Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Congratulations to Rober Fuller...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2008 | 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

It's "Set-Up" on Speed Channel. This is the second season. Jeremy Croiset, the lead instructor with Redline Track Events, was the winner the first season. The cars were Pontiac Solstice.
Old Feb 25, 2008 | 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Good luck Robert, what show is this going to be? If it is the worthless street tuner challenge, then an extra good luck is needed. Since even if you demolish the competition(aka the Evo in season 3) you can still lose somehow to a Focus.....
Old Feb 25, 2008 | 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

http://www.speedtv.com/programs/setup/
Old Feb 25, 2008 | 03:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Gsxtremedsm
Good luck Robert, what show is this going to be? If it is the worthless street tuner challenge, then an extra good luck is needed. Since even if you demolish the competition(aka the Evo in season 3) you can still lose somehow to a Focus.....
I have to assume you don't fully understand the premise and the rules of the show (Street Tuner Challenge)?

Points are awarded to the cars based on how much they improve the modified vehicle compared to the stock version of that same vehicle. With the EVO being so good out of the box, they had the disadvantage compared to the Focus. Basically, the Focus had more room to improve, percentage wise, than did the Evo...

Get it?
Old Feb 25, 2008 | 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fugiwara
what TV show is this, on what channel? can anybody tell me?

Originally Posted by DragNRacing
for making it on Speed's show Setup. I hope that you take the $100,000

P.S. Sorry for missing the "t" on your name Robert!
here
Old Feb 25, 2008 | 04:46 PM
Evolving Member

Last years "setup" format was that they took a bunch racers with different backgrounds and their crews. They all run Pontiac Solstices across different tracks up at Willowsprings from SOW to the circle tracks.

In the beginning each team picks up a "sponsor" like sketchers or what not and have to explain why they'd be good at representing the brand.

Each team works on their cars setting them up for the next round based on the track they're going to run and get upgrades based on how they did in the previous round.

Jeremy basically ran away with it last season and the producers looked like they were setting up challenges to slow him down which he continued to destroy. There was a bit of drama between him and an autocrossing loser who drove a bit rough.

Probably one of the better shows on speed. Its not top gear, but for a speed produced show its pretty good.
Old Feb 25, 2008 | 05:21 PM
Evolving Member

This is one of my favorite shows!!! I thought that was Robi that I saw. Good luck man, give'em hell
Old Feb 25, 2008 | 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

I'm still not clear on if Robi is a driver or crew chief. Does anybody know for sure? Thanks!
Old Feb 25, 2008 | 05:44 PM
Account Disabled

Yes I was the driver and Robi was my awesome crew cheif. He had a huge amount of of experience with the Solstice GXP, so i knew he was the man to have as my crew chief. I'd be happy to answer any questions regarding the episodes that have already air'd but i cant talk about any results or anything that hasn't happened yet.

Make sure you set your DVR's and Tivo's... the season is VERY exciting.

Kyle
Old Feb 25, 2008 | 05:52 PM
spt
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kingkyle
Yes I was the driver and Robi was my awesome crew cheif. He had a huge amount of of experience with the Solstice GXP, so i knew he was the man to have as my crew chief. I'd be happy to answer any questions regarding the episodes that have already air'd but i cant talk about any results or anything that hasn't happened yet.

Kyle
I'm glad to see another member here on that show. Aaron from Speedventures was on last season. Hope you did well.
Old Feb 25, 2008 | 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

I just watched both promo's, some dude flipped his GXP something serious, looks like a FUN season Go Robi!
Old Feb 25, 2008 | 07:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by yooyooyoo
Last years "setup" format was that they took a bunch racers with different backgrounds and their crews. They all run Pontiac Solstices across different tracks up at Willowsprings from SOW to the circle tracks.

In the beginning each team picks up a "sponsor" like sketchers or what not and have to explain why they'd be good at representing the brand.

Each team works on their cars setting them up for the next round based on the track they're going to run and get upgrades based on how they did in the previous round.

Jeremy basically ran away with it last season and the producers looked like they were setting up challenges to slow him down which he continued to destroy. There was a bit of drama between him and an autocrossing loser who drove a bit rough.

Probably one of the better shows on speed. Its not top gear, but for a speed produced show its pretty good.
"Autocrossing loser". He's a multi-time National Champion. How many National Championships do you have in any form of racing? Ron also has quite a bit of track time as well so he's no noob on the track. Jeremy was the more agressive driver. I will agree with most of your summary of the show though. I think that this years show will be very interesting since there are more good drivers from Autocross national champions to time attack champions. Finally something on Speed that doesn't make me want to go watch HGTV instead.
Old Feb 26, 2008 | 04:11 AM
Evolved Member

[QUOTE=Dave Mac;5331632 Finally something on Speed that doesn't make me want to go watch HGTV instead.[/QUOTE]

Ain't that the truth!

Can't wait to watch some of the shows
Old Feb 26, 2008 | 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kingkyle

Kyle
Already am ...

I saw Robi on SETUP and was like WTF! That's Robi of Robispec ... I met that guy in person ... He worked on my buddy's car in my garage ... LOL!

And my wife gave me the look ...

Grats Kyle!!
Old Feb 26, 2008 | 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

I knew this was coming....

lets hope they dont change the rules 'as they go' this time around....... we all know reality TV is not exactly that...

but congrats on the massive TV outreach!! nice!!

n

Quick Reply: Congratulations to Rober Fuller...