Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Leaving for X Games this morning

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2007, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
evo ftw in the x
Old Jul 31, 2007, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sucks it had to be a practice jump but it happens. Good luck getting back in the hunt.
Old Jul 31, 2007, 11:52 PM
Account Disabled

We uploaded some pictures from today's jump practice and from the service after. Things really could have gone better. Bill is on his way out tomorrow AM to help with the reconstruction efforts.

These pictures were taken by Isabel Parra. They're probably the first from the X Games up on any forum. More will come tomorrow.

http://www.rlagemann.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=328
Old Jul 31, 2007, 11:59 PM
Evolved Member

Wow that Evo got hurt! Best of luck to your team!
Old Aug 1, 2007, 04:45 AM
Evolving Member

Good luck and make us proud. I can't to see an evo flying in the X.
Old Aug 1, 2007, 06:24 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Bimmubishi
Mike, thanks for being supportive man. I know that you guys have had some bad luck this year too. If anyone should be commended for tenacity it should be you guys. Today was really tough. I just wrote a long post about it but we're at a rental house with a bad internet connection and I think it didn't post. We are about to spend the night fixing the car. The practice jump was insane. The cars were flying 40 feet with a 5 or 10 foot safe landing area.

Ramana nailed the practice jump perfectly and went for one last round. He thinks that he was only about a few feet off his mark and the car bounced off the crest of the table top and onto it's nose. After dragging on the nose for a few feet, the nose of the car caught on the ground and it flipped end over end. It was absolutely surreal. We stood there, cameras rolling incredulous to what just happened. The car was completely bashed and all for a practice jump. We'll post pictures soon. I know that your car suffered a similar fate, without the rollover. Everyone keep posted. We have a car that looks like it was run over by a steam roller in the driveway of a rental house. We have a few days to make it drive again because there is no way that this team will fall short of it's goals here in CA. Please show your support for Ramana and Mark, Lan Evo 7, car #74

-Alex----pictures to follow.
Hey Alex,

Thank you for the comments - I just heard this morning about the #74 car - I wish I were out there to help everyone - sounds like the EVO's need it. We fly nose heavy and further than the other cars, and it may not be a good thing. I have pictures of your actual roll on my files - with your permission I can post them for you so people can see just how bad it was.

Our pictures of the jump soon - good luck Alex you have some sleepless nights ahead of you.

Mike Huml
SBR Inc.
Old Aug 1, 2007, 06:48 AM
Account Disabled

X games practice

Picture makes me want to say "Just the good ole boys.... never meaning no harm"... showing my age.

UGG - we need to make it to the show so we can show Subaru - but this jump is tearing up the EVO's.

Mike Huml
SBR Inc.
Old Aug 1, 2007, 07:21 AM
Former Sponsor

^^^^^

Why would that tear the car up? It looks like a normal sunday cruise. Just need to find a way to keep that nose up if its possible.

Represent guys!

I love the X Games and TiVo!
Old Aug 1, 2007, 07:33 AM
Account Disabled

Mike-feel free to post them. Maybe if you have a couple for comparison sake so people can see a good landing, then a bad one.
Old Aug 1, 2007, 07:46 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Jrod@Buschur
^^^^^

Why would that tear the car up? It looks like a normal sunday cruise. Just need to find a way to keep that nose up if its possible.

Represent guys!

I love the X Games and TiVo!
LOL - the guys suggested someone get in the trunk - we cannot find any volunteers!

Thank you Jrod - you guys keep up the good work over there in OH.

Mike Huml
SBR Inc.
Old Aug 1, 2007, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Man thats awesome! GL Guys!
Old Aug 1, 2007, 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

Wow that is just insane! Can i ask why the heck they are making you jump that far? Never seen that in a real rally before. Next they should make you guys to tricks like the freestyle mx'ers. Good luck to both teams tho!
Old Aug 1, 2007, 07:50 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Bimmubishi
Mike-feel free to post them. Maybe if you have a couple for comparison sake so people can see a good landing, then a bad one.
I wish I had your first landing - I asked for them from my camera guy on the ground in LA, I will post them if he has them.

I only have the bad landing - man I hope you guys can get it back together!

I am glad everyone is o.k.

Mike Huml
SBR Inc.
Old Aug 1, 2007, 07:52 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by jerdeitzel
Wow that is just insane! Can i ask why the heck they are making you jump that far? Never seen that in a real rally before. Next they should make you guys to tricks like the freestyle mx'ers. Good luck to both teams tho!
Right now, I am wondering why we are jumping so far as well... damn Ken Block and Stunt Junkies... we are jumping over another car in the super special on Sunday - at least that is the plan as of right now.

Mike Huml
SBR Inc.
Old Aug 1, 2007, 01:07 PM
Account Disabled

Time to set things straight -

'

You may do things different where you are from - this is how we roll.

This is my brother Nick - and he is proud of his flat tire he got on the way to X games in the rig, at least it looks that way!

Mike Huml
SBR Inc.

Quick Reply: Leaving for X Games this morning