Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

F1 - Bahrain

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2007, 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
F1 - Bahrain

Quali - Massa, Hamilton, Alonso, Raikkonen. Ferrari vs. McLaren for the 3rd straight race. Hopefully Massa can hold off Hamilton in turn 1 but, he failed to do that at Malaysia so we'll see.

The other guy to watch for is Heidfeld who will be starting Q5. Fast all weekend. Fisi and Webo should be going at it at the start as well as they looked good in Quali but, then again Webo is always a good qualifier but, typically fades in the race.

Everyone is talking about Hamilton so I'm sure he'll have another good race as he has run this circuit in GP2 and is familar with it but, he has Kimi, the quickest driver on the planet, and double world champion Alonso behind Kimi giving chase.
Old Apr 15, 2007, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
hamilton does it again. 3rd podium in 3rd race, new F1 world record. too bad they had to bring out the pace car in the first lap. it would have be interesting to see how the top 4 drivers duke it out in the first few lap. kinda disappointed with alonso's result considering how strong he was last race
Old Apr 15, 2007, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by honda-guy
hamilton does it again. 3rd podium in 3rd race, new F1 world record. too bad they had to bring out the pace car in the first lap. it would have be interesting to see how the top 4 drivers duke it out in the first few lap. kinda disappointed with alonso's result considering how strong he was last race
^^^Agree with you, very dissapointed with Alonso despite I am his number one fan. Credit were people deserves it, Hamilton is right now the reference in Formula one, this guy eclipsed Kimi and Alonso with his excellent performance.

Good for Massa, good for Hamilton, good for Kimi good for Heidfield a shame for Alonso, I was hoping much more from him.
A remark, Coulthard was kicking some a$$ until he had also that freak accident. I think a break or a hydraulic line caught on fire, that is something else.

but did you guys see the freak accident with Mark webber and his fuel cap breaking the upper horizontal stabilizer spoiler due to the wind effect cause by the gas cap? that was freak and bizarre!!

My last comment goes for Alonso, despite I like him a lot he better put up or shut up. There are no excuses when a rookie beats you and Alonso starts talking about technical difficulties. I think he better shut up for a while and prove himself at the track one more time.

Carlos

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; Apr 15, 2007 at 12:11 PM.
Old Apr 15, 2007, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damn I totally for got about this race
Old Apr 15, 2007, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
^^^Agree with you, very dissapointed with Alonso despite I am his number one fan. Credit were people deserves it, Hamilton is right now the reference in Formula one, this guy eclipsed Kimi and Alonso with his excellent performance.

Good for Massa, good for Hamilton, good for Kimi good for Heidfield a shame for Alonso, I was hoping much more from him.
A remark, Coulthard was kicking some a$$ until he had also that freak accident. I think a break or a hydraulic line caught on fire, that is something else.

but did you guys see the freak accident with Mark webber and his fuel cap breaking the upper horizontal stabilizer spoiler due to the wind effect cause by the gas cap? that was freak and bizarre!!

My last comment goes for Alonso, despite I like him a lot he better put up or shut up. There are no excuses when a rookie beats you and Alonso starts talking about technical difficulties. I think he better shut up for a while and prove himself at the track one more time.

Carlos
Carlos - aren't you being a little harsh on Alonso??
Old Apr 15, 2007, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by meanmud
Carlos - aren't you being a little harsh on Alonso??

Yeah, you are right, I was. I should view things from a different perpective, after all he is still the leader. It was just my frustation.

Carlos
Old Apr 15, 2007, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

Alonso is for sure looking a little, dare I say it, not too fast. It is hard to compare this year's performances to last year's as they are 2 different chassis but, the move Heidfield put on him to take 4th made him look like a midfielder

As for Hamilton, I'd say this kid is for real. Although Massa drove away on him later in the race he still was ableto stay far enough away from Kimi to stay out of his reach.

And yeah Webo's gas cap incident as strange. It was amazing how much of an effect that thing had on the air movement over the body causing it to break that stabilizer piece. Poor DC, he was absolutely flying until the retirement.

Driver's championship is getting exciting, huh? Alonso, Kimi and Hamilton all tied for 1st with Massa a close second.

Next up Spanish GP and you know that Alonso will be trying to not get shown up by the new kid
Old Apr 15, 2007, 05:12 PM
Evolving Member

I think my favorite part of the race was Peter Windsor walking in the grid and looking for the lady that tells him he can't talk to Lewis, and he knows this beforehand. that was was classic. Peter windsor is hilarious.

The Lewis craziness is fun. This is shaping up to be an epic season. I can't wait for BMW to start getting some podiums and mix it up with the other guys.

I'm still a Rosberg fan.
Old Apr 15, 2007, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah it won't be long until a BMW driver steps onto the podium. At the beginning of the season thought it would be for sure Kubica but, now Heidfeild is looking stronger than ever, especially during today's race.
Old Apr 15, 2007, 08:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo8dad
Yeah it won't be long until a BMW driver steps onto the podium. At the beginning of the season thought it would be for sure Kubica but, now Heidfeild is looking stronger than ever, especially during today's race.
I agree. And I hope BMW gets up there sooner rather than later. It would be great if the season was more than just a Mclaren-Ferrari battle, even though that's looking fun so far. Heidfeld had a great race.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 06:09 AM
Evolving Member

David Coultard surprised the hell out of me. From 21st to 7th before the retirement. I suspect a top 5 finish was in the works for him.

So next race is the tie breaker. This just gets better and better. 3 races, and 3 different winners. I think this season may be the re-emergence of f1.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

It would be nice to see BMW fitting with Ferrari and McLaren for the title, especially for Heidfeild who has been at this for a while kinda flying under the radar.

This season's competitiveness, I think, has definately been helped alot by Michael's retirement. He was just so dominant or at the very least figthing amongst the top runners even in that dreadful '05 season Ferrari had.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 07:34 AM
Evolving Member

Very true. Its also interesting what's happening with Renault. I was expecting them to be up there jousting with the top 2. In fact, perhaps to have the kind of pace that BMW is showing relative to Ferrari and Mclaren. And while I dont think Fischella is that great I was also hoping that the platform would allow Heikki Kovalainen to shine. Hopefully they will get it together as well.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah Renault's poor performance is suprising, although Fisi was a little more competitive in Bahrain than the past 2 races. Heikki is either not as good as he is being touted or Fisi is adapting better to the poor aero of the Renault, which is what they think the problem is.

Its funny though to hear Flavio ***** and moan about a problem but, doesn't know what it is.

The other thing I found interesting is when Peter Windsor was doing his pre-race on the grid he came upon Adrian Newey checking out the rear section of the McLaren. It looked like Peter caught him by surprise the way he reacted to Peter when he approached him. Then later there was a shot of Ron Dennis talking with Newey while standing at the rear of the McLaren.

It makes you wonder if Newey is regreting leaving McLaren giving the RBR's relatve lack of success, although Webo had a good showing until his retirement and DC was absolutely flying until the hydraulic line burst, catching fire.

The RBR is one of the best looking cars on the grid next to the new long wheelbase Ferrari.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 07:50 AM
Former Sponsor

wuhu! i jumped 800 places in my fantasy formula 1 although, kubica has been holding my team back big time at least he finally finished where he started...

Quick Reply: F1 - Bahrain