Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Pikes Peak or bust!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2008, 04:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats Dave and everyone involved. Very happy for all of you and glad to see all the hard work pay off!
Old Aug 16, 2008, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
There's a pic and a short blurb about you in the October 2008 GRASSROOTS MOTORSPORTS mag.

Page 149, bottom right corner . . . .

Looks like it's from a while back though . . .
Old Aug 18, 2008, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOlutionary
There's a pic and a short blurb about you in the October 2008 GRASSROOTS MOTORSPORTS mag.

Page 149, bottom right corner . . . .

Looks like it's from a while back though . . .
Yep, that was from our first outing in the car before alot of the parts made it onto the car. Its getting faster now that the driver's getting used to it.

Dave
Old Sep 19, 2008, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

For anyone interested and living in Colorado:

I'm planning on taking the Evo hillclimb car out to Colorado Off-Road Extreme this sunday to do a little testing on the car, and get some good footage for a new video. CORE is an motorsports park with a 2-3 mile dirt track on it, with jumps, hairpins and decently long 'straight aways.' It takes about an hour to get to from Downtown Denver. If you're interested in making the drive out there to check it out, I'd be happy to sling you around the track for a couple of laps as well. I'll be bringing an extra helmet with me (size Large). Bring cameras or video cameras if you've got 'em...I'm trying to get as much footage as I can. There's no cost to come to the park, but if you want to drive (don't get any ideas...I mean drive your own cars), its $20 for the day. There's nothing available on site, but there's a gas station in Deer Trail, so if its hot, make sure to bring enough to drink.

If you're thinking of going, please let me know and I'll get you my contact info. I'm guessing we'll be out there most of the afternoon. Also, probably a good idea to give me a call on Sunday before you hop in your car to check to make sure we're still out there and that we haven't run out of gas. E85 donations happily accepted!

Directions to CORE are as follows:

Located approximately 60 miles east of Denver on I-70. Take I-70 east to the Deer Trail exit. Turn right off the off ramp onto Cedar Street. Take Cedar street until it ends where it T's with 1st Ave. Turn left/east onto 1st Avenue, which becomes the service road for I-70 proceed down the Service road just over 5 miles to the second road that passes under I-70. Turn left onto that road and CORE is the first entrance on the right after you pass under the interstate.

Dave
Old Sep 22, 2008, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've just read your thread Dave.... so awesome. Nice work and happy rallying.