Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

EVO Power in Speed World Challenge GT Class @ Miller RIGHT NOW!

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2008, 09:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by eficker
I doubt it, but its a possibility. Just depends where the car is at that time and what is going on. The first priority is the series, obviously. I know there are plans to take on HKS at the Super Street TA, just because its in the off-season, with no conflicting shedules.

Yeah, the typical awd cars have not done well in SWC GT. I can't say why, really, only that this car was built properly and the practice says very little about the actual speed of the car. The driver, Vesko, is almost inhuman on track, smart moves and very little if any mistakes. If you've read "The Fountainhead", by Ayn Rand, you'll have an idea about who he is.

JID, easy on the details, brother. Perhaps a little edit is in order.

Vesko has his work cut out for him for sure, but the car is close (with only about 2 hours of testing so far!) and he has the skills, we'll see where he ends up. As crew chief i sure as hell hope i'm talking to the cameras during the race!
crew chief huh? we need details! what does ayn rand have to do with vesko anyway?

- andrew
Old May 16, 2008, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can someone tell me when and what channel this will be on tv? Thanks.

btw, lol. This was posted over on thier forums. "Also, any ideas why the Mitsu Lancer's are listed in the GT category? Must be some BIIIIIIG turbo's on them little suckers...", lol. And another guy writes "It makes perfect sense. Put the 2L Lancer in GT against the 8L Viper with no restrictor. The Lancer will probably have to weigh 800 lbs."

Clearly they have no idea what an evo is capable of.
Old May 16, 2008, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by GTWORX.com
crew chief huh? we need details! what does ayn rand have to do with vesko anyway?

- andrew

I would like to know what she has to do with him too, I haven't read that book though. I think he was comparing vesko to someone in the book. Tell us what the book is about.
Old May 16, 2008, 10:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DTM
Does anyone have link to the car or any pics and video?
I saw the car run in practice it is a gray IX...it certainly looked down on power in the straights compared to the big V8s...hopefully it can hold its own in the turns...I'll try and snap a couple of pics tomorrow.
Old May 16, 2008, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by mywave
I saw the car run in practice it is a gray IX...it certainly looked down on power in the straights compared to the big V8s...hopefully it can hold its own in the turns...I'll try and snap a couple of pics tomorrow.

I got a question. Why not twin turbo it with a smaller turbo and a even Bigger for the top? Are can they not do that in this class? It might help it keep up more. That turbo is good for 600hp, they need more power to compete with those vipers and such running 700 are better. I never ran a turbo yet, or do I got it wrong and that turbo adds up to 600hp on top of what the car already produces?

Last edited by Ridge Racer; May 16, 2008 at 11:55 PM. Reason: ?
Old May 17, 2008, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Old May 17, 2008, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Appears like a 1st class orginization is taking an evo to new levels of competition. Exciting no doubt. Best of luck taking on the big litre crowd.
Old May 17, 2008, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by jid2@[BINARY]

Thats alote of tire under that car :].
Old May 17, 2008, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From the pic above, Looks like a vertical IC, similiar to the HKS TA car, very cool if my eyes are not deceiving me. A pic of the HKS setup:

Last edited by zbomb; May 17, 2008 at 03:04 PM.
Old May 17, 2008, 03:00 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by zbomb
From the pic above, Looks like a vertical IC, similiar to the HKS TA car, very cool if my eyes are not deceiving me.
Yeah it looks vertical.... They might be having issues keeping the car cool. I guess they want more clean air to the radiator.
Old May 17, 2008, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

im hoping for a mumford here..... you guys qualed at 21st.... so im hoping there is sum serious sandbaggin going on.

good luck!

n
Old May 17, 2008, 06:38 PM

I'm interested in how thick the radiator and IC is, as a setup like the HKS car wouldn't seem sufficient for even a sprint race. TA cars have the luxury of ripping of a few hot laps and cooling down, whereas a race car needs to be 100% for almost the entire length of the race.

Hopefully the team will share some more pics and info. I realize, from first hand experience, sharing too much info is not in their best interest since SCCA Pro runs WC so well...

Its great to see an Evo running after the especially dismal performance of the ESX STi last year at Longbeach.
Old May 17, 2008, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ridge Racer
Can someone tell me when and what channel this will be on tv? Thanks.
There is a race tomorrow, ie Sunday, May 18 at 4:30 mdt at Miller Motorsports Park. As stated on their site, "Sunday’s race will be broadcast Wednesday, May 28 at 1 p.m. (EDT), 11 a.m. (MDT) locally."
Old May 17, 2008, 06:53 PM
DTM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by mywave
That would be great. I wish them a ton of luck out there!
Old May 17, 2008, 07:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
So it looks like the sticker on the bumper says AST unless i'm wrong.

- andrew

Quick Reply: EVO Power in Speed World Challenge GT Class @ Miller RIGHT NOW!