Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

EVO Power in Speed World Challenge GT Class @ Miller RIGHT NOW!

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2008, 10:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by eficker

The start was a thing of awd beauty, set your Tivos to record the race.
Like Vesko in the dirt beauty

Old May 18, 2008, 10:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It is oem based, but has been cut down to suit our needs. Could be something there, or a sensor not playing nice with the ems. We'll have it fixed soon enough...
Old May 18, 2008, 10:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jid2@[BINARY]
Like Vesko in the dirt beauty
LOL! That was pretty good. He said later that someone got in his way, and his path led to the dirt. I'm not surprised at all.
Old May 18, 2008, 10:19 PM
Evolved Member

i have a few pictures, ill post them up tomorrow, i also have a pic of the engine bay but i think vesko is kinda secretive about it, so i wont post that unless i get his permission. Erich, i didnt see you out there today, i came down to the garages to wish you guys luck, yah the car looked way fast in the turns but i could hear the ignition problems down on clubhouse corner, hopefully yyou get it all sorted out, id love to see what it will do when its running properly.

1 positive, it looks a lot better when it finished than kieths mustang did at the end of the koni challenge lol
Old May 18, 2008, 10:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eficker
Our first race was a little disappointing.

We had an electrical problem that started about turn 5 on the first lap that burned up the coilpacks and we'll have to see what else. We were plagued by electrical problems all weekend, so its not surprising.

Before this we made up 6 spots going from 21 to 15, passing several cars at the start and the first few turns. The start was a thing of awd beauty, set your Tivos to record the race.

A little sweet part of the loss was that we finished just ahead of the guy that was talking crap on the scca forums. Results here.

We have work to do, and that is obvious, but we showed that the car can compete. We will be at the next race, so we'll hopefully have it sorted. Thanks for all the kind words and the encouragement.

Watch the race on Speed channel this wed at Noon (Touring Car) and One pm (GT).
Thats really too bad. I hope you guys have better luck next time. I look forward to seeing how you guys do.

Btw, at the very end of your post, the part i highlighted in bold, you said, "Watch the race on Speed channel this wed at Noon (Touring Car) and One pm (GT)." This Wednesday the 21st? I ask because on the WC site it says, "Today’s race will be broadcast on SPEED Wednesday, May 28 at 1 p.m. (EDT), 11 a.m. locally." So are they going to broadcast the race this Wednesday the 21st, or next Wednesday the 28th?
Old May 19, 2008, 01:23 AM
Evolved Member

^just what I was wondering!
Old May 19, 2008, 01:24 AM
Evolved Member

holy **** look at how much rear camber is going on in that last pic!
Old May 19, 2008, 02:00 AM
Evolved Member

you need smaller mirrors...

i hope you figure everything else up and win 1st place...coz second place is just the first looser ;\
Old May 19, 2008, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Congrats to Vesko for making it to his first race with the car. When he called for map I thought it was for some private testing somewhere, not an actual race. The car got done late as I was suppose to fly out and tune it.

We had a large part in the engine/head/turbo/header etc. of this car, actually we built all of that. The work you have to go through with the SCCA getting it all approved is pretty extensive.

Wiring issues suck, hopefully he gets them worked out quickly.

Then there's the stickers that appear to be missing....................
Old May 19, 2008, 03:17 PM

Dave - There were two Buschur stickers on the car.

There will not be any photos of the engine or suspension, sorry, but thanks for your interest and support. I will say the car is amazing. Vesko did an awesome job, as usual.

We are a very small team trying to build both TC (#52 BMW car driven by Byron Smith) and GT cars for a more reasonable cost. (The Mustangs in GT are reportedly around $450,000) After this week I am sure the cars will do well the rest of the season. I own the 97 car and will be driving it at Mid Ohio in July when Vesko's Evo is finished.

For updated info on the cars check my blog at:

laratallman.blogspot.com

I'll be adding photos and video soon, but first I need some sleep . . .
Old May 19, 2008, 04:17 PM

laura....your car is amazing. i am excited for you and vesko to be racing side by side. thank you for letting me be apart of the action. see you at the track.

Last edited by dtcevo; May 19, 2008 at 04:55 PM.
Old May 20, 2008, 07:16 AM
Account Disabled

Too bad the secrets wont be shared.... from the pic above, it the car looks to be running huge negative rear camber and toe in. I'm guessing you have a rear bias power delivery

Good luck with the season!

Kyle
Old May 20, 2008, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vesko tries to steer clear of the online "scene" of the forums and just focus on building cars, he honestly has zero time to spare. I'm sure he's a tiny bit bitter about me posting a thread about the car, but it's a sweet machine and it's cool they are running in WC in general.

Hopefully they get the motor and electrical sorted and making the power they want. And continue to test and dial the beast in before the next race. They could stop by Buschur on the way out to the East Coast races and have Dave freshen up the tune.
Old May 20, 2008, 08:03 AM
Evolving Member

Here is a few pics when he was in the pit and they trying to fix it

Sorry for the pics its not very good it was taken from the outdoor suite
Old May 20, 2008, 08:18 AM

Vesko tries to steer clear of the online "scene" of the forums and just focus on building cars, he honestly has zero time to spare. I'm sure he's a tiny bit bitter about me posting a thread about the car, but it's a sweet machine and it's cool they are running in WC in general.
You're right about Vesko having zero time, he didn't even get to sleep before the race. That doesn't seem to slow him down.

As the team marketing person I've been wondering when the Evo community would notice what we're up to. We decided not to do any press before the race—we would like to prove our abilities first. But . . . it's time for us to get noticed and gain some support.

Quick Reply: EVO Power in Speed World Challenge GT Class @ Miller RIGHT NOW!