Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

SCCA Nats - Arrivals and Locations

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2007, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Dave Mac
That doesn't surprise me at all. I've run with Corey several times this year and he's just FLYING!!! I expect him to eat everyone up on the SoloII course as well. I'd place a bet on Corey taking it by 1.5 seconds.
My money's on Jerry Irvine driving Jake's ZZYZX EVO for Solo2 ... It's just depressing to drive against him
Old Sep 21, 2007, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DaWorstPlaya
My money's on Jerry Irvine driving Jake's ZZYZX EVO for Solo2 ... It's just depressing to drive against him
Are you talking Solo Nationals and STU next week?

Last edited by STirish; Sep 21, 2007 at 06:10 PM.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dave Mac
That doesn't surprise me at all. I've run with Corey several times this year and he's just FLYING!!! I expect him to eat everyone up on the SoloII course as well. I'd place a bet on Corey taking it by 1.5 seconds.
I'll take that bet, better yet how much time do you think he'll have on the quickest BMW if there's good weather?

Warr,

Good times, holding your own out there.
Navid had some lag issues when I saw the STi run last month, maybe more of a track power curve?
The fast guys really step it up Sun morning (or sandbag for the Challenge rounds).

I bet T. Berry is flying in BSP, hopefully Silencer can get he car dialed tomorrow for STU.

Rick
Old Sep 21, 2007, 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I checked the BSP scores and yeah...Berry is flying as well as Grice. They're in that same BSP champ car as most of you know anyway, and they are both faster than I am right now. I'm not far off Grice, but Berry is up pretty close to Daddio. Amazing...

FYI, I weighed in at 3084 at impound. Nothing like Daddio and some others, but lower than I've ever been. I had never been below 3100 before, but I took out the back seat for the first time as well as a few of the seatbelts/brackets. Still have the shoulder belts installed and rear speakers, so I might take those out tonight. Oh, got my magnets/stickers just in time before my heat ran (we're last heat), so that was lucky, too.

Last edited by Warrtalon; Sep 21, 2007 at 03:32 PM.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

great job warr... wish I was there and not here (at work)
Old Sep 21, 2007, 04:56 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the update, good to hear that evos are kicking *** in BSP, SM, and STU?
No sign of Bob Tunnel in SM?
Hows evobeatsti doing?
Old Sep 21, 2007, 05:22 PM
Evolving Member

saw the tunnel car listed in xp. still would like to see mark catch him.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

Don't think Tunnell has gotten good runs yet. He's been having problems. The only time I saw was a 32.5.

In the afternoon session, we got screwed. There was a LONGGGGGG delay between sessions due to the timing system, and by the time it got to the final heat, the clouds had rolled in. It held off for a little while, but then it started pouring, and we had to run on the slip'n'slide. We were in grid ready to roll when it came down, so no tire-swapping occurred. I was 10 seconds off with actually trying to launch and run the line hard. It was fun, and I had no previous experience in the wet, but it was also useless. At most, I got more work with the R/Ts and engrained the courses into my head a bit more.

If it doesn't dry up tomorrow, or if the course is clear of rubber and full of dirt, then my current position might stand. I'd rather actually get out there and compete, though, because I know I have plenty left to gain...
Old Sep 21, 2007, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by SS RX7 r2
Is Tage driving the '05 winning Evo again?

Good luck Warr in SM, and Grice in BSP out there. Prob the two toughest classes!

Rick
Frank and Aaron are running the '05 Showcase car in BSP and Tage is running it in SM for Nats. I don't know who is running what for the Pro.

Good job so far Warrtalon! I'll be out there Sat. at around 1pm.

EVOlutionary
Old Sep 21, 2007, 07:41 PM
Evolving Member

Warr, can you tell me how Allan Densmore/ Cal Craner are doing in SM2? They are Idaho boys driving Gary Thomasons ex national winning zo6.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Cal is about 4 seconds back from Eric. I don't see Allan listed. . .
Old Sep 21, 2007, 08:08 PM
Evolving Member

BTW, full results for the first day prosolo is listed on the SCCA.org site.

Originally Posted by SS RX7 r2
I'll take that bet, better yet how much time do you think he'll have on the quickest BMW if there's good weather?

Rick
Hey Rick, I will take the bid on the side of Corey. If I lose put me down for a set of camber plates at "full" price, if I win I need a discount.

Like Dave Mac, I have seen Corey in action all year and I think he will take it. Maybe not 1.5 seconds, but close to a second regardless the weather at the Pros.

P.S. With your wing Neary is 0.1 second slower than Corey on the last event, without the wing Neary is 0.6 second slower. How is that for an advertisement?
Old Sep 21, 2007, 08:11 PM
Evolving Member

damn man, i forgot all about this! ****.

Good luck!!!!
Old Sep 21, 2007, 08:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dannykao
BTW, full results for the first day prosolo is listed on the SCCA.org site.

http://www.scca.com/documents/result...ROVISIONAL.pdf
Old Sep 21, 2007, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOlutionary
Cal is about 4 seconds back from Eric. I don't see Allan listed. . .
Allan is just ahead of Cal in 3rd 3.8 seconds behind Erik who is killing everyone.

I'm in 3rd due to us getting rained out in the 2nd session. Not sure if it will be dry by tomorrow morning or not, but the rubber is probably washed away and dirt spread over the lines. We run last heat, so it may be clear by then, but probably not so good for the first few heats, though they already got clean runs in the 2nd session.

Quick Reply: SCCA Nats - Arrivals and Locations