Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Calling Nils and Robi - Laguna Seca Time Attack Nov. 11

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2007, 07:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RuckerPark
Laguna Seca mandates all race cars can not exceed 92dB level on their track .. so its hard to do so on race cars.. i guess thats the main reason.
not quite a true statement.. but, yes.. that day is a 92db day.. if your street car cant to 92db.. youre doing something wrong.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 07:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nils
lol... so much drama lately... ha ha
heh.. lots of talk.. a few threats.. a couple of 'i kick asses'... but no entries.. i love evo-land.

FS: 2005 GG MR - Modded but can pass 92db. - Make offers.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 08:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TiNnLady
i reccomend you stay at home before you have a girl slap you around the track...enjoy playing your

Kristine

bahahaha... poor richard... pwnd.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 09:48 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Richard EVO
Ya'll take it too seriously. Just wanted to see if Nils and Robi are comin' out. I don't know of anyone who is likely to beat Nils in street class, and Robi is about the most brassed-balled driver around.

The Evo peeps in NorCal who know me personally should understand.

You got a hell of a way to ask....

nils car in street class wont be beat, hes got miles ahead in development in his car/chassis with robi. ..... but guess what his only competition will be comming from norcal. Ya know one of those "wannabes"

Who are the top two cars in unlimited...??

AMS and uh wait another "wannabe" the GST's "L"

Richard spends the weekend at a norcal "wanabee" event and then goes home to insult the Redline entrys from norcal.

Here give me your address i ll mail you a tampon and some midol maybe you wont act like such a b*tch.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

You guys are getting really worked up over a time attack.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RuckerPark
Laguna Seca mandates all race cars can not exceed 92dB level on their track .. so its hard to do so on race cars.. i guess thats the main reason.
no not really. Race events are allowed a 101db limit depending on the race series.

The sound limit for street cars in CA is 95db on the street.

But for whatever reason, the Time attack event is limited to 92.... Try achieving that in an open class car

For some of the other classes it may or may not be an issue.. YMMV
Old Oct 31, 2007, 10:52 AM
Evolving Member

Ya'll take it too seriously. Just wanted to see if Nils and Robi are comin' out. I don't know of anyone who is likely to beat Nils in street class, and Robi is about the most brassed-balled driver around.

The Evo peeps in NorCal who know me personally should understand.
Backing down now that you see what you're really up against huh?
Old Oct 31, 2007, 11:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jbfoco
his only competition will be comming from norcal. Ya know one of those "wannabes"
thought JC was from so cal.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 11:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lmao + lame
Old Oct 31, 2007, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Unlike some others around here, I can admit when I am wrong. I never intended the "wanabee" remark to be as insulting as it came out. As I understand it, there are several excellent Evo tuners on NorCal. There is certainly a large Evo community and I have met several of them personally at Thunderhill during my last 2 trips there.

I'm sure the most vitriol came from that true gentleman of the car boards, ryan0. Fortunately, I have him on my "ignore list" so I don't have to read his poison.

As for the rest of the NorCalEvo community, I'm sorry I offended you. You are a great group, and a really fast one too.

Last edited by Richard EVO; Oct 31, 2007 at 12:25 PM.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 12:33 PM
Evolving Member

Hey richard maybe that echo that gave you a beat down at SOW will show up to embarrass you again.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

I'm sure the most vitriol came from that true gentleman of the car boards, ryan0. Fortunately, I have him on my "ignore list" so I don't have to read his poison.
wtf?.. i didnt say sheet.

Originally Posted by evilution310
Hey richard maybe that echo that gave you a beat down at SOW will show up to embarrass you again.
buahaha... ok.. maybe i laughed a little.

we should all chip in a get richard a personalized plate for his car.. if it ever runs again.. how bout PWNT.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 02:12 PM
Evolving Member

one other unfortunate fact that i think will keep some cars out or at least uncompetitive is the difference between cars set up for nasa time trials and the redline events. the classing rules are very different.
i know my car was a frontrunner in tta with nasa, but just the power rules alone(or lack there of) with redline makes my car and i'm sure many others underpowered to run the times needed.
it's too bad really since it sounds like a great event, but it's unrealistic to me to change the set up of the car to run a couple of redline events compared to the dozen or so nasa events available to us up in norcal.

maybe i'll go just to see everyone and be involved but it's a hard pill to swallow knowing on the way in that you really don't have a prayer of running up front
Old Oct 31, 2007, 02:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by smack_evo
my car and i'm sure many others underpowered to run the times needed.

not quite the same type of event.. but hey.. youre out passing 360 challenges at THILL.. which is weird cause ya figure a 360 challenge car is way deep into the 30s at laguna.

Last edited by ryan0; Oct 31, 2007 at 02:51 PM.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 05:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ryan0
not quite the same type of event.. but hey.. youre out passing 360 challenges at THILL.. which is weird cause ya figure a 360 challenge car is way deep into the 30s at laguna.
Not to pick another fight but Smack is no slouch, he runs faster laps at thill than just about everyone...... in a TTA preped car.

Quick Reply: Calling Nils and Robi - Laguna Seca Time Attack Nov. 11