Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Tire Tail for the Evo?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2007, 12:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sgevotx
Here's my trialer hitch and trialer, some trialer shop welded it the hitch. So far no problem with the hitch, had drove faster than 80mph with the trialer attach.
Couple questions...

1) do you have any other picture angles of the hitch?
2) can you slap a shifter-cart on that mini-trailer?
Old Apr 27, 2007, 12:27 AM
Evolved Member

Those mini-trailers are cheap too (dunno if you bought yours or had it custom made...) But, Harbor Freight sells a kit that looks just like that that my dad used for his S2000's trailer. It worked great, but one question just because I"m sure everyone is wondering: Why won't you use the truck and the car trailer?

And I bet you could slap a shifter-cart on the mini-trailer as long as you (obviously) strapped it down enough.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 12:59 AM
Evolving Member

I had the same storage problem...HOWEVER, I got rid of my wife, and WOW did her baggage free up ALOT of space...
Old Apr 27, 2007, 05:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by UT_Evo
Those mini-trailers are cheap too (dunno if you bought yours or had it custom made...) But, Harbor Freight sells a kit that looks just like that that my dad used for his S2000's trailer. It worked great, but one question just because I"m sure everyone is wondering: Why won't you use the truck and the car trailer?

And I bet you could slap a shifter-cart on the mini-trailer as long as you (obviously) strapped it down enough.
Woah! You have a truck and car hauler? Forget this hitch business, tow that thing. It gets old swapping pads and tires at 6am on cold and rainy mornings.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by MRinChrist
Couple questions...

1) do you have any other picture angles of the hitch?
2) can you slap a shifter-cart on that mini-trailer?
Here are some more pixs with different angles,I don't think it'll be a problem to mount a shifter cart on that trailer, it should be wide enough to mount a cart safely on the same trailer. Actually i've seen ppl using the same trailer to tow a shifter-cart to some auto-x event.

Here's a pix of my other friend using the same hitch design but with different trailer and he had it on his car for 3 years, went to countless event with it and never had any problem. He previously use a tire tail to haul his tires on the same hitch for 1 year and decided to get a trailer instead. So he could bring more stuff to the event.

Old Apr 27, 2007, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fricci4993
I had the same storage problem...HOWEVER, I got rid of my wife, and WOW did her baggage free up ALOT of space...
+1
Old Apr 27, 2007, 10:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fricci4993
lol...Good stuff!...The upkeep and maintenance alone on those things can kill ya.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 10:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sgevotx
Here are some more pixs with different angles,I don't think it'll be a problem to mount a shifter cart on that trailer, it should be wide enough to mount a cart safely on the same trailer. Actually i've seen ppl using the same trailer to tow a shifter-cart to some auto-x event.
Thanks bro...I appreciate the info and effort.

Old Apr 27, 2007, 12:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by UT_Evo
Yes, you can

Old trailer setup:

My new trailer setup (repainted/resetup):

I have to redo the tire mounting setup in order to fit the 12" trailer rims and wider wheels I have, but it has worked flawlessly so far transporting my stock wheels. The vertical stands are made from galvanized tubing from Lowes. The red "thing" under the wheel is an all-weather foam pad used to keep the rim lips from crashing into one another.

I'd like to see some close-ups of how some of you other guys are securing your wheels, especially wider ones.

Devin
Old Apr 27, 2007, 01:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Solo Evo
I'd like to see some close-ups of how some of you other guys are securing your wheels, especially wider ones.
Devin
I agree, I would like to see more of these tire trailers. I will start another thread, asking for pics of tire trailers and how they are set up.
Old Jun 28, 2007, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

I talked to a guy over at Izoom graphics about a tire tail for the Evo and he said the lack of a readily available hitch has kept them from designing one.