Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

2008 Formula1 discussion

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2008, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
If it rains, Massa will spin out
Old Aug 21, 2008, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by inneedof
With a bit over 28 hours until the F1 weekend starts does anyone have any predictions?
Seems someone has F1 for there home page?!

Edit: BTW update its 14hrs now
Old Aug 25, 2008, 05:10 AM
Evolved Member

Congrats to team Red. Another good drive by Massa. I love how he almost wrecked in the pit and then proceedes to blame Sutil during the post race press conference. Real class act! Let's hope Ferrari can produce engines that last longer than two races for the rest of the season. If so, he is my choice as Ferrari's go to guy.

On another note, the vote question on F1's site today is "Is the world drivers' championship now a two-horse race between Lewis and Felipe?" I believe no and it is way to soon to tell. With Ferrari popping engines and dropping transmissions and running over their pit crew, there is no way to know for sure if they can continue to compete with MM. Lets hope for some more low contact corner to corner driving in the remaining races. Go MM!!!
Old Aug 25, 2008, 01:11 PM
Former Sponsor

I really feel that it is a 2 way race for the championship, Im not even sure how KR has managed to stay near the very top with his performances (performance not finishes) in the last 6 or so races. I really feel that alot of his issues at this point are mental.

I am curious to see what Ferrari says is the failure of this motor... not saying that i buy into there reason of why FM motor failed.

But all in all a good win for Ferrari, a very nice showing over the course of the weekend by some of the young guys, the only thing that could have made it better is if Lewis would have dnf-ed
Old Aug 25, 2008, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Ferrari better get their $hit together in the next two weeks. I was glad to see Felipe's engine hold together, but losing Kimi's sucked.
I like the track for the most part, it's got some really quick corners. Coming in to the last hairpin before start finish is awesome.
Overall I think the race was OK, no safety car witch I think everyone was expecting. I think the Ferrari still has the pace over MM provided the thing doesn't grenade before the end of the race. I hate to see FA go out of the race so early. Vettal had a real nice run, Kubica, Trulli and Rosberg. The BMW's are still way off the pace though.
Moving forward, I look for Ferrai to own Spa, Kimi's going for his 4th win in a row.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 01:19 PM
Former Sponsor

the race was pretty, but i don't think after the first lap that there was a single pass on track that makes for an insanely boring race
Old Aug 27, 2008, 01:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by KevinD
the race was pretty, but i don't think after the first lap that there was a single pass on track that makes for an insanely boring race
After watching the gp2 race and the f1 race, i am really just not impressed with the track.
Old Aug 28, 2008, 05:01 AM
Evolved Member

I almost felt as if this track was more of a fundraising event or glamour track for the beautiful people. It seems like its on the calendar to display the cars. I don't know if I would consider it a place for "real" racing. Maybe it should just rain at every event for the rest of the season.
Old Sep 6, 2008, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Should be a good race tommorow.
Old Sep 6, 2008, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

I agree... I freakin love Spa. Best race of the season since they took Suzuka off the calender. I think the Ferrari's will have the race pace over McLaren tomorrow but we'll just have to wait and see. Kimi needs a win if he is going to keep his title hopes alive.
Old Sep 6, 2008, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by grillpt
I agree... I freakin love Spa. Best race of the season since they took Suzuka off the calender. I think the Ferrari's will have the race pace over McLaren tomorrow but we'll just have to wait and see. Kimi needs a win if he is going to keep his title hopes alive.
I think MM will have the edge over the Scuderia's.
Old Sep 7, 2008, 06:27 AM
Evolved Member

HAMILTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 7, 2008, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!! Car control FTW!! Rain skills FTW!! It seems as though MM's victory at Spa was inevitable. Congratulations Lewis!!! Heiki, WTF happened man?????
Old Sep 7, 2008, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NoTec
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!! Car control FTW!! Rain skills FTW!! It seems as though MM's victory at Spa was inevitable. Congratulations Lewis!!! Heiki, WTF happened man?????
Better Check F1.com...
Old Sep 7, 2008, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

Absolute BS!!! "Ferrari International Assistance!!!" All the F'ing way. I've never seen more rubbish in all my life. It's getting ridiculous. That was a righteous, fair, and well deserved win. And to think the FIA could just strip it away???

Quick Reply: 2008 Formula1 discussion