Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Sold the Evo, New Racecar

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2007, 08:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sold the Evo, New Racecar

Yes,

I'm going over to the darkside of Honda!
1991 CRX Si 2040 pounds, 215 WHP, Built B18c, ITR drivetrain, Koni 3011 double adjustable coilovers, Racetech seat, Carbon fibre hood, lexan side and rear windows, custom cage, fire system.

Will run it in ITE, TTA, and PTA in norcal next season. The EVo was fun, but this car will be a LOT cheaper to run, and just as fast when I get up to speed with it...

Percy
Attached Thumbnails Sold the Evo, New Racecar-supersmallcrx1.jpg   Sold the Evo, New Racecar-supersmallcrx2.jpg   Sold the Evo, New Racecar-supersmallcrx3.jpg  
Old Aug 5, 2007, 08:36 PM
Evolving Member

i went from honda to evo.. you went the other way.. you should come back to the darkside... we have cookies...
Old Aug 5, 2007, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

ah.. some one finally bought that crx.....
Old Aug 5, 2007, 08:37 PM
Evolving Member

Start racing your car and you might come back..$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
Old Aug 5, 2007, 08:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by whitersevo
ah.. some one finally bought that crx.....

You know the car?

Any interesting observations?
Old Aug 5, 2007, 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

yeah I know the car.. I live in the state you bought it from... i know you payed alot for it... it seems to be a nice car.. I would of went with my own build on it.. but if your not daily driving it, I would say its a great car..
Old Aug 5, 2007, 08:46 PM
Evolving Member

Actually I did not pay a lot for it...compared to every other H1 spec Honda I looked at in all the western united states I got a screaming deal, including the trailer...it was definitely a fair price. I could not daily drive it if I wanted to...it's a race car and completely illegal for the road in every way.

Last edited by Percywork; Aug 5, 2007 at 08:53 PM.
Old Aug 5, 2007, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

after I saw the result of time attack in one of tuner's magazine (forgot which one), one CRX was able to beat robispec evo. so I am not surprise you went the other direction, u must like race a lot.
Old Aug 5, 2007, 09:02 PM
Account Disabled

we have a crx setup here at the shop for autox and the occasionally road coarse and its an absolute blast to drive with its 60whp d series motor in it...it too weights just a tad over 2000 with driver...
Old Aug 5, 2007, 09:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by fugiwara
after I saw the result of time attack in one of tuner's magazine (forgot which one), one CRX was able to beat robispec evo. so I am not surprise you went the other direction, u must like race a lot.
must have missed this too???
Old Aug 5, 2007, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

Still tho AWD>>>FWD. I'm sure maintaing a honda is a bit easier though.
Old Aug 5, 2007, 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

Racing is very very $$$$$...Percy is headed down a good path.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 03:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Yeah, the CRX is very tough to beat for racing. Have to remember, you're racing with other cars in the same class. Pretty much every part you can think of has been thoroughy trashed and develeped for the CRX. Plus, it's a heck of a lot cheaper to maintain than the Evo.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
Never underestimate the little Hondas. They're very light and it doesn't take much power to make them fly.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 07:20 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by slicedbreadno2
Still tho AWD>>>FWD. I'm sure maintaing a honda is a bit easier though.

Well...

The fastest honda Challenge H1 cars are actually routinely faster than Evos up to say, TTA levels of preparation. In norcal the H1 track record at t-hill is 1:59, in TTA 2:01.5 (an Evo). At infineon (sears) the H1 record is 1:49++, TTA record by an Evo is 1:51. Both cars were running Toyos, both cars running very develped suspensions (DMS on the Evo, JRZ ont he K20 Civic), both experienced drivers, with the Honda driver having a little bit of an edge on talent...

Also remember that the Evo, w/o a lot of suspension development, behaves a lot like a FWD car..it is noseheavy, it responds to throttle to correct oversteering conditions, lift-off throttle helps correct understeering conditions. The Speed World Challenge Prep Acuras and Mazda's for example, FWD cars, are faster at Laguna Seca than the Muellerized Evo...so the AWD>>>FWD might be technically inherently true, but it can be overcome in actual circumstances. But these are Evo boards, and I won't be spending a lot of time lauding the merits on Hondas, in fact I probably won't be spending much time here at all anymore. It's been fun, and just though I would drop the news to anyone that might care...peace all.

Quick Reply: Sold the Evo, New Racecar