Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Black River Stages Rally NY

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2008, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, when teams like ours spend about $5000 to pull out of the lot to go to an event I assure you that opinion matters. The fact that the "few problems" that were had a few years back did harm to us and others you may understand why many teams don't care to go.

The event did have tarmac stages and thats one reason we wanted to go. We turned in a terrific performance but thanks to confusion and mismanagement we were strongly penalized. As a result we were not able to show a strong performance to sponsors and prospective sponsors despite a great showing.

I am however happy to hear things are better because they needed to be.

Last edited by dsycks; Aug 30, 2008 at 03:34 PM.
Old Sep 1, 2008, 06:09 PM
Evolving Member

I've only been working at RallyNY 2 years now. Sorry you guys had problems before, and I'm not questioning that you did. What I am saying is that the event is run in an extremely professional manner now. To be honest I have no idea what the former problems of the event were before I volunteered last year but I had heard rumors of some time keeping issues and the like. Again, the event is top notch now and I would encourage you all to try it out again.

As far as Black River, its going to be a hell of a good time. There will also be rallymoto for the bike lovers out there.
Old Sep 2, 2008, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dsycks
Well, when teams like ours spend about $5000 to pull out of the lot to go to an event I assure you that opinion matters. The fact that the "few problems" that were had a few years back did harm to us and others you may understand why many teams don't care to go.

The event did have tarmac stages and thats one reason we wanted to go. We turned in a terrific performance but thanks to confusion and mismanagement we were strongly penalized. As a result we were not able to show a strong performance to sponsors and prospective sponsors despite a great showing.

I am however happy to hear things are better because they needed to be.
I have a dirty sock in my mouth! Sorry to hear that. Thats big money your talking about. In hien-site, Logan does stress that the RallyNY has changed since then. And Dsycks if you decide you are going to come up for the blk river stages you have a place to stay if you like.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 08:25 PM
Evolving Member

Got some info about some ppl being at BRS that aren't on the entry list yet. Several evos including someone I haven't seen run in awhile... thats all I can say for now.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 01:10 AM
Evolved Member

I do not care to take shots at ANYONE in the rally family and hope to see RallyNY do well. Its a small and passionate community in America and we are all dependent on each other in that if one of us falters it hurts the guy next to us as well.

As such I am honestly very happy to hear the the Rally is doing well, growing and getting stronger as I and many others are passionate about it and every victory is one we can share.

Honestly... Working with RallyVW is what got me into the Evo and track days in a round about way. I had one of the baddest VW TDIs in the states but it was like all Golfs of its vintage chassis challenged and I was tired of seeing Jon have all the fun driving the rally car.

As such I sold my TDi and moved on.

As for us making RallyNY, it's just not going to happen this year. We are in a bit of a hiatus and are looking at some options for our next car. Several auto makers are bringing new diesels to America and as such we actually have a few offers to move to a new chassis and maybe get a little factory support which could be huge for us as we are pioneers in green auto racing with the whole biodiesel thing.

Maybe next year we will show up with a new car and see if we can pick up where we left off giving the big boys a run for their money.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 06:30 PM
Evolving Member

I would be great to see you do just that. I always pull for the underdogs at events as I like to see talented driving out do money. Be interesting to see a green rally machine as well, I know they did the hybrid thing at Targa last year and are this year as well. Wave of the future so good luck with it.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

We have talked to the Targa Newfie folks and I for one would LOVE to go.

I am not sure if many folks understand just how good diesel can be and I for one consider it to be THE green way to be a gear head. Of course I say that after ditching the TDI and moving to a car that clubs baby harp seals and eats kittens.
Old Sep 11, 2008, 06:04 AM
Evolving Member

If ppl don't undertand the potential of diesel they must not have watched the Audis in American LeMans.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 10:52 AM
Evolving Member

2 weeks away
Old Sep 24, 2008, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

Dirt Roosters Soon-
Old Sep 24, 2008, 08:00 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Matt from DSG is doing the Rally Moto. Wish him luck!
Old Sep 24, 2008, 09:03 PM
Evolving Member

I'll be working the finish at the event on several stages so just tell him not to give me **** and his luck should be fine LOL!
Old Sep 25, 2008, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Makkinen II
I'll be working the finish at the event on several stages so just tell him not to give me **** and his luck should be fine LOL!
Hey man. I won't be able to work the race because I am coming up with friends so I must entertain and drink along side the race I will call you when I get up there tomorrow night, we will prolly get in around 7 7:30.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 01:36 PM
Evolving Member

Just let me know if you will be at the cabin Saturday night, I'm trying to figure out where to drink myself retarded after the event LOL.
Old Sep 28, 2008, 07:39 AM
Evolving Member

It was good meeting you, had a good time around the campfire afterwards.

I have to wait until my buddy pulls the vids off my camera but check out the pic on SpecialStage. I have the video. Amazing jump!

http://www.specialstage.com/forums/s...177#post276177

Last edited by Makkinen II; Sep 28, 2008 at 07:46 AM.

Quick Reply: Black River Stages Rally NY