Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

NT01 In stock?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2007, 04:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NT01 In stock?

Anyone know of any dealer that has these in stock in a 255/40/17? Cant seem to find any. Thanks for any info you may have.

jeff
Old Jul 4, 2007, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
I just went to my local Discount Tire and had them order them, took bout a week to get em directly from nitto. I think i paid 187.50 a tire.
Old Aug 31, 2007, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

I looked up Discount Tire online as well.

Showing $178 for 255/40-17 that you mentioned.

...and $175 with my zip for 245/45-17. Total of $802 shipped. I might go with these next year...
Old Aug 31, 2007, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, Discount Tire Direct is a good source.

No sales tax (if you're not in one of the states that has a distribution center), free shipping-plus they usually have anywhere from a $10-$25 discount for ordering online. (currently it is $10)

I ordered mine and they came in 4 days.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...r=40&tc=NITHZ7
Old Sep 1, 2007, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

^^ Thanks for the update!

Going to be torn what to run next year - RA1, NT01 or new R888!
Old Sep 2, 2007, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by boomn29

Going to be torn what to run next year - RA1, NT01 or new R888!
Just finished up a 2-day HPDE at Putnam with the NT01's and, damn, these are nice tires!

After heeding the advise of those on this forum much wiser than I on such matters, I ran street tires all summer during track events to get a better understanding of the handling capabilities and limits of the car in a high performance environment. When my tires needed replacement, I reluctantly made the jump to R-compounds (with visions of them "letting loose" without warning and my Evo doing some "argricultural driving" or worse!)

I must say, that the NT01's provided consistent and predictable grip in situations where my Falkens would be left weeping in a corner somewhere. I can attest to this as I found myself much faster and smoother through corners; braking less, running out gear in situations where I hadn't before, and maintaining gear and speed in the heart of the powerband where I hadn't before.

I was also pleasantly surprised at the subtle yet predicatable feedback these tires provided when I pushed them a bit too much.

The NT01's would be similar to your Mom tapping you on the shoulder saying, "now, honey, why don't you turn that down a bit" versus your Dad screaming at the top of his lungs saying "TURN THAT CRAP OFF NOW!!" as the Falkens did

In the hands of a more seasoned driver, I'm sure they could find see differences in these versus other R-compunds, but from a relative neophite coming from street tires to these, it was one of the best things I've done to the car.
Old Sep 3, 2007, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by goforwand
Just finished up a 2-day HPDE at Putnam with the NT01's and, damn, these are nice tires!

After heeding the advise of those on this forum much wiser than I on such matters, I ran street tires all summer during track events to get a better understanding of the handling capabilities and limits of the car in a high performance environment. When my tires needed replacement, I reluctantly made the jump to R-compounds (with visions of them "letting loose" without warning and my Evo doing some "argricultural driving" or worse!)

I must say, that the NT01's provided consistent and predictable grip in situations where my Falkens would be left weeping in a corner somewhere. I can attest to this as I found myself much faster and smoother through corners; braking less, running out gear in situations where I hadn't before, and maintaining gear and speed in the heart of the powerband where I hadn't before.

I was also pleasantly surprised at the subtle yet predicatable feedback these tires provided when I pushed them a bit too much.

The NT01's would be similar to your Mom tapping you on the shoulder saying, "now, honey, why don't you turn that down a bit" versus your Dad screaming at the top of his lungs saying "TURN THAT CRAP OFF NOW!!" as the Falkens did

In the hands of a more seasoned driver, I'm sure they could find see differences in these versus other R-compunds, but from a relative neophite coming from street tires to these, it was one of the best things I've done to the car.
Glad you liked them

just got new NT01's re-mounted on the wheels....

lordy am I itching to back out & play after being on street tires for a year!!

n
Old Sep 4, 2007, 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by goforwand

Glad to hear somebody learning the right way! I did the same, went through my stock Advans first, then remounted some more Advans and did another 2 days on-track. At that point I could definitely tell my tires were the limiting factor on my driving; and my instructor at the event agreed. Bought RA1's for my next event and they're holding up nicely really.

What tire pressures (hot) were you running with the NT01's? How many sessions did you put on them the each day and how did they wear? Curious if they're showing wear right off the bat or not. The RA1's howled at full tread worse than my Advans did!

Good to hear some feedback on the NT01's!
Old Sep 4, 2007, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by boomn29
What tire pressures (hot) were you running with the NT01's? How many sessions did you put on them the each day and how did they wear? Curious if they're showing wear right off the bat or not. The RA1's howled at full tread worse than my Advans did!

Good to hear some feedback on the NT01's!
They were very consistent at 42 front/40 rear for a total of 6 25-30 minute sessions over the two days.

I "ghetto" heat cycled them by driving around in circles in a parking lot and put some street miles on, so don't know how much good that did in the end ; the only real wear is on the front inside edges.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 03:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nils
Glad you liked them

just got new NT01's re-mounted on the wheels....

lordy am I itching to back out & play after being on street tires for a year!!

n
i dun like you.

edit: man, do you run a car cover? lol. or is that bad boy a bra? nice tow hook, poor knees
Old Sep 6, 2007, 06:16 AM
Evolving Member

Looks like a mechanics drop cloth.

I ended up getting a set of R888's in 255/40/17 from Robi and they are WAAAAAAAYYYY wider than the RA1's in the same size. At full tread depth I knocked just over a second off my best time at Hallett vs RA1's on their death bed when they are the fastest.

The 255 R888's are wider than an MT 275 drag radial.

jeff
Old Sep 6, 2007, 07:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by swordfish
Looks like a mechanics drop cloth.

yup... its just one of those craftsman engine/fender panel protection thingies.... like my name of it? ha ha....

triple 8's are good too... I gained about a second over the RA-1's gooing over to NT01's.

n
Old Sep 6, 2007, 07:20 AM
Evolving Member

The NT01's are a better price that the triple 8's but at the time no one had NT01's in my size. Over the winter I will be tooling up for 18x9.5's and 275's or 285's. Those seem to always be in stock.

jeff