS fan since the beginning but, switched to a 360. Of course now they come out with a decent F1 game, figures. Oh well hopefully Forza Motorsports 2 will live up to the hipe.

dood.. its sick... i could go on and on about it... the gameplay is redic.. the AI is awsome...

fighting massa at monza... blocking him on the inside.. and he trying to go on the outside.. and rubbing tire to tires with him threw turns...

i play in career mode on medium setting... wich is very hard... i usualy qualify top 5... and im usualy 2 tenths off of pole.. and the top 10 cars will be within a second of each other... im driving for ferrari.. but had to be a test driver first... and drove for redbull racing in races and test driver before then.. then MFR racing before redbull... the racing to racing is by far the best in any game...

medium setting has damage on so you can be ripping around for the whole race.. then make one mistake and hit the wall.. tires and wings go flying everywhere.. and your race is done..

at monaco i was leading.. i ignord the debris flag and hit oil in a turn... oversteerd the rear of the car into the wall and nocked the tire off its bead... limped it back to the pits with a flat...

i have been takign more time setting up my car in practice rounds so i get pole a lil bit now...

im hooked to this game...
Old Apr 16, 2007, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
F1 on ps3 is awesome. i beat it on easy and was going to go back and try medium but then MotorStorm came out but i'm bored with it now. So i'm going to go back with F1. there some really fast guys online if you every play online. it sucks that there's no voice chat though, just text message.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

This is by far the best F1 season since I started watching in 2000. Look for BMW and Renault to get faster after getting back home to europe and tweaking some things.

I'm still rooting for Kovalainen, although I thought for sure he would be doing what Hamilton is doing right now...maybe after they figure out whatever problem Flavio was talking about?

Who knows, all I know is a 3-way tie for first, a rookie on the podium every race, and exciting wheel-to-wheel racing with passing and such is great. The battle between Hamilton and Massa in Malaysia was just sickness!
Old Apr 16, 2007, 12:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by evo8dad
Which fantasy league to you toy in?

i didn't really know anyone other then myself so i guess i am in the default league on yahoo. which is the UK formula 1 fans or something like that.

i started in 55th place (like a 100 way tie)

then second race i was down to 1000 something.

now i'm back into 200ish place.
Old Apr 17, 2007, 03:04 PM
Evolving Member

Great season thus far.
Old Apr 17, 2007, 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

Damn PS3. Why did they do that right when I switch to 360. Oh well I guess I need a PS3 now to. The wife will love that.

Heikki I think would be doing a little better based on his past performances in other race platforms but, I think the Renault is just hampering him right now.

The team to really keep your eye on are BMW for sure.
Old Apr 17, 2007, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Heidfeld is in the last year of his contract, hence him being so fast. If you remember back to last year, Nick also raised his game and picked up the pace when Kubica came on the seen. Seems to be a habit of his. I think in the end Kubica is faster, but Nick has way more experience. They should be strong for the rest of the season.
Old Apr 17, 2007, 03:48 PM
Evolving Member

Looks like Raikkonen was a little pissed off because of his understeer issues throughout the race, or is he always so nonchalant during post game interviews? I've watched a few races here and there before, but I think this is the first season I'll really pay attention to. Raikkonen FTW!
Old Apr 17, 2007, 10:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
anyone else impressed with hamilton?
Old Apr 18, 2007, 06:35 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Johnny6er
Looks like Raikkonen was a little pissed off because of his understeer issues throughout the race, or is he always so nonchalant during post game interviews? I've watched a few races here and there before, but I think this is the first season I'll really pay attention to. Raikkonen FTW!

"kimi, what happenedin the beginning of the race that put you behind alonso?"

kimi-thecarwasundersteeringinthefirststintsoidriveithar derandthecargetfaster
butiwasstuckbehindalansoanditwashardformetogetarou ndhimbecauseoftheundersteer.

"kimi, near the end of the race, you were loosing ground on hamilton for second place, what happened?"

kimi - yeah, thewehadagoodpaceinthesecondstintbutafterthethirds tintweweren'tabletokeeppacebecausethecarwasunderst eering
butidrovethecarhardandweturnedtherevsdownalittleto preservethecarforthenextrace

Quick Reply: F1 - Bahrain