Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Redline Time Attack - Summit Point, WV September 29th-30th

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2007, 10:57 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Redline Time Attack - Summit Point, WV September 29th-30th

Hello everyone! It's that time again. Redline Time Attack will be visiting Summit Point Raceway in West Virginia for the 2nd year in a row. We are looking forward to this event with a lot of anticipation. Our inaugural event last year was a success and we expect this year's event to be nothing short of outstanding.

More and more top tuner companies and racers are expressing interest in coming out and being involved. We will be expanding our High Performance Driving Event on the Saturday of the event with formal instruction available to everyone (and mandatory for first timers). We're working on a much larger vendor midway and manufacturer presence this year, including representation from tire manufacturers and vehicle manufacturers.

For those of you interested in taking your car out on the track, we have kept our entry fees very reasonable for this year. The entry fee for Saturday's High Performance Driving Event is only $175 and you can expect to receive 2.5 hours of On Track time. There is no racing on Saturday, simply hot lapping and practice.

The entry fee for the Redline Time Attack on Sunday is only $200. If you want to attend both days of the event, the entry fee is only $350.

Here is a link to our registration page for the event:

http://redlinetimeattack.com/index-6Summit07.htm

We are working on a couple of ideas for a pre-event promotional date. Please visit our website for updates on what you can expect to see at the event (drivers, teams, vendors, entertainment, etc). Spectator entry fee for the event will only be $15 (good for both days)... and if you get your hands on one of our event promotional fliers, those are good for $5 off (you will also be able to download the coupon from our website).

If you have any questions for me, please post them here. You can also call us if you have a question that you need answered quickly. We hope to see some of you out at the track!

Nikolas
Old Aug 2, 2007, 11:00 AM
Account Disabled

What config are you running...
Old Aug 2, 2007, 01:29 PM
Former Sponsor

We will be using the same configuration we used last year, as depicted on the track map displayed on the website (to include the Karussel).
Old Aug 2, 2007, 02:47 PM
Evolving Member

^^ excellent question

^ Rumor had it that the configuration had changed and there would be no karussel. But that's the best part of the track!!
Old Aug 2, 2007, 02:48 PM
Evolving Member

What time do the gates open so racers can get setup in the paddock on saturday?
Old Aug 2, 2007, 02:56 PM
Former Sponsor

The gates will open no later than 7am... but we will more than likely try to talk the track into opening the gates at 6:30am for you early birds. :-)
Old Aug 2, 2007, 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

the pic is of summit Main.
Old Aug 3, 2007, 07:44 AM
Former Sponsor

Here is the configuration of the Shenandoah Circuit we will be using, as visible on the website:

http://redlinetimeattack.com/IMAGES/summit2lg.png
Old Aug 3, 2007, 08:41 AM
Evolving Member

Is the $175 HPDE with an instructor or no? What is included as part of the $50 High Performance Driving School?
Old Aug 3, 2007, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm guessing you guys mean "carousel," or is there some new German feature named a Karussel?
Old Aug 3, 2007, 09:49 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
I'm guessing you guys mean "carousel," or is there some new German feature named a Karussel?
It's a replica of the "karussel" from the Ring. I'm not much of a fan of it since it tends to be unfriendly to low hanging parts of cars. Not sure if AMS could run their front splitter in there, for example.

BTW, I just signed up for this event today. My first time trial...
Old Aug 3, 2007, 11:53 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Yeah, I think the German name for the corner is "Karussell"
Old Aug 3, 2007, 11:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by EVO8LTW
It's a replica of the "karussel" from the Ring. I'm not much of a fan of it since it tends to be unfriendly to low hanging parts of cars. Not sure if AMS could run their front splitter in there, for example.

BTW, I just signed up for this event today. My first time trial...
I know that both AMS and JIC ran their cars through the corner last year. They may have experienced some issues, but they both soldiered on and ran some damn fast lap times.
Old Aug 3, 2007, 11:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by porque
Is the $175 HPDE with an instructor or no? What is included as part of the $50 High Performance Driving School?
The $175 is the driver registration fee and the High Performance Driving School will actually be a formal driving school. Dedicated instructors, class room instruction, etc. We are hiring the professionals over at Get Fast to run our school for us at this event. the driving school is mandatory for all first timers and recommended for Novices or anyone else looking to get up to speed safely or wring that extra bit of time out of their car. It's worth every penny as far as I'm concerned.
Old Aug 3, 2007, 03:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Nikolas@Redline
The $175 is the driver registration fee and the High Performance Driving School will actually be a formal driving school. Dedicated instructors, class room instruction, etc. We are hiring the professionals over at Get Fast to run our school for us at this event. the driving school is mandatory for all first timers and recommended for Novices or anyone else looking to get up to speed safely or wring that extra bit of time out of their car. It's worth every penny as far as I'm concerned.
Ok, let me get this straight. As a first timer I'd have to pay $175 for the HPDE and then register for the School for an extra $50?

Quick Reply: Redline Time Attack - Summit Point, WV September 29th-30th