Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

SCCA Nats - Arrivals and Locations

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2007, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by evobeatsti
btw, your car is the best looking evo i have ever seen, i want that aero!
Sorry dude, I just checked this thread. If you still need a ride I will be leaving Amerisuites at 6:15am. Meet me in the lobby before then if you need a ride. If you're all set, then good luck tomorrow and I'll see you in grid.

EVOlutionary

p.s. Thanks for the props on the car
Old Sep 24, 2007, 08:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SS RX7 r2
Glad Evos can pull the head w/o pulling the motor.

It's good to have you guys out there to help out of towners.
Heh, those motors come out easy enough. The last clutch job I did I opted to pull the motor instead of the transmission.

It was nice dealing with everything right on top, though.

-Jon
Old Sep 24, 2007, 10:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, we gave it the old college try! They kicked us out of the dealership before we were done. We ran into some issues with the clutch and timing and could not finish the job.

I was in the same situation last year and rushed to install my front diff the day of the event and ended up grenading the transfer case. We are going to give up running in SM and shoot for XP on Thursday and Friday.

--Navid
Old Sep 25, 2007, 06:50 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Navid
Well, we gave it the old college try! They kicked us out of the dealership before we were done. We ran into some issues with the clutch and timing and could not finish the job.

I was in the same situation last year and rushed to install my front diff the day of the event and ended up grenading the transfer case. We are going to give up running in SM and shoot for XP on Thursday and Friday.

--Navid
I heard from Jake last night, Navid. Sorry to hear that. I think your plan for XP is EXCELLENT! Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

I was able to fix Jake's Evo. Runs like a champ now. Thanks for the tip on the seat bolts - worked like a charm!
Old Sep 25, 2007, 07:07 AM

Thanks Steve! I'm glad to hear about Jake's car. I may just take you up on your offer to help. We need all the hands we can get to pull the tranny and also fix the timing issue. We are at the far NorthWest corner of the lot in the black and silver Motorhome. I'm still in KC, but I'm leaving right now for Topeka.

--Navid
Old Sep 25, 2007, 07:34 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Navid
Thanks Steve! I'm glad to hear about Jake's car. I may just take you up on your offer to help. We need all the hands we can get to pull the tranny and also fix the timing issue. We are at the far NorthWest corner of the lot in the black and silver Motorhome. I'm still in KC, but I'm leaving right now for Topeka.

--Navid
I'll be heading out around 3ish. I'll give you a call.

And if we can't get the STI running, you can settle for XP #55, the 2.5 RS sitting in my garage. Other than bolting up the rear camber plates and some 110 in the tank, she's ready to roll.
Old Sep 25, 2007, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

well finished up today, sm seems like quite the evo class,
Mark is #1 by .1 seconds, sias is 2 and his codriver is 3 then it is mostly evo's in the top places except for some hondas. Clayton was only a few tenths off of jarrod clayton has a 44.3 clean and jarrod was a 43.6? if clayton hadnt misshifted, he would be right up there. I think the bsp evo is 4th and jarrods codriver is 5th with jarrod 6th or so?

as for me i am way back in 16th place with a time of 46.3 out of 23 cars and am just out to have fun tomorrow, i am truely outclassed driver wise at a national level.

good luck to everyone tomorrow, get some trophy's!
Old Sep 25, 2007, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tage is 3rd behind Sias with Lieber 4th, then you have one of the Honda guys at 5th. From 6th-10th, it's very tight within .2s with Sias' co-driver, Jarrod, and some other guys.

My first run with cold tires had a raw time good enough for 10th, but then I didn't improve over the next 2 runs due to poor driving on #2 and then the huge misshift (2-1 instead of 2-3) at the end of #3, but at least it was clean. That 44.3 may have been anywhere from 43.3-43.6, I guess, since I went to first and slowed way down on the fastest part of the course, but woulda coulda shoulda.
Old Sep 25, 2007, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
http://scca.com/eventresults.aspx?event=5632&hub=3

Results can be found here ... you can see the time differences within a class
Old Sep 25, 2007, 05:47 PM
Evolving Member

well finished up today, sm seems like quite the evo class,
Mark is #1 by .1 seconds, sias is 2 and his codriver is 3 then it is mostly evo's in the top places except for some hondas. Clayton was only a few tenths off of jarrod clayton has a 44.3 clean and jarrod was a 43.6? if clayton hadnt misshifted, he would be right up there. I think the bsp evo is 4th and jarrods codriver is 5th with jarrod 6th or so?

as for me i am way back in 16th place with a time of 46.3 out of 23 cars and am just out to have fun tomorrow, i am truely outclassed driver wise at a national level.

good luck to everyone tomorrow, get some trophy's!

thats not bad at all considering its your first time ever!

and thats good to hear that the evo's are holding it down

good luck riley and everyone else
Old Sep 25, 2007, 06:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Yep, Riley is doing great considering being fairly new to this. Clayton is doing awesome for his 1st time at Nats.

I bet if you ask eveyone in our class, 90% will say they didn't drive as well as they could have. There are a couple guys who said they ran awesome and couldn't do much better, but the majority of us know there was time left out on the course for one reason or another.

Tomorrow is another day to do it all over again and try to keep improving. Last year I was in 6th after the first day and fell back to 9th on the 2nd day. Hopefully I can do better this year. We'll see how it all plays out tomorrow. Good luck to everyone!

Jarrod
Old Sep 26, 2007, 06:11 PM
Evolving Member

Congratulations on 3rd place, Jarrod! You moved 3 places in the right direction this time! :-)

Originally Posted by EVOlutionary
Yep, Riley is doing great considering being fairly new to this. Clayton is doing awesome for his 1st time at Nats.

I bet if you ask eveyone in our class, 90% will say they didn't drive as well as they could have. There are a couple guys who said they ran awesome and couldn't do much better, but the majority of us know there was time left out on the course for one reason or another.

Tomorrow is another day to do it all over again and try to keep improving. Last year I was in 6th after the first day and fell back to 9th on the 2nd day. Hopefully I can do better this year. We'll see how it all plays out tomorrow. Good luck to everyone!

Jarrod
Old Sep 26, 2007, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

evo's dominated today, congratulations to everyone! i think this is the first year that a bimmer hasnt taken 1st in sm
Old Sep 26, 2007, 07:58 PM
Evolving Member

evo's dominated today, congratulations to everyone! i think this is the first year that a bimmer hasnt taken 1st in sm
Been five years, actually. An eagle talon driven by Dennis Grant in 2002 was the last non-BMW.

-Jon
Old Sep 26, 2007, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

well thanks john, are you going to be at octoberfast?

Quick Reply: SCCA Nats - Arrivals and Locations