Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

2008 Formula1 discussion

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2008, 03:05 PM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by grillpt
^ I hear ya

But finishing in second isn't so easy...

I can't wait for the last three races
Plus, there's going to be a lot of pressure on LH to win, not just eek out the driver's points championship. MM is one point up on Ferrari... MM in P1 and P5 (about par for HK) and Ferrari in P2 and P3 is a draw...
Old Sep 30, 2008, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Hamilton will learn from his mistakes of yesteryear and come out on top this season.
Old Sep 30, 2008, 10:33 PM
El Jefe

No pit lane entrance wrecks?
Old Oct 1, 2008, 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by WestSideBilly
No pit lane entrance wrecks?
That would be awesome, but I don't think he'll do it twice. China always has a twist to it thought.

Last edited by grillpt; Oct 1, 2008 at 03:06 PM.
Old Oct 7, 2008, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

The Canadian Grand Prix has been dropped from the 2009 schedule... Thanks Bernie. I was gonna next year too.
I guess the schedule was just too tight, the teams weren't too happy they weren't gonna get their summer break that they have been used too.
Old Oct 7, 2008, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I guess F1 is completely abandoning the North American continent. ... I wish they would take away those "street" circuits instead.
Old Oct 7, 2008, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DaWorstPlaya
I guess F1 is completely abandoning the North American continent. ... I wish they would take away those "street" circuits instead.
Srsly... Get rid of Valencia!
I have heard that the US GP will be back in 2010, but who knows...
Old Oct 7, 2008, 10:29 AM
El Jefe

Too many countries who have more money to pay off Bernie than the US and Canada, I guess.

Bummer, the Montreal race was a good one.
Old Oct 12, 2008, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Interesting race. Quite exciting even while I fought the sleep. As usual, it's unfortunate when MM is not on the podium. I hope everyone can now see where the real talent lies?!?! You have a select group of folks who drive spiritedly, aggressively, and employ overtaking maneuvers that are safe and contact free. Then you have those who choose to drive aggressively and recklessly without regard for anyone else's vehicle and simply refuse to respect line priority.

Now penalizing Bourdais 25 points for having the inside line and holding his ground against Massa is just flat out wrong. If you can't safely get around someone, then wait until you can safely get around them. That doesn't apply to SF. Not one bit.
Passing a Ferrari is illegal. Touching a Ferrari.... Whoops, scratch that!!! A Ferrari touching you and loosing control is illegal and YOU will be penalized for it.
Mayday mayday...... Ferrari needs assistance... No worries, FIA to the rescue!!!!!!

Last edited by NoTec; Oct 12, 2008 at 07:14 AM.
Old Oct 12, 2008, 11:37 AM
Former Sponsor

Was really a great race to watch. One of the best this season in my opinion, even if it didn't end how i would have liked it to.

fernando alonso has been driving well for the last 2 races and i couldn't be happier. This race could weigh pretty heavy on where a bunch of drivers end up.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
This was a great race with a good result. Alonso, Kubica and Raikonen on top. It would have been nice to see one of the Toyota drivers finish in the top 3 after the blistering times they were putting down. I agree with most of the penalties except the one that got handed to Sebastian Bourdais for the contact with Massa. Complete BS ....

Hamilton and Massa both got what they deserved, after their complete disregard for other drivers and the penalties they recieved. For a second there I thought I was watching NASCAR. Heikke should've also been penalized for his part in the start but his car blew up, poetic justice. The battle between Kubica and Raikonen was fun to watch, was cleanly preformed and should serve as an example of how its done.

Last edited by DaWorstPlaya; Oct 13, 2008 at 12:23 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Oct 13, 2008, 10:22 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ITS n STI
I think Hamilton will learn from his mistakes of yesteryear and come out on top this season.

he learned from his mistakes alright! he learned how to make different mistakes
Old Oct 13, 2008, 10:27 AM
Former Sponsor

I was very impressed with the race that Raikonen raced. He showed great restraint when he made the decision to stop trying to pass Kubica. If He would have tried for a few more laps there would have been a good chance that he would not have enough tire to finish the race. Really shows that he has accepted his role as the Ferrari number 2 drive. Instead of going for a finish were he could have been in the driver race still, he held back and scored some much needed constructors points (instead of risking a dnf) Im not sure that the Kimi of 3 races ago would have made that same decision.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 10:28 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by KevinD

Old Oct 13, 2008, 10:33 AM
El Jefe

Originally Posted by KevinD

His mistake was trying to pass a slower car driven by a reckless driver.

Quick Reply: 2008 Formula1 discussion