Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

2008 Devens SCCA National Tour

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2008, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Devens SCCA National Tour

Figured I would start a thread for the upcoming tour this weekend. Weather looks damn hot right now with isolated t-storms on sunday. Still way to early to tell though.

I also wanted to make sure everyone knows that they have somewhat strict sound enforcement at Devens. This means if your car is very loud or you have been asked at other events to quiet down your car you should def be proactive! Just to give an idea of the limits, I haven't been personally dinged for sound in my BSP car but I know Mark has been at the limit in his SM car.

Anyone who hasn't run there will have a blast. The courses are typically quite fast and technical.

John
Old Jun 3, 2008, 05:47 PM
Evolving Member

Old Jun 4, 2008, 11:51 AM
Evolving Member

Are by-standers welcome at the Devens event?
Old Jun 4, 2008, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 286bhp
Are by-standers welcome at the Devens event?
Yes. You'll have to sign the waiver when you enter the site though. I couldn't think of a better event to come out and watch.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 04:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kekek
Anyone who hasn't run there will have a blast. The courses are typically quite fast and technical.

John
I second this. Also, the courses tend to be longer than at other sites -- 60 seconds is typical. Usually, you're going around a quadrangle formed by two runways, a taxiway and a connector, so there's a minimum distance of maybe 3/4 mile.

Mike
Old Jun 5, 2008, 07:04 AM
Evolving Member

Yes. You'll have to sign the waiver when you enter the site though. I couldn't think of a better event to come out and watch.
Sweet. I will probably come and check it out then. What day would you expect to be most exciting?
Old Jun 5, 2008, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 286bhp
Sweet. I will probably come and check it out then. What day would you expect to be most exciting?
Any day should be fun to watch. I'm gonna predict 2nd Heat as being fun to watch. SS, DSP, SM & XP maybe FS too. There will be definite battles happening.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 10:33 AM
Evolving Member

I'll be there competing in XP, I hope I'm not over the sound restriction.
I'll see you guys there.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

Any day should be fun to watch. I'm gonna predict 2nd Heat as being fun to watch. SS, DSP, SM & XP maybe FS too. There will be definite battles happening.
Yep. I imagine Mike Shields and Alex Shchipkov will be going at it pretty good again in DSP. (Alex was .7 secs faster over all at the May 25th BMW event at Devens, but only .3 secs faster in the afternoon.)
Old Jun 6, 2008, 06:26 AM
Evolving Member

Figured I would start a thread for the upcoming tour this weekend.
John
Hey, John,

I just noticed that you're pre-registered in SM, not BSP. Is that where you're running? There's plenty of guys in BSP to help pay for your Hoosier certificates. :-)

I may have to switch to SM and trade work slots to get out of Devens early on Sunday. I have a small conflict, namely my younger daughter's graduation from high school at 2pm. (oops.)

Mike
Old Jun 6, 2008, 07:08 AM
Evolving Member

I also wanted to make sure everyone knows that they have somewhat strict sound enforcement at Devens. This means if your car is very loud or you have been asked at other events to quiet down your car you should def be proactive! Just to give an idea of the limits, I haven't been personally dinged for sound in my BSP car but I know Mark has been at the limit in his SM car.

John
Which means I'd be way over the limit. I had to cancel my registration, got too much stuff tomorrow to make it up there.
I'll be at the Seneca, NY Pro Solo
Good luck John
Old Jun 6, 2008, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

I'm running SM for 2 reasons. 1) a friend had car trouble and needed a ride, so there will be 2 drivers in my car in bsp. 2) I want a shot at Mark heads up.

See you guys there.

John
Old Jun 7, 2008, 07:30 PM
Evolving Member

John,

I hope you have better luck than I did @ Atlanta... I had P1 after day 1 (barely)as my car's clutch backed ALL 8 bolts on the pressure plate before it let go & lodged itself against the bellhousing

I was still lucky enough to end up 2nd in a borrowed (evil-driving) STi

Good luck!
Old Jun 8, 2008, 04:04 PM
Evolved Member

I was out there today (sunday) as a spectator. Ahhh it's nice to live only a minute down the road from Devens :-) But yea screw the sound thing. Some friggin person got a petition signed which is gayyyy. I've lived in Ayer for 7 years now and listening to the cars from my house WAS great...

BTW, I talked to the guy with the MR today and he suggested I talk to a local to hook me up with some info on how to get started in autox. Can someone shoot me a PM so I can get out there ASAP??? thanks! I don't wanna drag race anymore and I didn't buy an evo to sit and look pretty :-( lol I tried autocrossing once in the PCA with a 944 turbo but I was god awful at it lol I've been out there watching every weekend since I was like 17 years old and I've only done it once haha
Old Jun 8, 2008, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Results - http://www.scca.org/popup/raceresult...12139&file=293

I got 1st.... 1st degree burns on my forearms from 2 blistering days in the sun, that is.

Quick Reply: 2008 Devens SCCA National Tour