Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Sold the Evo, New Racecar

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2007, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
good luck percy
Old Aug 6, 2007, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best of luck to you Percy, I'm eyeing the Honda Challenge classes for next year as well. The Evo is just too expensive to race for my meager budget.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Yes I also wish you the best of luck.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats Percy, I know you've been looking for a long time. I've exchanged a lot of PM's with Percy and he's been kind enough to share his opinions on the overall costs of tracking an Evo vs other cars - like a Honda Challenge car for example. Glad to see you found something good!

Originally Posted by 992gnt
Best of luck to you Percy, I'm eyeing the Honda Challenge classes for next year as well. The Evo is just too expensive to race for my meager budget.
Yep, I'm starting to learn this! Might be seriously shopping something next year to trailer.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 10:44 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks guys!
Old Aug 7, 2007, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Good luck dude, what you did makes perfect sense from a financial perspective. If your are into tracking then it makes sense to go with something cheap and easy to maintain. The EVO is not cheap to take to the track ...
Old Aug 7, 2007, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

Completely agree with everybody responses. Evo is very expansive and whoever tracks or starts to track now that!
Old Aug 7, 2007, 11:20 AM
Evolving Member

Again,

thanks guys. It will be a new adventure. My goal now is to be faster in the honda than I was in th eEvo within the next year I think it's entirely possible. I still look forward to one day seeing an Evo in one of the serious race series, ie, SWC, ALMS...but I cannot see one being competitive. they will throw too much weight on it. turbo AWD cars truly are "cheater" cars, it is simply too easy to make them crazy fast, and difficult to regulate them. One thing I am looking forward to is an honest assessment of my driving skill in a car that will not allow me to "point and shoot"...rely on the mountain of torque and crazy levels of grip (relatively, as my Evo was tame by the standard of many RR and TT Evos). I'm looking forward to driving a light, tossable car that does not push on high speed corners, and that you have to keep the momentum up through the turns to get a fast laptime. The Evo is a car that does have a tendency to mask skill, or the lack thereof in many instances. One of the reasons I enjoy indoor Karting
Old Aug 7, 2007, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Percywork
Again,

thanks guys. It will be a new adventure. My goal now is to be faster in the honda than I was in th eEvo within the next year I think it's entirely possible. I still look forward to one day seeing an Evo in one of the serious race series, ie, SWC, ALMS...but I cannot see one being competitive. they will throw too much weight on it. turbo AWD cars truly are "cheater" cars, it is simply too easy to make them crazy fast, and difficult to regulate them. One thing I am looking forward to is an honest assessment of my driving skill in a car that will not allow me to "point and shoot"...rely on the mountain of torque and crazy levels of grip (relatively, as my Evo was tame by the standard of many RR and TT Evos). I'm looking forward to driving a light, tossable car that does not push on high speed corners, and that you have to keep the momentum up through the turns to get a fast laptime. The Evo is a car that does have a tendency to mask skill, or the lack thereof in many instances. One of the reasons I enjoy indoor Karting
Percy -

+1. I couldn't have said it better, except that in my case, substitute the word "Miata" for "Honda."
Old Aug 7, 2007, 03:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by robi
must have missed this too???

Robi,

He got the car wrong...you were not beaten by a CRX, it was a civic hatch.
At the St. Eustache event the unlimited FWD winnner was:

1st Place 58.784 Jean-Louis Arpin - 1991 Civic

Your winning time for modified AWD class was:
Robert Fuller RobiSpec EVO - 58.926

Not being an ***...just stating the facts...

I know that you would have been faster if you knew the track...but still, and indication of how fast a well-prepared Hybrid Honda can be with a good driver at

the helm..

Peace.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 03:39 PM

mm

I have been thinking on the same lines as percy.

I am keeping the EVO for street/freeway racing......(lambo killer!!)

but have been thinking about a cheap track car to maintain or even a shifter kart.

Shifter Kart or Honda/Miata ?

pablo
Old Aug 7, 2007, 03:43 PM
Evolving Member

Get a car.

Shifter's are CRAZY expensive, even stock honda class. The engines require frequent re-builds, tires, upkeep...most guys I know that race shifters spend more than Honda or Miata guys, and approach the costs or exceed them, of running an Evo. Of course this is if you want to race. IF you just want to run laps, I'd just get a fast TAG package, Parilla 125... they still have 30 HP and are crazy fast. Lot's of opportunity to race them as well, and it is MUCH cheaper than shifters, or cars.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 03:51 PM
Evolving Member

that look Sick

i have few friends who love crx one of them have 370whp and the other is 240whp

those cars are fun if you are intersted of selling it let me know coz my friends are gonna be intersted even to ship it all the way to qatar
Old Aug 7, 2007, 09:29 PM
Former Sponsor

[QUOTE=Percywork;4614005]Well...

The fastest honda Challenge H1 cars are actually routinely faster than Evos up to say, TTA levels of preparation. In norcal the H1 track record at t-hill is 1:59, in TTA 2:01.5 (an Evo). At infineon (sears) the H1 record is 1:49++, TTA record by an Evo is 1:51. Both cars were running Toyos, both cars running very develped suspensions (DMS on the Evo, JRZ ont he K20 Civic), both experienced drivers, with the Honda driver having a little bit of an edge on talent...

[QUOTE]

do I resemble this remark..lol.....and remember the evo was 3450.....with driver the honda prob wasn't 2000....and If you can handle a twitchy short wheelbase crx ANYTHING will be easier to drive...
Old Aug 7, 2007, 09:40 PM
Evolved Member

come back to the dark side i will provide brownies

Quick Reply: Sold the Evo, New Racecar