Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

2008 Formula1 discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2008, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it's a brilliant move if lewis intentionally took out kimi instead of kubica in that fraction of a second.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 06:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mr_brightside
it's a brilliant move if lewis intentionally took out kimi instead of kubica in that fraction of a second.
Thats Garbage!

Made my picks. I think its going to be a good race esp with Ham in the back.

I do hope Sebastien Bourdais catches a break at his home town. Although I must say I didn't pick him for one of my drivers this week... It would be amazing to watch him catch a top 3 or even 5 finish.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^ to think that Seb Bourdais is gonna make the podium or even make it as high as 5th is just retarded... he'll be lucky if he finishes the race.

Oh yeah, your slackin on the results too. You've only done the first three races.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by grillpt
^ to think that Seb Bourdais is gonna make the podium or even make it as high as 5th is just retarded... he'll be lucky if he finishes the race.

Oh yeah, your slackin on the results too. You've only done the first three races.
Sir please note I did not state that I think he would place well; in refference I appointed that he probably would not prosper in his home town but reflected on how great it WOULD be if he had.

And you have update.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

^I gotcha... either way I doubt its gonna happen.

Yeah Kimi, that what I'm talking about... Ferrari front row. Hami's screwed, he needed to be on pole to have the best chance of getting on the podium.

Should be a great race.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

I hate Ferrari. I was praying for a major malfunction... for KIMI. I like Massa.ß
Old Jun 22, 2008, 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

LOL @ Piquet passing Alonso at the end.
Double LOL @ Hamilton for shooting himself in the foot ... again.

Interesting race, too bad about Kimi's car issues ... he certainly deserved the win. I guess BMW isn't quite ready for prime time yet. Kinda disappointing to see Kubica come in 5th; and WTF is up with Heidfeld?

l8r)
Old Jun 23, 2008, 05:26 AM
Evolved Member

Not the result I was looking for, but Kimi still finished 2nd, 8 points is better than none.
I thought the race was pretty good, there were some battles throughout the field.
I have no idea what Hami was doing dive-bombing the chicane like that. I could go either way on his drive through, but in the end I think it was the right call.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Horray for Jarno Trulli finishing 3rd and getting a podium spot! Fantastic battle between Jarno and Heikki towards the end. I was really rooting for Jarno and he pulled it off. LOL @ Hammy for getting penalized twice!
Old Jun 23, 2008, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WrX Kila
I hate Ferrari. I was praying for a major malfunction... for KIMI. I like Massa.ß
and the Mclaren Cheerleader speaks
Old Jun 23, 2008, 03:24 PM
Former Sponsor

This race couldn't have made me happier!
Old Jun 23, 2008, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Phenix@XtremeBoost
and the Mclaren Cheerleader speaks
You are so right... rather Mclaren then Ferrari. Imagine that piece of exhaust dangling from any other squad than Ferrari... they would have been called in. Massa is the man though!!!
Old Jun 24, 2008, 06:21 AM
Evolved Member

FIA....... Hmmmm.... Why wasn't Kimi called in? He is a bad@ss driver but team red seems to be getting quite a few big breaks this year. Good to see somethings never change....

On another note, Massa is enroute to a championship. Watching him drive during qualifying at Monaco gave me goosebumps.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 10:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NoTec
FIA....... Hmmmm.... Why wasn't Kimi called in? He is a bad@ss driver but team red seems to be getting quite a few big breaks this year. .
My sentiments Exactly... F#*king Ferrari!!!{thumbdwn}
Old Jun 26, 2008, 07:12 AM
Evolved Member

Indy: F1 could still return.
Thu 26 Jun, 11:48 AM

Indy chiefs admit 'We are still talking to Formula 1 about returning to the United States'.

Indianapolis Motor Speedway chiefs have again said that the door remains open for Formula One to return to the venue, despite the fact that the United States Grand Prix is missing from the provisional schedule for the 2009 season.

Indy hosted the US Grand Prix from 2000 to 2007 but was missing from the calendar this season after failing to reach an agreement with F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone to return for an eighth straight year.

Well aware of the need to make the event financially viable, the circuit was looking to try and secure the backing needed to make a return in 2009 but Ecclestone appeared to pour cold water on a race earlier this month when he said that a US race wasn't something he considered as 'fundamental'.

The provisional calendar for 2009 released by the FIA duly didn't contain a return to Indianapolis, with the only addition to the circuits visited in 2008 being the first ever race in Abu Dhabi.

Despite that, Indianapolis Speedway president told the Indy Star that he felt there was still a home for F1 in the United States and that the race could still take place next year, although it gets 'tougher and tougher' every day to bring the event back.

"I still think there's a home for F1 in the U.S., but it's getting the right partner to activate and promote it," he said. "That's a vital component.

"The door remains open for the future. There continues to be dialogue."

Source: Crashnet

Quick Reply: 2008 Formula1 discussion