Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

EVO X STU video

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2008, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVO X STU video

I didn't make the video...someone watching did. I won our fun run in STU and now our 1st points event in STU (which is where this vid was taken). The guy in the white 8 is my neighbor and is normally very fast, but he was dealing with a pinched nerve in his back this weekend so quick reactions were killing him.

Last week I got spanked at another region's event by a national level driver in a prepped STI and the stock 8 in this vid. I had my head up my hole and was having trouble catching cones with the aero kit side skirts in tight garages.

We started running STU in our stock cars just to run against this guy in the STI so we could learn from him and improve. We are getting closer, but can't beat him yet. In our particular region, he moved into our "expert" class so he isn't scored against us...which I think sucks.

Anyway. Enjoy! STU is a lot of fun and the competition is great. We are both prepping our cars for the class now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVrfIUa_fHs
Old Apr 28, 2008, 01:28 PM
Evolving Member

What's the Cd on that car. The frontal area looks like it completely destroys the aero drag on the car. I know frontal area is only a small part, but it's still significant.

Either way, looks like the car handles VERY well, didnt look to push all that much.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bluestreak
What's the Cd on that car. The frontal area looks like it completely destroys the aero drag on the car. I know frontal area is only a small part, but it's still significant.

Either way, looks like the car handles VERY well, didnt look to push all that much.
I'm not sure what the CD is but I'm not too worried about it. It accelerates harder than my 05 even with the extra weight and we are only doing 2nd gear and 60mph and less as most events.

There was ZERO push. The STIs and the 8s and 9s were pushing badly on that surface and I was able to rotate perfectly...no understeer whatsoever. Actually it is kind of tail happy which was a problem for me at the last event. On my 1st run, which is not in the video, I was completely sideways drifting that long sweeper That was the reason for my DNF. They don't like drifting ..thank goodness.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They DNF'd you for getting loose in a turn? Christ, I'd never get to complete a run.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

The X sure does look like it rotates well. nice work
Old Apr 28, 2008, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GTLocke13
They DNF'd you for getting loose in a turn? Christ, I'd never get to complete a run.
It was definately more than getting loose. It felt so great that I carried it out of the course
Old Apr 28, 2008, 03:37 PM
Evolving Member

It looks like the X understeers less than the previous one in stock form, put this thing on a diet and it could become a monster.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 07:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by madmax199
put this thing on a diet and it could become a monster.
A major diet

If it weighed within 100# or so of an VII or IX, I'd pick one up & start to develop it, but they're just too heavy.

They do appear to handle well, though...
Old Apr 28, 2008, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

I think the car will have a tough time in STU because of the weight and extra width all on the little 245 tire. Tight garages are tough with the aero kit being so wide. I do think it could be a great SM car. You can take out a lot of weight and there is room for big rubber. It is more powerful than my old car for sure stock for stock and the engine is superior.

To me it does not feel 300lbs heavier; it just feels slightly different. I have questioned why I bought this car for auto x many times sitting in the staging lanes. I am at a huge weight disadvantage....but I also just put a good spanking on every STI and EVO on the lot in a completely stock car. So heh...she can't be too shabby. I'll get used to it.

Last edited by DRAG; Apr 28, 2008 at 09:04 PM.