Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

2008 Formula1 discussion

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2008, 02:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WestSideBilly
His mistake was trying to pass a slower car driven by a reckless driver.
+1. WTF am I missing about that one? LH's penalty was deserved for running Kimi off but I feel that if it were reversed, it would have been allowed. Massa is reckless and cut throat but that is how some over the years have won championships. A lot of viewers like his style. Kimi definately had a fine drive. I'm hoping for a damn good race this weekend and obviously a MM one two finish.

Can we please have an explaination for why Bourdais was penalized when Massa "HIT HIM??" I watched that conflict 5 times. How was Bourdais wrong??

Last edited by NoTec; Oct 13, 2008 at 03:00 PM.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 03:18 PM
Former Sponsor

i don't know if his penelty was deserved, but it sure as ^%&% was a terrible rookie mistake. he wasn't even close to making the pass on kimi in turn 1 lap one, yet he went for it anyway, tires smoking, flat spotting them, and running 3 drivers off the track. using the walls and other cars to make a turn only works in grand tourismo with damage mode off
Old Oct 13, 2008, 03:50 PM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by NoTec
+1. WTF am I missing about that one? LH's penalty was deserved for running Kimi off but I feel that if it were reversed, it would have been allowed. Massa is reckless and cut throat but that is how some over the years have won championships. A lot of viewers like his style. Kimi definately had a fine drive. I'm hoping for a damn good race this weekend and obviously a MM one two finish.

Can we please have an explaination for why Bourdais was penalized when Massa "HIT HIM??" I watched that conflict 5 times. How was Bourdais wrong??
LH deserved the penalty for L1 Turn 1. He had a mediocre start and went in WAY too hot and ran 3 or 4 cars off.

Massa flat out punted LH 2 turns later. He cut the apex to gain position (again) and could have easily taken LH out of the race. In fact, LH was really lucky he didn't get run over, or stall and be DQed. Massa is saying the incident was unavoidable, but it's easily avoidable - cede the position when you've been passed in the middle of a narrow turn.

Bourdais got dicked over.

Massa races a lot like Schumacher did, IMO. MS seemed clean the last few years because Ferrari was so dominant, but early on he did **** like this all the time.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KevinD
i don't know if his penelty was deserved, but it sure as ^%&% was a terrible rookie mistake. he wasn't even close to making the pass on kimi in turn 1 lap one, yet he went for it anyway, tires smoking, flat spotting them, and running 3 drivers off the track. using the walls and other cars to make a turn only works in grand tourismo with damage mode off
Last time I checked, Rai and Massa were the only ones getting personal with walls and using other cars to turn, respectively!!!
Old Oct 14, 2008, 10:26 AM
Former Sponsor

LH deserved the penalty period. It was by far the most reckless bit of driving of the race.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 11:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Predictions for this weekend?
Old Oct 17, 2008, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I'll make my predictions after watching practise and quali this weekend
Old Oct 18, 2008, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DaWorstPlaya
I'll make my predictions after watching practise and quali this weekend
And they are?
Old Oct 18, 2008, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

I bet Alonso will take Hamilton out of the race via turn one.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 02:10 AM
Evolved Member

Good race... next two weeks he comes in number 5 and take the tittle. Good race, Shame on Ferrari!
Old Oct 19, 2008, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WrX Kila
Good race... next two weeks he comes in number 5 and take the tittle. Good race, Shame on Ferrari!
I certainly hope Lewis is aiming for the number 1 position in Brazil. There would be no better way to bring the championship home than to take first on Massa's home turf.

Also, what do you mean by shame on Ferrari? You aren't referring to that spectacular pass Massa made on Kimi at the end of that straight are you?

I'm pretty sure McLaren did the same thing at Hockenheim. I personally think that team orders rule is pointless. Until Brazil. MM all the way!!!!
Old Oct 19, 2008, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NoTec
I certainly hope Lewis is aiming for the number 1 position in Brazil. There would be no better way to bring the championship home than to take first on Massa's home turf.

Also, what do you mean by shame on Ferrari? You aren't referring to that spectacular pass Massa made on Kimi at the end of that straight are you?

I'm pretty sure McLaren did the same thing at Hockenheim. I personally think that team orders rule is pointless. Until Brazil. MM all the way!!!!
I hear you.... but he needs to finish in the top 5. He does not need to win the race.... needs to see the bigger picture. I was not talking about the brilliant pass Massa made on Kimi. I mean shame on Ferrari in general. I dont like Ferrari, and even Lewis went over to them, I would still dislike them.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 04:48 PM
Former Sponsor

That was a pretty brilliant pass
Old Oct 20, 2008, 07:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Japan was a great race... China sucked! Usually this track puts on a great race, but not this time. On a side note, I see nothing wrong with what Ferrari did, all the teams do it. That rule needs to be removed from the books.

Heres to Lewi in hopes of him screwing it up in Brazil just like last year. Either way I think Ferrari wins the constructors.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 08:07 AM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by grillpt
Either way I think Ferrari wins the constructors.
Unless they double DNF I don't see how Hamilton can overcome the difference. And yes, I'm operating on the assumption the Kovaleinen will DNF as well, since that's all he's capable of.

Quick Reply: 2008 Formula1 discussion