Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

racing seat cushions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2007, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
racing seat cushions

I'm needing a little extra padding on my back side. wouldn't mind replacing the whole cover but I can't find anyone who sells either. long drives start to bother me.

what do you use
Old Jun 8, 2007, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My evo's recaro seat never give me anything problem. That is even more comfortable than my Odyssey's seat. Since the recaro seat give me much more support or may be I am just not that fat.
Old Jun 8, 2007, 10:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nothere
I'm needing a little extra padding on my back side. wouldn't mind replacing the whole cover but I can't find anyone who sells either. long drives start to bother me.
Are you asking for additional padding on a real, fixed position race seat? You can order any of the seat padding from Sparco seats seperately, and there are various options for thickness.

If you're not actually racing in the seat and have it in the car for looks or for canyon carving, you can also cut a piece of memory foam to the right size/shape. That's pretty darn comfortable, and is something I've used for long hauls when I was driving the racecar to far away tracks (towing is so much nicer).
Old Jun 9, 2007, 06:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thanks peterg,

I had been thinking of the five hour drive to one of my "local" tracks.
I'll google memory foam.
Old Jun 9, 2007, 09:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nothere
I had been thinking of the five hour drive to one of my "local" tracks.
I'll google memory foam.
No need to Google it. It's a foam used for mattresses, pillows, or as a mattress topper. You can usually find it at a linen store (like Linens and Things) or at a mattress store. Your best bet is to buy a thin memory foam pillow and cut it down.

I try not to drive to the track in the racecar anymore (I own a trailer and SUV), but when I used to make the 4.5 hour drive from my house to Buttonwillow, the memory foam helped A LOT.

Good luck.