Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

2007 SCCA T2 Runoffs - Marty #34 and CJ #58

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2007 | 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WarmPepsi
jesus. thats nuts. whats the min. weight listed? do they have to take any ballast like the evo does?

Can't believe they let them have that much rubber though, dang.
Not yet, I am sure they will be nerfed a bit after the runoffs. They were just classified in T2 a few months ago. GM put in a rather low height in the manual and added a suppliment for the camber to be at -2.5, I think. Since SCCA requires these specs from the manual, these cars also have that advantage as well. Bill or someone can correct me on this, obviously, but remember hearing this when I was speaking with the Phoenix crew about the cars. Very well designed and solid ride, though. Should be the new hot car for T2.
Old Oct 12, 2007 | 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tsurara
Not yet, I am sure they will be nerfed a bit after the runoffs. They were just classified in T2 a few months ago. GM put in a rather low height in the manual and added a suppliment for the camber to be at -2.5, I think. Since SCCA requires these specs from the manual, these cars also have that advantage as well. Bill or someone can correct me on this, obviously, but remember hearing this when I was speaking with the Phoenix crew about the cars. Very well designed and solid ride, though. Should be the new hot car for T2.
i see, now i understand why wtz bailed on the evo. Gotta run whats gonna give you the best chance of winning, and looks like the pontiac came in with all the jokers up the sleeve
Old Oct 14, 2007 | 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Final Results:

http://www.scca.org/documents/result...43_T2_Race.pdf
Old Oct 14, 2007 | 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

Good Lord, Knowles was smoking fast out there.

Good showing, 7th, 10th and 18th from the Evo guys and Santos with the hard charger award.

wtz, real sorry about the race, I know how hard you worked this year, I think Knowles had the edge as far as testing time, really hope you'll be back next year.

Last edited by Tsurara; Oct 14, 2007 at 01:14 PM.
Old Oct 15, 2007 | 10:34 AM
Evolving Member

robispec 2nd in T2

Congrats to Robert Fuller as crew chief/suspension guru for taking 2nd with Zeigler at the wheel. They had to use a Pontiac to do it (cough) but Fuller stepped up and helped make an impressive showing.

Robispec certainly was a major contributor to the Goodsport Racing championship winning season (PTA and TTA in '07) as well.
Old Oct 15, 2007 | 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

yeah.... congrats guys!

new chassis, I bet you guys were in a rush to sort it out... great showing!

n
Old Oct 15, 2007 | 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

Does this mean I can talk to Robi now or is he still off limits ?
Old Oct 15, 2007 | 02:31 PM
Evolving Member

Cool

So FINALLY Sunday arrived... For the last month plus Marty and I, along with our sponsors, have worked endlessly to prep these cars for this one day. My car was seriously damaged in a high speed crash at Pocono Raceway and needed all kinds of work. The paint on my #58 car was still drying as we put it in the trailer for Topeka so it was no where near sorted or even tested. Marty's #34 had just had the tranny bolted up and it needed plenty of sorting as well.

The weather was good...dry and pretty cool. Final touches to the cars and we lined them up. Marty qualed 14th and I 22nd...I'll leave Marty's race for him to describe as I never saw him after the start. So we roll out on to the track two by two, I'm on the outside. We do two warm-up laps and then come down the front straight for the green..right about then all hell breaks loose...everyone is looking for a hole to jam their car and move forward. I loop around the outside following the F-body Camaro in front of me...we move forward but then everyone stacks up trying to make it through turn 1. I gained a few spots and by turn three things started to clear up...well just a little.

I hammered along battling with a Subie that I cleared and then since I was unfamiliar with the track plowed the front end off the track since I took a 3rd gear turn in 4th gear (thus going to fast). I was able to keep it under control and used that right foot to power through a little grass and rejoin (maybe I'll get a little Speed Channel coverage for my improvised rally driving). I lost four spots in the process. Over the next several laps I moved my way back up and picked off cars one by one... an F-body, Lotus and M3...the Subie had a bit of his own bad luck and planted his car in to a tire wall. In the end I finished up 18th, which is at least eight slots lower than my orginial goal, but honestly I was glad to make the race after everything we went through I'm sure there was more, but I just got home after a 20 hour straight drive.

I attached a few pics of our paddock spaces and one of Marty being interviewed by Speed Channel... We should all be so proud, our own little Marty is going to be a big TV star

I'll be sure to post the date and time they will be airing our race.

I'll have plenty more action pics shortly...
Attached Thumbnails 2007 SCCA T2 Runoffs - Marty #34 and CJ #58-cj58-pit2.jpg   2007 SCCA T2 Runoffs - Marty #34 and CJ #58-cj58-pit75.jpg   2007 SCCA T2 Runoffs - Marty #34 and CJ #58-marty34-pit275.jpg   2007 SCCA T2 Runoffs - Marty #34 and CJ #58-marty34-pit75.jpg   2007 SCCA T2 Runoffs - Marty #34 and CJ #58-marty-speed75.jpg  

Old Oct 15, 2007 | 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

Hey guys, congrats on doing so well, really proud of you both, hope I can make it next year.

CJ: the fact you recovered so quickly after the crash is nothing short of amazing, your car was in rough shape!!
Old Oct 15, 2007 | 03:09 PM
Evolving Member

Cool

Originally Posted by Tsurara
Hey guys, congrats on doing so well, really proud of you both, hope I can make it next year.

CJ: the fact you recovered so quickly after the crash is nothing short of amazing, your car was in rough shape!!

Yeah... It was a huge undertaking..especially since the block, tranny and transfer case all were cracked...not to mention three of my ribs I'm glad it is back in one piece...finally!
Attached Thumbnails 2007 SCCA T2 Runoffs - Marty #34 and CJ #58-wreckedevo.jpg  

Last edited by VR4orceCJ; Oct 15, 2007 at 03:52 PM.
Old Oct 16, 2007 | 07:07 AM
Evolving Member

Good Job guys. I was sitting at 8 and 9 watching and it looked like that one suby tried to pass a 350z on the outside there and ended up in the tires. It looked like you guys did a good job of working your way up the field. The GXP's were just so flat through that part of the course compared to every other car there. You could tell they could carry way more MPH through those turns at least.
Old Oct 16, 2007 | 07:14 AM
Evolving Member

Cool

A few pics from raceday:
Attached Thumbnails 2007 SCCA T2 Runoffs - Marty #34 and CJ #58-natiionalsccat2race-4978.jpg   2007 SCCA T2 Runoffs - Marty #34 and CJ #58-natiionalsccat2race-4984.jpg   2007 SCCA T2 Runoffs - Marty #34 and CJ #58-natiionalsccat2race-5011.jpg   2007 SCCA T2 Runoffs - Marty #34 and CJ #58-natiionalsccat2race-5012.jpg   2007 SCCA T2 Runoffs - Marty #34 and CJ #58-natiionalsccat2race-5082.jpg  

Old Oct 16, 2007 | 08:11 AM
spt
Evolved Member

Great job CJ & Marty. I'm amazed after all the crap you both had to go through, you were still able to get both cars to compete on race day. That's dedication.
Old Oct 16, 2007 | 11:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by VR4orceCJ
Yeah... It was a huge undertaking..especially since the block, tranny and transfer case all were cracked...not to mention three of my ribs I'm glad it is back in one piece...finally!

that pic just gives me flashbacks of an unhappy time.
Old Oct 16, 2007 | 12:05 PM
Evolving Member

Cool

Originally Posted by VIPGarage
that pic just gives me flashbacks of an unhappy time.
This one should make you feel better!
Attached Thumbnails 2007 SCCA T2 Runoffs - Marty #34 and CJ #58-natiionalsccat2race-5155.jpg  

Quick Reply: 2007 SCCA T2 Runoffs - Marty #34 and CJ #58