Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

2008 Devens SCCA National Tour

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2008, 04:29 AM
KC
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I took pics of all 4 heats, 1st runs, all day Saturday and posted them to the NER site at http://www.ner.org/v/solo/2008tour/ 1600+ pics. Also, others are starting to up-load their own.

Originally Posted by j14mp
But yea screw the sound thing. Some friggin person got a petition signed which is gayyyy.
Not really much of a petition, but a NIMBY that moved into the area a couple years ago during the winter season that put up a stink when the season started shortly after.

BTW, I talked to the guy with the MR today and he suggested I talk to a local to hook me up with some info on how to get started in autox. Can someone shoot me a PM so I can get out there ASAP???
http://www.ner.org is the local SCCA region that can help get you what you need. The newly re-designed site should help you find the info much easier.
Old Jun 10, 2008, 07:30 AM
Evolving Member

So a MSMiata beat all the evos in BSP! Wheres the petition to have them moved to ASP?
Old Jun 10, 2008, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by brian94ht
So a MSMiata beat all the evos in BSP! Wheres the petition to have them moved to ASP?
FYI, the fastest "bsp" car was also run in SM (2nd place) and had total times lower than the winning BSP miata. The 1st day course killed us, my car sucked a** royaly and so did the driver (me, not commenting on the guys running it in bsp). Daddio was absolutely on fire on saturday.

Honestly though Don's miata is not even that prepped and he was still fast. He is typically behind us locally and bring him to a grippy lot and things change quite a bit.
Old Jun 10, 2008, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KC
I took pics of all 4 heats, 1st runs, all day Saturday and posted them to the NER site at http://www.ner.org/v/solo/2008tour/ 1600+ pics. Also, others are starting to up-load their own.

Not really much of a petition, but a NIMBY that moved into the area a couple years ago during the winter season that put up a stink when the season started shortly after.

http://www.ner.org is the local SCCA region that can help get you what you need. The newly re-designed site should help you find the info much easier.
yea i dont get why some people are so miserable. I should find out where they live and show them some 2 stepping one night lol oh well

thanks for the help! I'm tired of the extreme abuse drag racing does not to mention its not even fun. Im not even passionate about it lol
Old Jun 11, 2008, 11:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kekek
FYI, the fastest "bsp" car was also run in SM (2nd place) and had total times lower than the winning BSP miata. The 1st day course killed us, my car sucked a** royaly and so did the driver (me, not commenting on the guys running it in bsp). Daddio was absolutely on fire on saturday.

Honestly though Don's miata is not even that prepped and he was still fast. He is typically behind us locally and bring him to a grippy lot and things change quite a bit.

Yeah, I had read your comments over on SCCAforums too. I was just making light of the fact that the vette guys throw fits and are now boycotting BSP because they dont like the AWD cars beating up on them. Who would have thought a Miata could get the job done in BSP. I dont know Don but kudos to him for not fearing the evos.
Congrats to you and everyone who drove your car. Mark is tough competition in any class.