Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Lime Rock SCCA T2

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2007, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OPPS Robi on Mitches log-on...

Great win!(even nicer to see you got the curse of not winning without me FIXED lol) looks like the top three qualifiers had close to equal cars (an Evo at a momentum track roflmfao) but WTZ was a cagie LRP vet and got a great jump! I think Zigs car broke a camber bolt in that video..(we have upgraded these parts now.....) first (and then a few other parts after the spin....)
Old Jul 30, 2007, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow! Great write up looking forward to hear Pocono!
Old Jul 30, 2007, 11:55 AM
Evolving Member

I love CJ's write ups. Congrats to WTZ on his win and securing the top seat.

I am very glad that CJ's spin didn't result in any issues. I didn't feel like taking up body shop. lol
Old Jul 30, 2007, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tsurara
Hi Marty, I think that may have been CJs lap repeated, there was no way I was running that fast, my car was absolutely useless with those tires and stock suspension at that weight. Maybe a big tire deal will fall through before Pocono, who knows.

Yes I agree, I cant help you with tires but I do have a nice suspension Im getting ready to sell

Marty
Old Jul 31, 2007, 01:37 PM
Evolving Member

Cool

Here is a short clip of the start...looks like Don Knowles was brake boosting just like I was and had some issues, which totally hosed me and I ended up blocked in from all sides

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEJ0uR6Mf3w

Here is a video of the spin, which upon further review was more of a front end push (maybe a little left foot braking could have recovered this...hmmm... hindsight) that lead to a spin when the tires hit that wet grass (while I'm trying to get her restarted, check out the lake in front of me.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHatBvQDtF4

Enjoy!

Last edited by VR4orceCJ; Jul 31, 2007 at 01:41 PM.
Old Jul 31, 2007, 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

Wow CJ, that could have been real bad in a crowd, glad you made it out ok!!
Old Jul 31, 2007, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by VR4orceCJ
Here is a short clip of the start...looks like Don Knowles was brake boosting just like I was and had some issues, which totally hosed me and I ended up blocked in from all sides

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEJ0uR6Mf3w

Here is a video of the spin, which upon further review was more of a front end push (maybe a little left foot braking could have recovered this...hmmm... hindsight) that lead to a spin when the tires hit that wet grass (while I'm trying to get her restarted, check out the lake in front of me.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHatBvQDtF4

Enjoy!
You spun because you were staying way too tight through 1.

Scorke
Old Jul 31, 2007, 03:14 PM
Evolving Member

Cool

Originally Posted by scorke
You spun because you were staying way too tight through 1.

Scorke
I'll try to be nice... really??. did you see the car I dove inside and was still off my left rear corner... I know the fast line, but when you're racing it's not always available. I share the video so others can see what happens during these races...believe it or not I made this same line work the day before with better track conditions. Yup...I screwed up, but the AS car in front of me for 5 laps was holding me up and if I just stayed behind him the two cars you can see in front of me would have gotten away anyway, so... as they say at Skip Barber's School (Lime Rock is owned by Skip)... "Whatta ya want to live forever!"
Old Jul 31, 2007, 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

Cool

Originally Posted by Tsurara
Wow CJ, that could have been real bad in a crowd, glad you made it out ok!!
Yup...that is why Bill didn't fair as well the year before since his spin was at the start and T2 ran with the SSB/C crowd... I was lucky to have an Ole' Pro like Don coming at me...then again if I didn't get stuck behind him at the start I wouldn't have been there to begin with oh well that is racin!

See you at Pocono!
Old Jul 31, 2007, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by VR4orceCJ
I'll try to be nice... really??. did you see the car I dove inside and was still off my left rear corner... I know the fast line, but when you're racing it's not always available. I share the video so others can see what happens during these races...believe it or not I made this same line work the day before with better track conditions. Yup...I screwed up, but the AS car in front of me for 5 laps was holding me up and if I just stayed behind him the two cars you can see in front of me would have gotten away anyway, so... as they say at Skip Barber's School (Lime Rock is owned by Skip)... "Whatta ya want to live forever!"
Yeah your right, I guess you could of maybe gone out a lil wider at about 54/55 seconds, the fact that he was an AS car would of made me not too concerned about him damn suckers slowing us down.

Scorke
Old Jul 31, 2007, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by scorke
Yeah your right, I guess you could of maybe gone out a lil wider at about 54/55 seconds, the fact that he was an AS car would of made me not too concerned about him damn suckers slowing us down.

Scorke
Well the fact that its an AS car has another issue, besides them slowing us down in the twisties, My bigger concern is that I have an 06 40k (with mods) Evo and they have an old POS mustang or F body that can be had used for under 10k and junk yards full of cheap used parts. Trust me, they are not afraid to trade paint.

Marty
Old Aug 1, 2007, 08:58 AM
wtz
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi All,
Don Knowles' Solstice did not care for brake boosting at the start. His ECU interpreted it as some form of sudden acceleration and put the car into limp mode. Gee, I wish I had'nt told him to try that. Sorta...
Cheers,
Old Aug 1, 2007, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wtz
Hi All,
Don Knowles' Solstice did not care for brake boosting at the start. His ECU interpreted it as some form of sudden acceleration and put the car into limp mode. Gee, I wish I had'nt told him to try that. Sorta...
Cheers,
Maybe the Lotus guy will fall for that at Pocono?
Old Aug 1, 2007, 10:49 AM
Evolving Member

Cool

Originally Posted by wtz
Hi All,
Cheers,
ahhh....clears things up a bit... you know they will have that ECU completely reprogrammed before VIR and/or Pocono...it will be interesting to see what it has
Old Aug 1, 2007, 11:06 AM
Account Disabled

What track layout at Pocono? i might be able to provide some good video. I"ve done every config a million times and I have some really cool tricks if you're running the double infield.

Kyle

Last edited by kingkyle; Aug 1, 2007 at 11:09 AM.

Quick Reply: Lime Rock SCCA T2