Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Runoffs clip

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2007, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tsurara
Very true.

Marty, are you and CJ going to write for a Swaybar this year? I'll be more than willing to pitch in my time for that, I'll deal with no springs for a damned 25mm rear sway. Does AMS make a prototype or something they can send them?

Hoping that theres a chance in hell for interior/cat removal, too.
We put in for both sway bar and springs last year and were denied. This year Ill put in for both again as well as 9.5 inch rims and 275 tires, what the hell. I will ask about cats as well but interior doesnt matter to me as Im at min weight and I still run my car on the street.
Marty
Old Oct 24, 2007, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by upstatescevo
the guy drivin that subaru sucked
I don't mean to kiss the STi drivers ***, but I can guarantee the driver would drive circles around you. I mean, I don't recall seeing you out there or anything. Marty did have a better drive though.

Last edited by Tsurara; Oct 24, 2007 at 08:18 PM.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

here is a runoff clip i thought i would share.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J3_Rk0WTOA
Old Oct 24, 2007, 11:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Originally Posted by Galant VR-4 #34
We put in for both sway bar and springs last year and were denied. This year Ill put in for both again as well as 9.5 inch rims and 275 tires, what the hell. I will ask about cats as well but interior doesnt matter to me as Im at min weight and I still run my car on the street.
Marty
Ya, that damn gxp just rotates so well in stock form (sometimes too much there lol). If we would get what marty suggested at a minimum and get the evo to rotate like we're used to in modified classes outside scca, we'd be back on top.

Last edited by Balrok; Oct 24, 2007 at 11:45 PM.
Old Oct 25, 2007, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Balrok
Ya, that damn gxp just rotates so well in stock form (sometimes too much there lol). If we would get what marty suggested at a minimum and get the evo to rotate like we're used to in modified classes outside scca, we'd be back on top.
Only issue is those GXPs really arent in "stock form" they were allowed a GM racing package called the ZOK which included all the items I mentioned above springs, sways, 275s and wheels. The package would be the equivalent of Ralli-art making a special evo package (for roadracing) and then having the SCCA CRB approve it. In true stock form, car to car would be much more favorable to the Evo. Funny thing is Evo weighs 500 pounds more than the GXP and can run up to 255 tires, the GXP can run 275s Who do you think can keep tires on their car easier
Marty
Old Oct 25, 2007, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Galant VR-4 #34
Only issue is those GXPs really arent in "stock form" they were allowed a GM racing package called the ZOK which included all the items I mentioned above springs, sways, 275s and wheels. The package would be the equivalent of Ralli-art making a special evo package (for roadracing) and then having the SCCA CRB approve it. In true stock form, car to car would be much more favorable to the Evo. Funny thing is Evo weighs 500 pounds more than the GXP and can run up to 255 tires, the GXP can run 275s Who do you think can keep tires on their car easier
Marty
How does the SCCA claim that that sort of tire on that light of a car is necessary? I know you guys make more power but that is ridiculous....

Scorke
Old Oct 25, 2007, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tsurara
I don't mean to kiss the STi drivers ***, but I can guarantee the driver would drive circles around you. I mean, I don't recall seeing you out there or anything. Marty did have a better drive though.
Vivianni is a very good natural driver, he was trying his best to get up front early in that race and really burned his tires off his car. By the time I was going after him, he didnt have much left and looked a bit desperate out there. Also, when you are protecting your position, your lines never look good, this isnt a time attack, the only thing that matters is who was in front of whom when you cross the finish.
Marty
Old Oct 25, 2007, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scorke
How does the SCCA claim that that sort of tire on that light of a car is necessary? I know you guys make more power but that is ridiculous....

Scorke
Welllll lets just say GM/Phoenix played the game better than anyone else. They introduced (actually raced) the car late in the season so there really wasnt time for the board to slow them down. That said, how that package got approved before they ever put a tire on the track is beyond Me and the rest of the T2 racers NOT driving a GXP. The F body guys are pretty upset as well being that they have 245 tires and weigh more than the Evo and have been trying to get wider tires for years. The precedent is to put a car in the highest class possible and once it proves that it cannot be competetive, it is moved down a class. This is why the Evo started in T-1 and why the Lotus started in T-1 and why the Honda S2000 started in T-2 and is now in T-3. Somehow the GXP went straight to T-2. We do make roughly 50+ more whp than the GXPs but the power to weight is pretty close.
Marty
Old Oct 25, 2007, 01:43 PM
Evolving Member

Cool

ok...if everyone is gonna post stuff up what the heck. For those of you that read about our Runoffs saga you know that I ended up mired back in the pack tryin to dig myself out of a hole. Here is a little video from my perspective:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TA7D_Yfogd0
Old Oct 25, 2007, 02:02 PM
Evolving Member

Cool

One thing I noticed watching all these videos... Bill's car has virtually no tire noise/squeal compared to the crazy noise we are making... Amazing what a car that sits 2" of the ground and has extra wide tires can do on a handling track.

Bill I want a rematch at HPT...no not the road course... the 1/4mile strip or even the dirt track... anything to even this up a bit Good drives to both you and Marty... and BTW for the STi driver that "sux"... he won both Pocono races against some pretty good competition including the current T2 National Champion...

Last edited by VR4orceCJ; Oct 25, 2007 at 02:10 PM.
Old Oct 25, 2007, 03:00 PM
Evolving Member

awesome vids.

thanks everyone for posting those up.
Old Oct 25, 2007, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by VR4orceCJ
Bill I want a rematch at HPT...no not the road course... the 1/4mile strip or even the dirt track... anything to even this up a bit Good drives to both you and Marty... and BTW for the STi driver that "sux"... he won both Pocono races against some pretty good competition including the current T2 National Champion...
I almost rammed in to a wall staring at Viviani and Knowles battling it out in the rain at Pocono. Knowles car control in an F-body in the rain with slicks on was nothing short of amazing.

Great drive btw on that last video

Last edited by Tsurara; Oct 25, 2007 at 03:59 PM.
Old Oct 26, 2007, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Insane; dunno who you guys handle that close quarters action sometimes. My hats off to everyone - nicely done.