Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

2008 Formula1 discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2008, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NoTec
I understand your points and pretty much agree with them. However, when you are of equal talent and skill of a senior driver on the same team, I don't always feel it's correct to sit back and play the number 2 driver. True LH could have shown a little more respect but the guy is good and in order to become a champion, you have to be a little assertive/forceful at times.

Team orders and pecking order are different in my book. Sure Heikki knows that he is number 2 at MM, but I don't believe he is instructed to let Lewis pass anytime Lewis is near him. Heikki knows what is required to remain a member of MM. He knows which side his bread is buttered on... I believe if he could maintain his practice/qualifying/early-race pace throughout the entirety of the event, this "team orders" BS would be layed to rest.

Okay so you have ground to stand on. I still wonder though if LH is given the pass on Hk, but thats really speculation. But I can see where you come from for sure. Good chat.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ludikraut
So, let's see, those three links were over a 12 year time-period. I guess for now just one will do for Hamilton:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de2_Upfmaas

My point wasn't in defending anyone. It's simply that most 'winners' are hyper-competitive, and will do just about anything to win, and Hamilton isn't an exception to this. I'm sure we could all compile dozens of clips of where a championship leading driver or contender is blocking someone faster at all costs - fair has nothing to do with it. LH is a great driver, of that there is no doubt ... but then again, so are a number of others.

l8r)
Old Aug 1, 2008, 04:41 AM
Evolved Member

This is going to be an interesting weekend. SF and MM have and are being equipped with new aero. With MotoGP out for summer break, I'm praying for a "VERY" competitive qualifying session and race. NO more one man shows pleazzzzze!!!!
Old Aug 1, 2008, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah should be a good race, I hope the Ferrari's have something for them in the race and quali. Hammy was half a second clear of them in practice. Not what I want to see...
Old Aug 1, 2008, 11:49 AM
Former Sponsor

Is Ferrari on a new motor this week?
Old Aug 1, 2008, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by inneedof
Is Ferrari on a new motor this week?
Not sure... I still have to watch practice when I get home from work. If they say, I'll post it up.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 12:36 PM
Former Sponsor

thanks!
Old Aug 2, 2008, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

^ I never heard them say, but I think Kimi is on a new and Felipe is on his second race. I know Kimi got a new one after France due to the exhaust failure. So that would mean the aforementioned sequence.

Aside from that, I really wanted to see Massa take P1 after his fast lap in Q2, but at least he's on the clean side of the track. Kimi is still dissapointing. Nice to see Kubica going well in his "home" race and Glock looks good too.
Should be a good race through the field tomorrow, even though the place is so hard to pass on.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 06:44 AM
Evolved Member

MM does it again!!!

An unfortunate turn of events for SF, but things like flat tires, exploding rims, failing gear boxes, and blown engines happen. More or less a boring race until Kimi's charge at the end but that was to be expected. Until the next race.

Last edited by NoTec; Aug 3, 2008 at 06:46 AM.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Real shame for Felipe. He drove a hell of a race. It was great to see his aggressiveness on the first corner, taking it to Hami!!!! I was disappointed in Kimi. He looked like he got away pretty goo than got stuck behind Alonso for most of the race.

I'm by no means a McLaren fan but, good to see Heikki get his first win. And what the heck is up with BMW?? They really seemed (at least Kubica) to be able to bring the fight to both McLaren and Ferrari.

On to Valencia. Should be interesting being it a new street circuit. Still can't want for Singapore at night, that should be REAL interesting.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

Seems to me like Ferrari is in the dog house. My oppinion is that Massa was pushing too hard causing motor to blow. As soon as that happened you saw Kimi slow down BIG TYME. Ferrari 110 MM 100. LH still in the lead. I dont know if Ferrari will be penalized for an enging change if they had one already. I felt so bad for Massa. I really like him.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

What a shame for Massa. He drove a hell of a race.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WrX Kila
Seems to me like Ferrari is in the dog house. My oppinion is that Massa was pushing too hard causing motor to blow. As soon as that happened you saw Kimi slow down BIG TYME. Ferrari 110 MM 100. LH still in the lead. I dont know if Ferrari will be penalized for an enging change if they had one already. I felt so bad for Massa. I really like him.
I believe Massa was on the second race weekend with that motor. Either way no penalty cause it would be his first, and the first is free. Sucks though...

Last edited by grillpt; Aug 3, 2008 at 06:29 PM.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

I thought the race was good... it had some slow parts but over all very eventfull. I was loving Felipe's turn 1 dive bomb, you know Hami was like WTF! Massa said after quali he didn't get a good lap, and he set fastest lap in Q2. It's a same it didn't workout, he deserved the win.
Happy Lewi lost his tire, happy Kimi made to podium, nice to Glock up there after last week, and Congrats for Heikki... I hope it leads to more pressure on Lewis.

3 weeks off sucks... can't wait for Valencia! Gonna be sick.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 07:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Massa's failure broke my heart today. I was very glad to see Glock finish so well!

Quick Reply: 2008 Formula1 discussion